Home

Christmas Gifts

Katarn07

OK, it's October, but this is when that FAO Catalogue arrives and you usually point out: I want this, need that, and can't go on in life without one of these....

Well, this year's sucked. The only SW stuff I saw was the AotC chess set, Jabba's Palace Lego Playset, and the new MR F/X Lightsabers.

I got what I want for Christmas planned though, so post here as you add to that list ;)

Mine:

Collecting

AotC Chess set

(oh, more is to come. These usually come from my parents seeing they cost more. I'll flip through a Brian's and pick out some old stuff I may need like Endor playset if nothing new comes)

non-Collecting

Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD

Matrix DVD

Matrix Reloaded DVD

LotR: Fellowship of the Ring DVD

LotR: The Two Towers DVD

(3 sisters each with 50 some dollars for each person, one gets the Indy set, another the two Matrix films, and the third the LotR ones :D)

I'll add onto the list as I find more stuff and may end up replacing others. I don't have enough money to get all those DVDs and video games and books I may have my eye on. (Jedi Academy XBOX, GTA: Vice City XBOX, NEW Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Jedi Shadow, Jedi Sunrise.... So overwhelming!)

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

1) Money

2) Money

3) Money

4) Money

5) Money

oh and, Money.

I've discovered that I get more for just plain money, and then I just go out and buy them :p

I know you got a sister, but I got 3. I dunno how that'd work out in gift/ cash quantities.

I find when you get cash as a gift, you actually get more through gift form. I'd get 200 through cash, but you see, if I get it through collectibles, it could be up to 300 :eek: That's because my dad wants the stuff too and uses the holiday to stock up since my mom hates my room and basement :D

And, Z? Wait for the XBOX 2 if you get 1000 dollars ;)

Originally posted by Katarn07

I know you got a sister, but I got 3. I dunno how that'd work out in gift/ cash quantities.

I find when you get cash as a gift, you actually get more through gift form. I'd get 200 through cash, but you see, if I get it through collectibles, it could be up to 300 :eek: That's because my dad wants the stuff too and uses the holiday to stock up since my mom hates my room and basement :D

And, Z? Wait for the XBOX 2 if you get 1000 dollars ;)

The only way I'll get 1000 bucks is if I save up for 2 years, and for me, thats impossible :p

I could get an XBox, seeing as there isn't much else that I really want.... But I'll probably get more games for the cube and PC isntead... I dunno. Andrew will probably get an XBox, so I think I won't. ;)

Originally posted by daring dueler

i know im getting alot of star wars stuff, and i am gonna get another master replica f/x, probly luke jedi for 140$

im gonna buy an xbox later......

and as for other stuff, probly the new essential ti vessels, and a fee cd's , and movies, matrix ect...

Yeh, October 18 is when Reloaded comes to DVD. If I don't have it before Chrostmas, well.... you know.... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Star Wars gifts for Christmas. Hmm, I remember that I have got two books, one Jabbas Palace booster and game : Star Wars Episode I : The Phantom Menace. On this Christmas I want to get Tropico 2 and probably something with Star Wars example - books or booster.

OK, as you may or may not know, I got the Indy Trilogy the day it came out and am gonna finish it off today with Last Crusade and the making of it.

That means I can add 007: Everything or Nothing and Jedi Academy to my list.

Now, onto SW:

Red ARC Trooper if one is not found in the store.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I thought we had a thread for this year. Oh well, here's my Xmas list for this year. Post yours:

Collecting-

Star Wars Minis Rebel Storm Boosters

Star Wars Minis Clone Strike Fringe Singles

Stewie Action Figure

Games (XBOX)-

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Halo (maybe)

Halo 2 (maybe)

(GBA)

Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis

Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls

DVDs-

Seinfeld Volume 1 & 2

LotR Trilogy Extended Editions (never got any LotR movie last year in any shape of form :confused: )

Bourne Identity (maybe)

Bourne Supremacy (maybe)

Probably will get the Halo games and Bourne movies if I can't find enough GBA games I want. I really would prefer some RPGs of some sort (the newest red Pokemon, Zelda, Golden Sun, etc)

I already bought al my Christmas stuff:

The whole Convention thread for collecting

MUSIC:

Aerosmith (Got already)

Aerosmith - You Gotta Move DVD (Bought, saving til Christmas day)

AC/DC - High Voltage (Got)

AC/DC - If You Want Blood (Bought today, saving til Christmas day)

Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction (Got)

Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I (Want)

Guns 'N' Roses - Spaghetti Incident? (Want)

AC/DC - Highway to Hell (Want)

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Want)

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock (Want)

Van Halen (Want)

GAMES:

Tony Hawl Underground II (Bought today, saving til Christmas day)

Metroid Prime II: Echoes (Bought today, saving til Christmas day)

Halo for PC (Want)

True Streets OF LA (Saw it for 20 dollars, might get it)

I only have 80 dollars left, so thats where I have a problem. Any ideas for what I should buy?

Actually, gotta buy my mom something still.

Gifts to buy for people? I always get something I know they and I will both enjoy.

I know this is a bit off topic, but what the hell.

Dad - Dr. No and Goldfinger DVDs (Thunderball was way too much :()

Mom - nothing yet, probably will get her some Beatles or Simon and Garfunkel CDs

Oldest Sister - Spider Man 2

Other Older Sister - That new Nirvana Boxset

Little Sister - Old School ports for the GBA (Mario and Donkey Kong Country games)

I asked for a bunch of random stuff, including those vintage SW figures that are seemingly impossible to find. I have a Obi-Wan figure and a Darth Vader figure, both of which are missing limbs/ a head (in Vaders case :( ). I've also had to replace the original sabers with colored toothpicks, which (IMO) work much better.;)

Originally posted by Katarn07

OK, it's October, but this is when that FAO Catalogue arrives and you usually point out: I want this, need that, and can't go on in life without one of these....

Well, this year's sucked. The only SW stuff I saw was the AotC chess set, Jabba's Palace Lego Playset, and the new MR F/X Lightsabers.

I got what I want for Christmas planned though, so post here as you add to that list ;)

Mine:

Collecting

AotC Chess set

(oh, more is to come. These usually come from my parents seeing they cost more. I'll flip through a Brian's and pick out some old stuff I may need like Endor playset if nothing new comes)

non-Collecting

Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD

Matrix DVD

Matrix Reloaded DVD

LotR: Fellowship of the Ring DVD

LotR: The Two Towers DVD

(3 sisters each with 50 some dollars for each person, one gets the Indy set, another the two Matrix films, and the third the LotR ones :D)

I'll add onto the list as I find more stuff and may end up replacing others. I don't have enough money to get all those DVDs and video games and books I may have my eye on. (Jedi Academy XBOX, GTA: Vice City XBOX, NEW Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Jedi Shadow, Jedi Sunrise.... So overwhelming!)

Sorry, it is December!:p

Archived