Home

HL2 Source LEAKED

Guardian Omega

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

That's totally not the point, people don't go out of their way to put up ibg sings saying "LOOK AT ME, I'M CHEATING" They use sneaky hacks to give emselves the upperhand, like seeing through walls, fluorescent skins for other people etc. etc.

True, but fluorescent skins are client side things (e.g. it doesn't depend on a source code leak, you could do it without it) and couldn't you see if somebody was seeing through walls with the first-person view option?

Why wouldn't people make cheats from the start, if they have a big chance to get a big advantage people are gonna jump to it. The source is leaked now, cheats can be released already, other devs can just bump their physics/AI/lgraphical information etc. etc. I think that perhaps even Havok may be able to sue Valve for this (they've got their advanced physics engine open to the world to see, costa lot of money ye know)

Yea, but there's no point if you can play the game well without cheats. I've never tried downloading cheats for ET, for JK2 or for BF1942, because I can hold my own in ET and BF1942 and I spent more time trying to learn the JK2 SDK than playing the game. CS, on the other hand, can be so annoying it's not surprising people make cheats for it.

Once again, the age old question has been brought up...

Is it worth cheating in JKII?

No, it wasn't. When they give you a wall hack for a few force points, and there are no hitboxes for a proper aimbot, then cheats go right down the crapper.

And creating white player models doesn't work either, unless you're playing on an unpure server.

Originally posted by Nith Sahor

True, but fluorescent skins are client side things (e.g. it doesn't depend on a source code leak, you could do it without it) and couldn't you see if somebody was seeing through walls with the first-person view option?

Ah yeah, stupid me, what i meant was the nonclipping 15 foot poles that stuck out of people, hiding behind a box was rather stupid they could tell if they were about to pop out and shoot come round a corner. Also, you had the natural looking aim bots which alerted you of people that you could shoot instead of automatically spinning round and having a dead on aim. You could hold a button, make it look like you where turning round and then shooting, doing it all under 1 and a half seconds while looking like a normal lookabout then get a head shot exactly sometimes, letting them off a bit then killing or just killing them with nothing special :p Now they can randomize. Cheats in CS got so advanced eventually, you couldn't tell the difference between a real palyer and cheat unless you followed them and saw a pattern over about 15 rounds, then you still couln't be sure.

Yea, but there's no point if you can play the game well without cheats. I've never tried downloading cheats for ET, for JK2 or for BF1942, because I can hold my own in ET and BF1942 and I spent more time trying to learn the JK2 SDK than playing the game. CS, on the other hand, can be so annoying it's not surprising people make cheats for it.

Well in CS or HL, good players could make themselves prolific with cheats. if you're great without cheats, then imagine how much cheats will add alot to your perfomance.....

Like Rad said, in jk2 it was pretty useless to use cheats, even scripts aren't exactly helpful (you can be out-whatever-move-you-binded-ed by a pretty skilled player). Then again, the Q3 source has never been released...

Cheats in CS got so advanced eventually, you couldn't tell the difference between a real palyer and cheat unless you followed them and saw a pattern over about 15 rounds, then you still couln't be sure.

Cheats in CS might be advanced, but they are still detectable to someone who knows what to look for.

I can usually discern a cheater in two rounds of first person spectation, minimum. The cheaters of today just can't hide their help as well as people like myg0t do.

EDIT: Don't want the spelling nazis coming after me.

I'd also assume that ALL the potential revenue that valve might have made from licensing their Engine has just gone down the drain, as no game developer is going to want to power their game with this engine now.

Unless they can convince everyone that they have prevented the source code being exploited when HL2 finally comes out.

There is no Beta posted by rec @ 1:16pm

Sunday 5th October, 2003

As much as many of you would like to believe it, there is no beta, at least not at this stage. The best you'll find is a semi-functional source floating around, as some of you might have already seen. It contains a map that has been built using the compiled Hammer editor, you can walk around in it, unfortunately the fairy tale ends there. There are no sounds, no models, no official textures and you can't even read the console as there are no font files. The leaked source is only that; the source.

Many screenshots of apparent working versions have been floating around, all are fake. Many archives claiming to contain the beta only contain virii (trojans, tools to capture your key-strokes etc.) and foul explicit content. You will be wasting your own time, bandwidth, and potentially the security of your own machine by doing so.

We urge all participants of the HalfLife2.net community stear clear of any apparent leaked content, including the original source files.

What a b*tch!!

I can't imagine working on a game for 5 YEARS and having all your secrets and techniques ripped out of your hands and released to everyone. I hope whoever stole this code realizes this, and does not do anything foolish with the code, although that seems unlikely.

I give my sympathy to the Half-Life staff. They are truly masters of their art, and this is a travesty.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Well, it wasn't unexpected, Half Life 2 just got pushed back to an April 2004 release.

If that's a joke. It's a sick one.

I heard it was back til January, but then my friend showed me a site that reupdated and it is in stock on novermber 15

There may still be hope.

My friend is angry now. He thinks your mixed up halo 2 with half life 2

Half life 2 is 28th of November for pc. 2004 for Xbox or i'll eat my birthday money before spending it :(

maybe they'll release it before April. And when April comes they'll say APRIL FOOLS WE RELEASED IT EARLIER! Just to cheer us guys up.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

What a b*tch!!

I can't imagine working on a game for 5 YEARS and having all your secrets and techniques ripped out of your hands and released to everyone. I hope whoever stole this code realizes this, and does not do anything foolish with the code, although that seems unlikely.

I give my sympathy to the Half-Life staff. They are truly masters of their art, and this is a travesty.

The person who stole this was probably payed a large amount of money by someone if it was espianoge(sp?) or if they were just some bored hackers well I dunno what a reward would be...

This really just ruined my evening....

I haven't mixed up anything.

"A third of the source code was stolen. It's serious because it forces us to delay the launch of the game by at least four months, that is to April 2004. Just the time to rewrite parts of the game," VU Games president of international operations Christophe Ramboz told daily Les Echos in its Tuesday edition."

Guess we'll just have to wait until Valve confirms.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I haven't mixed up anything.

"A third of the source code was stolen. It's serious because it forces us to delay the launch of the game by at least four months, that is to April 2004. Just the time to rewrite parts of the game," VU Games president of international operations Christophe Ramboz told daily Les Echos in its Tuesday edition."

Guess we'll just have to wait until Valve confirms.

I'd comment on that, but either it'd be full of **** or i'd be banned.

Vivendi's communication is f*cked up!! Yeah one guy said it is pushed back till April 2004, but read this:

Fellow Half-Life fan site, HalfLife.org send word that they've recieved a response from Doug Lombardi after they had sent off an e-mail enquiring about the supposed Viviendi announcement stating that Half-Life 2 has been delayed until April 2004.

We are still assessing the effects of the attack. At this time, we have no further details we can share regarding the theft nor it's impact on the release of Half-Life 2.

Home of Half-Life Radio, HalfLifeSource.com have also recieved a response, not from Valve, but from Vivendi Universal's Mike Thompson who responded with "delay is not confirmed...". This once again highlights the potential communication issues that have plagued Viviendi in times passed. I'd suggest we all wait until Valve have made a public, concrete statement on the topic.

http://www.halflife2.net

So no one really knows what's going to happen, they don't even know the consequences of the "hacker attack" ;) So it could be november, or, if they have to rework a lot of things, April 2004 :(

And there is a pre-release beta of HL2 out now, a lot of ppl say :( But I don't really know for sure if it's true, cause there are a lot of sources saying otherwise...

Archived