Home

NJO: The Final Prophecy (SPOILERS ALLOWED)

wassup

So did anyone pick this up yet? I just finished it tonight and it was a very satisfying book in all aspects except plot. Lots of action, death, betrayal...some really cool stuff. I'm just a little worried about how the final hardcover, the Unifying Force, will be able to cover so much unresolved plotlines. Sheesh, half the galaxy still belongs to the Vong, there can't be enough room in one book to take it all back. Hmm, I predict the last book will be just solving the main plotline and how the NR dealt the crushing blow that eventually proved the downfall of the Vong (like in ROTJ). Maybe some future e-books and novels can cover the aftermath (rebuilding the galaxy and its planets, Jag-Jaina and Jacen-Danni relationships, etc.).

I'll post the important parts of the plot:

-NR forces commanded by Wedge and Bel Ibis take back Fondor, they estimate that new ships can be produced in the shipyards there within 6 months.

-Nen Yim, Harhar, and Nom Anor (The Prophet) all reach Zonama Sekot with the help of Corran Horn and Tahiri. After extensive study, Nen Yim discovers there is a connection between the planet and the Yuuzhan Vong, a revelation that may bring about either the destruction or salvation of the Vong.

-Nen Yim and Harhar die at the hands of Nom Anor

-Zonama Sekot's hyperspace drive is infected with a "virus" by Nom Anor and malfunctions, causing it to make a blind hyperspace jump. Sekot loses control of the planet for awhile, but is slowing regaining it, though it cannot stop the unplanned hyperspace jump nor predict where they will end up.

-Corran Horn becomes Tahiri's "unofficial" Master.

-Luke, Mara, Jacen, Saba, Tekli, Corran, Tahiri are stuck on Zonama Sekot

-The Vong develop a new weapon which shuts down the HoloNet, a vital source of communication in the NR. Lando is already hard at work trying to counteract this new weapon so the NR will buy it :p.

-Everything is set up that points at a final attack on Coruscant/Yuzhann'tar in the final book.

"Harhar" that got a laugh out of me :p "Harrar" close though ;)

I thought it was a pretty good book. i just wish they'd answer some questions and fill in plots...

Ever since Traitor and Force Heretic I've speculated on wether or not Sekot was a duhryam (I cannot spell it off the top of my head, but you should know. that thing Jacen was about to kill in Traitor. The D word.) and it evolved or something. We'll see ihow my speculations come out.

And for the record, I hate the Danni/Jecen relationship. It's Jacen and Tenel Ka dammit

SWP that is a good theory, but I think the dhuryams the YV have now (like the one of Yuzhann'tar) aren't complex and intricate enough to control a entire planet. I mean, the dhuryam supervises everything going on with the planet, but the really important stuff is still left to the YV shaper class to control. I think perhaps Sekot could be some kind of super-dhuryam that somehow evolved and gained more insight and self-awareness of itself and the world, and thus took complete control of the world known as Zonama Sekot and over time the physical and spiritual parts of the planet infused into one, with the enhanced dhuryam acting as the "brain" or "conscience" of the planet. Then somehow it journeyed to the GFFA, probably using incredibly strong dovin basals or the like.

Hehe, just building up on your theory. :D

PS: Its stated in the New Essential Guide to Characters that Jacen didn't really develop the "more-than-friends" relationship he had hoped for with Tenel, despite all of his best efforts. :naughty: Probably just an excuse to convince and woo readers to the Danni-Jacen relationship.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive just finished reading TFP today, whilst in line for Radiohead tix ! I quite liked it. I like Corran Horn, cool character(loved I,Jedi).

Couple of good plot twists to keep things interesting, sets up things nicely for TUF !

Any NJO fan will enjoy iy for sure, I'd say !! Wouldya believe they didnt even release it here in Oz. Got it at an importer(Good old Minotaur down in Melb - hi to all the Aussies out there !)

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Lord Siraious

:cry6: I want TFP and TUF but I cant find them anywhere, Maybe I have to ask my Uni bookstore nicely to get them now!!!!!!

HI Siraious - I see you are a fellow Aussie ! Want to know something funny ! TFP is only available through order in Oz. But TUF is already on the shelves...

I went to Minotaur melbourne and they were out of stock of TUF !! I actually went to Angus & Robertson(greensborough) with the intention of ordering it, and they had it in !

so yeah, just go you local A&R, collins, or dymocks, they're pretty good at ordering stuff

Its bedtime, now = reading time....

*opens page 1*

see y'all after 520 or so pages....

MTFBWYA

• 3 weeks later...

Archived