Home

Sequel? *possible spoilers*

TK-8252

Although it is a bit early, :D do you think there will be a sequel for Jedi Academy? I mean, the Light side ending doesn't leave much room to continue or create a new story on it's own, but the Dark side ending left much to be desired.

When you see Jaden now in control of the Imperial Remnant with the Imperials now serving you, (Except for that poor chap who stood up against Jaden :( )

it kind of implies that something BIG will be happening. I like the idea of

commanding the Imperial Remnant and fighting the Republic scum.

So maybe there could be a sequel where you choose when you create a new game if you want to continue the Light side path or the Dark side path.

I somehow doubt that. So far the dark endings always were ignored and not continued (JK 1 and 2).

And even if they do I am pretty sure you will start as Kyles new apprentice and help him to hunt down Jaden. There is just no way to start the game as Jedi Knight or even Master (no room for progress). Has always been this way and I assure you that in JK 4 you will start as newbie again.

I see no reason they can't start you at a higher force level....I think their problem is they can't think of anything for the higher levels besides more badguys to slash.

I know I won't be buying an expansion until its been released, I was very very disappoitned with just about everything to do with jedi academy.

Edit: er, none of us will buy an expansion till its released. What I meant to say was that I won't buy an expansion until its been released and I can read reviews and such on it....real reviews, not the "gimme a free game" gamespot crap.

I just assumed that...

JK3 would follow on from the dark side ending of Academy - after you leave Kyle for dead under the pile of rubble, he asks Luke to give him a leave of absence from the Academy. I presume that the next Jedi Knight game with Kyle as the central character would portray his efforts to turn Jaden back to the Light... I think that Jaden's role as a PC culminates in his/her fall to the darkside and destroying Tavion. The next game, with Kyle as the main character again, would have a far heavier Sith involvement, perhaps - Jaden still has the Staff of Marka Ragnos, after all. evillol

:mauls:

I'd prefer to play as Jaden, and have Kyle and the New Republic hunting you down. Maybe the Galactic Empire could be reborn and kind of start over with the Empire controling the universe with little pockets of rebel resistance like in A New Hope. (which is my all-time favorite movie) :p

Originally posted by Hand of Thrawn

I just assumed that...

JK3 would follow on from the dark side ending of Academy - after you leave Kyle for dead under the pile of rubble, he asks Luke to give him a leave of absence from the Academy. I presume that the next Jedi Knight game with Kyle as the central character would portray his efforts to turn Jaden back to the Light... I think that Jaden's role as a PC culminates in his/her fall to the darkside and destroying Tavion. The next game, with Kyle as the main character again, would have a far heavier Sith involvement, perhaps - Jaden still has the Staff of Marka Ragnos, after all. evillol

This seems like the best way to approach a sequel, I hope though this games takes years to create on a new engine with lots of new improvements not the enhancements JA had over JO.

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

I'd prefer to play as Jaden, and have Kyle and the New Republic hunting you down...

I'm not quite sure how you'd get this to work, but it would be interesting to have a situation where you played both Jaden and Kyle within any sequel...

Perhaps alternating levels, as Kyle pursues Jaden, trying to turn her (my good Jaden was male, my evil Jaden female) back or Jaden trying to convince Kyle to join her in the darkness... It would be an interesting experience, but I guess that there might be problems getting the players to become attached enough to the characters to make it a playable experience.

Alternatively, it could be set up so that there were effectively two seperate story arcs - one from each persepective, each building tension by running through similar levels and allowing glimpses of the quarry, culminating in a suitably epic confrontation between Kyle and Jaden, allowing for further Light/Dark side endings - Perhaps Jaden (as the player) turned back to the Light, or Jaden casting Kyle down and destroying the feeble Jedi of the Academy with her darkside fuelled powers; or Kyle (as the player) defeating Jaden and bringing her back to the Academy, or falling to the darkside himself? Perhaps Kyle should sacrifice himself in a poignant and evocative manner to bring about the salvation of his lost apprentice. This would be Jedi Knight 3, after all, and needs a suitable climax to bring the story arc to a close.

As an aside, you'd also have to be able to setup Jaden's race/sex so that you could effectively pick up where you left off.

But whatever happens, and as much fun as it might be, I don't think it very likely that Jaden will resume her role as a PC (sadly).

Originally posted by The Count

This seems like the best way to approach a sequel, I hope though this games takes years to create on a new engine with lots of new improvements not the enhancements JA had over JO.

Well, Raven said that Jedi Academy was more than likely the LAST Jedi Knight game that they would make on the Q3TA Engine, so who knows if they will make a standalone sequel, expansion or what, although it'd have to be a standalone unless they can get compatibility between engines, which I dont see happening due to so many different things.

I'm hoping for a sequel that comes out in the next few years; giving the editing community the chance to get everything possible out of Jedi Academy and really milk it like they did Jedi Knight. It has to be a new engine, new game and most importantly the return of Kyle Katarn as the main character. It should be called Jedi Knight 3!

If you had Jaden in a sequel, what would he/she look like?

If you were playing AS Jaden, you might chose the look yourself.

But think about it, it would be a pretty weird start to a game. Your starting character would be some bad a$$ dark Jedi with a super staff, your own army of remnant troops and great force powers already!

If you were kyle you'd be like that(already good force powers)

I'd like to start as Jaden's dark apprentice. :)

And perhaps instead of being tempted by the dark side(as in this game) you are made guilty by the good side, and have the choice to turn good again.

:)

Wrong

Desann IS VERY POWERFUL.

If he was the one who got the Scepter Of Ragnos, he would be invincible both story and game wise. He would have (assuming he could have survived the encounte with Kyle in JK)

His own darkside uber powers

Valley of the Jedi powers

Jedi Academy energy stream thingy powers

Staff of Ragons

Then he would actually do something smart and absorb all the power in the staff that he could sustain and, well, KICK ASS!!!

Jaden is good skill wise, but in raw power desann is SUPERIOR, EVEN if jaden has the staff.

Perhaps when you choose a new game, you should be able to choose "light side" or "dark side".

If you choose "light side", then you could, as Hand of Thrawn said, to play as kyle; having him as the main character and pursuing Jaden.

If you choose "dark side", then perhaps you could play as Jaden and wreak havoc on the Rebel alliance and the Jedi, even leading an assault on the academy itself, just like Desann.

This would take a lot of hard work work, but think about it; two games in one :D .

This could really be an improvement on the series.

Finally, one thing I really want for the next Jedi Knight game is CO-OP. So perhaps this could be where:

For the light side: 1 player is Kyle, 1 is Luke or Rosh

For the dark side: 1 player is Jaden, 1 is Jadens apprentice or even Boba fett. That would be cool. :D

nah man, just /devmap <single player map name> and then spawn some npcs here and there and voila

but seriously... you're right, my idea is the same and it works, but the mission ****s up (me and my friend killed Alora on Hoth, and after we won, instead of loading a new map, the game chrashed...)

Originally posted by Master William

nah man, just /devmap <single player map name> and then spawn some npcs here and there and voila

but seriously... you're right, my idea is the same and it works, but the mission ****s up (me and my friend killed Alora on Hoth, and after we won, instead of loading a new map, the game chrashed...)

Perhaps if it was properly made, no crashes or bugs, and if the bosses were a little harder. And the *player 2* should have lines in the cutscenes.

I for one would like a game where you start out as a fully fledged knight, makes you know what it must be like to be someone like Qui-Gon ^.^ So if they make a sequel , probably on a new engine, they could try and make it slightly backward compatible in that it lets you start out with the powers, saber(s) and look that "Jaden" had towards the end of JA and go from there ^.^

(That or a game where you'd learn at the original Jedi Temple on Coruscant about 60 years before TPM or something like that, but I already mentioned that thought in another topic)

i think the good ending was much better ...the dark ending was so classsic yeah like we havent seen that before, and i would like raven to come up with something new instead of continue on the dark ending! its better to continue on the good end. and make jk4 from the Yu shan Vong!! that would be awesome

and Yu shan vong are a spices that omes from another galaxy and they have concured many systems and are in the sw galaxy and so on its really cool story´!!

EDIT: yeah and they hate jedis and sith!! ;) maybe you could choose from jedi or a sith :D

Personally I despise the Vong XD That and a game with the Vong wouldn't sell well simply because it'd only sell to people who both read and liked the NJO, and have an interest in that particular type of game. And we'd have to fast forward a good set of years from JA to get there.

Anywho, I hope that a NJO era game never comes XD stupid overpowered species undoing everything the heroes of Yavin have fought for for over 20 years.

Desann can't be that powerful.

He went through the valley, but got his ass handed to him by Kyle.

Kyle then gets his ass handed to him by Jaden, who has never been through the valley.

And don't forget that Jaden is special......he made that light sabre for starters.

And he might have gone through the valley himself, whilst he was there.

Hey, I wonder if he could absorb the force power from the whole valley into the sceptre?

Oh, and I hate the idea of the vong too. It's just a "well, our characters are totally owning and have finally make the galaxy safe. Damn, there's no new stories from this. I know! Let's make a new really uber enemy"

And they are 'outside of the force' so the jedi get 0wned by them.

In the current games a jedi can go through a level killing dozens of storm troopers and dark jedi.

Against the vong he'd die against his first opponent because he'd be infected with engineered diseases.

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

There better be a sequel, the dark side ending is great and leaves lots of opportunity for that, the light side doesn't and i think if they can't come up with a story line for that there is no hope.

That's exactly what I thought. The light ending is the traditional "I'm gonna go save the world and everything will be nice" ending, but the Dark side ending isn't even an ending. It needs to continue....

Archived