Home

Inverted saber style?

D8alus

Does anyone think it'd be possible to mod a new saber style using the staff and dual animations but with a single or dual saber style and inverted grip?

This is WAAAAAAY over my head in the modding department, but it'd be sweet as hell

Well, in SP you can use the setforceall 3 command to get all stances while using a single saber, then you would have acces to the light staff stance, kind of looks cool (most boss characters use it I think) if someone can make all stance selectable with single saber in mp then there you have it. I tried doing the simple way....I got a twin saber style one with normal grip and the other reversed but the results weren't that good I keap cutting my self....but if I can animate the saber attacks then its all possible

Originally posted by Wudan

It'd be best with new animations.

Speaking for myself, the "wait for somebody else to do it" excuse doesn't fly really well - what a lazy attitude.

Shame on you.

Do not confuse laziness with ignorance. If I KNEW how to do it, I'd be working on it, trust me....but this stuff is so far over my head it's not funny.

You're a human, not a rock. We can learn, rocks can't.

If you can conceive it, and you can beleive it, you can achieve it.

Of course, I think somebody else will eventually do it :) So don't lose sleep over it - just be the best person you can be, ok? The world needs more people to be their best :)

Originally posted by Wudan

You're a human, not a rock. We can learn, rocks can't.

If you can conceive it, and you can beleive it, you can achieve it.

Of course, I think somebody else will eventually do it :) So don't lose sleep over it - just be the best person you can be, ok? The world needs more people to be their best :)

Well, I can't exactly pull the knowledge out of my ass :rolleyes:

Besides, animation is waaaay beyond me...I don't even have a hint of a clue of how it works...and I want something good, not some dinky, first time, stinks cuz I did it myself mod :p

Odd, just a minute ago I saw a guy with double bladed saber. One side was lit, but he was holding it like a normal staff (just with one side lighted though). I asked him how he did it and he said "BYE BYE," and left, so I didn't see him attack :(

I assume it's some sort of bug?

The Kensai hilt pack from sotgclan.us has a saber staff that does that... You turn off one blade but you continue using it as if it were still a staff. I dunno how they made it, but I've taken to using it when I can now, just because it DOES look pretty cool.

But it's definitely not advantagious to use it. Actually, it's a bit more difficult to use it like that. Since the staff style was designed to take advantage of TWO blades and not one, it's hard to hit with it. Usually you just have to keep whoever you're fighting on your left side... I find that I lose more often when using it this way.

But I still want a saber that uses 2 bladed normal staff style, the weird single bladed staff style, AND a regular single-medium style :p

It's pretty easy to do, actually. Just edit the staff's .sab file, either find or add the line 'singleBladeStyle', and set it to staff. The reason the Kensai staves do that is because the author put 'heavy' instead of 'strong'(red stance) on that line. Since the game doesn't recognize 'heavy', it just defaults to staff.

Archived