Home

KOTOR II Gets Official Greenlight ***Spoilers***

Dalti Evful

In this months OXM the game mole reveals that KOTOR II is a go and will not be a true sequel. It will take place long after the current KOTOR time frame and will feature all new characters. It could also possibly be an XBox exclusive game depending on wether or not Microsoft can fork over the cash needed to close the deal with Bioware. This is in the gamer mole section of this months OXM mag and is insider rumor only. However this guy is never wrong and I have been reading OXM for over a year now. He said GTA III & Vice City were coming to the XBox months before Rockstar games made the official annoucement. I would say this is pretty concrete info considering Bioware and Microsofts new business ventures together. I would like to be the first to say to Bioware thank you! You are doing the right thing by not making a true sequel to the origional KOTOR.

yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!

ALLEUIA!!! thanks for the news :D :D

I cant wait, i wonder who the characters are

:confused: Another epic by bioware bring it on i say, jade empier and kotor2 are mine, i just hope kotor isnt that secret pc only game they have been keeping secret that wouldnt be fair :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Derek

If this is for all systems,it better not be called KOTOR 2

Something like KOTOR:Cool Name Here.

It won't be for all systems it will be X-Box only or PC and X-Box only. I would bet on the latter because Bioware released KOTOR to the PC audience and it would be foolish to leave them hanging when KOTOR 2 arrives. But you never know because Bioware wont be developing KOTOR 2.

i thought i post my thoughtsd here and say please make sequel to KOTOR with out beloved characters bastilla and carth and the crew please i think it be great if there was a another threat out there for the crew to deal with i really loved KOTOR and i keep playing iot threw over and over and i would love to see a sequel to kotor once again

Originally posted by kookaburra

i thought i post my thoughtsd here and say please make sequel to KOTOR with out beloved characters bastilla and carth and the crew please i think it be great if there was a another threat out there for the crew to deal with i really loved KOTOR and i keep playing iot threw over and over and i would love to see a sequel to kotor once again

:D i think your right. the sequel just wouldn't be the same without the original characters!

OK ! who ever is going to make KOTOR 2 ,you have to have Bastilla and Carth and Juhani and Canderous and Mission and Zaalbar and the droids again make them have a nother adventure together and dont forget you are apart of the crew to it has to be done!!! please make us have another wounderful adventure

Originally posted by kookaburra

OK ! who ever is going to make KOTOR 2 ,you have to have Bastilla and Carth and Juhani and Canderous and Mission and Zaalbar and the droids again make them have a nother adventure together and dont forget you are apart of the crew to it has to be done!!! please make us have another wounderful adventure

If there is KotOR2 I dealt it will be with the old characters, it would most probably be at a different time.

UK Magazine X Box World has this story:

Senior American sources have confirmed that Bioware has green-lighted Knights of the Old Republic 2, sequel to the world-buggering smash RPG, and has farmed the game out to role-playing overlords, Obsidian Entertainment...

First details of KOTOR 2 tell that the game will be set long after the events of the first title, and will include a completely new cast of characters. The STUNNING news that Bioware has left development of the new title in the hands of Obsidian will raise the eyebrows of the faithful, but the Californian developer is backed by staff members who've worked on the biggest rpgs in the business... KOTOR 2 is in safe hands.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm really hoping they make more cool looking mandalorians. and you can have more characters to play as. like a yoda race or something. i currently own the PC version. and i am very pleased with my product. i do not own a x-box. but if part 2 comes out for x-box only, i see no alternative but to buy an x-box.

i think it would be cool to play different roles in the next story. what i mean is you can start off as a sith trooper, or bounty hunter and then get the option later to learn to be a sith. or choose to stay a what you are or upgrade to something else, or be persuaded to join the good guys or bad which ever.

same thing with good guys too maybe start off as a republic commando, or republic soldier or something.

i can do without the above, but a main factor that i kinda demand is that we get more customization in the character section. what if we wanna be some alien race or something. pick from a different bunch of heads, torsos like what the jedi academy has.

here is a whole section about everything that had to do about the old republic, including pictures from the comic books. http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/kotor.html

and this is the main directory of all star wars chapters. http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/lobby.html

if kotor II were based around the initial kotor there would be too many bugs! what if it focuses on a character that optional like juhani?? what if someone dies at the end?

what if you dont have a saved game of kotor for it to read from? you would have to therefore play through and complete kotor before going on to number 2!

besides, creating new characters with hopefully more flexibility(species, clothing etc.) thus making it a better experience!

if it were an expansion it would make sense keeping the same characters, but its a whole new game!!

i do hope these rumors are more than just that :D

well to be honest i love the game i was hooked on it. but i still would rather request having to play as an alien race first, that or be able to add a scarr on my characters face or a patch on his eye or something lol. more customizations is the main thing. to be able to pick out different heads and clothing at first.

actually i would like to play as a bounty hunter lol.

I think it would be kool for there next game..instead of starting out as you do in kotor 1 u should get the option of playing either as a sith or republic and each side has and almost totally different story line..also the option to defect might be kool..there really a lot there can still be done with this sorta rpg..i hope there next game is great as this one:D

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by pimp juice

:D i think your right. the sequel just wouldn't be the same without the original characters!

I agree. I just want to find out what happens between Bastilla and Revan.

Well they can at least talk a little bit about what happened in Kotor1 in Kotor2.

i dont think they will talk about kotor 1 in kotor 2 b/c kotor 1 was too open ended to have a definate diologue. you would have to pick an ending of kotor 1 when you start kotor2 and i dont think the developers would script that many different diologue posibilities. just an opinion. it all depends on how long the time is between the 2 games. a lot of questions will hopefully be answered in april or at E3!:D

Archived