Home

speeder bike and STAP vehicles

Duncan_10158

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

InsaneSith, how did you get the Anakin Skywalker saber to work with it's textures normal, because i have got it in game, just it's textures are messed up, the same goes for the Dooku saber ??

Sorry to go off topic, nice vehicles BTW can't wait to use them ;)

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

InsaneSith, i just tried your settings, but i cant see any difference. what should mouseYaw and turnWhenStopped change?

Hi t3rr0r, nice to see you again. good idea with the flying STAP, i gone have a try if it works. i will set gravity to 0 and see what happens.

it makes for a much eaiser turn where as you just had it set with a faster turn. oh i also went and rasied the armor. i forgot to mention that, orginally you had it at 800 instead of the normal 2000. :) .

and remember the smallest, least notable changes, are always the most effective ;)

ok, i see its not only faster turning, it has also a better tracking, good. about the Armor, in my original i have a armor of 80, not 800. so to set it to 2000 make it 50 times longer to destroy? and what mean malfunctionArmorLevel? you set it form 20 to 2000 too. i think 5 times tougher should be good, isnt it?

i also fixed the bug with the STAP, while turning the driver had a slitly different center of inclination so that his feet were not always in the right place. now its correct :)

and Tesla, i am not one of those >this belongs there, not here<, so every question is welcome. but i have no idea how InsaneSith made that :) so InsaneSith i would like to know that too.

so i made a partly new skin for the speeder_bike, brown like requested. added also engine glow shaders. but i have no idea how to make the shader for a metalic or rusty look. if somebody knows about that, could you give me some hint. i havent found no helping tutorial on that, does somebody know one?

one problem when driving a stap, the laser is shoting strait so the chance to hit someone is zero, cause its shoting much to high. if we make the aiming like it is in a ATST, strait horizontaly but you can aim in the vertical a bit. that would make much more sence. i havent found the parameter for that to enable. does somebody know it?

and nearly forgot it, should i sent the new version to you testers again, so we are all on the same again?

i know the parameter lemme dig it up.

also uhmm how do you make a shader i could make a rust look i just don't know how to make shaders >_<~

ATST_vehicle

{

name ATST_vehicle

type VH_WALKER

numHands 2

hideRider 1

killRiderOnDeath 1

lookYaw 45

lookPitch 45

mouseYaw 0.05

mousePitch 0.01

the pitch is the up and down. so naturally we need to set that. my main concern is people crashing into the ground.

now I'd like to keep it easy to look around and aim but also if it is too easy then it'd make crashing more likely. I'd like it to stay rather easy to do things.... maybe I'll find more while digging through settings. :)

That's a good idea Duncan. An up-to-date file would be appreciated. I've been tinkling in the .veh files. IMO The center of gravity is good as it is. I agree with the reverse part. (I changed that for the swoop as well some time ago) I don't know how to fix the firing angle. This way lasers are purely for looks.

i just sent the newest versions to the testers, you should have it in your mailbox now :) i think its pritty close to release version.

the lookPitch and mousePitch does not affect firing direction, at least not in my changed version. does it work in someones game? and it is also not the sence that you can fly up in the are with a swoop or a bike or crash on the other side. so we need to let that idea fall, what you think?

one more point, what about additional skins? should these two vehicles have more the one skin? and waht skins would look good?

if we dont have any new revolutionary ideas or we strongly disagree to some leatest changes, i think we are ready to release it. (and i will go to my next topic, droideka)

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

i just sent the newest versions to the testers, you should have it in your mailbox now :) i think its pritty close to release version.

the lookPitch and mousePitch does not affect firing direction, at least not in my changed version. does it work in someones game? and it is also not the sence that you can fly up in the are with a swoop or a bike or crash on the other side. so we need to let that idea fall, what you think?

one more point, what about additional skins? should these two vehicles have more the one skin? and waht skins would look good?

if we dont have any new revolutionary ideas or we strongly disagree to some leatest changes, i think we are ready to release it. (and i will go to my next topic, droideka)

it seems that in order for the pitch to work the gun has to be movable like the atst's head. :(

Hi Duncan,

Just adding my ten cents here as well. ;)

As I mentioned in the other thread - I can post you my Stap model to see if you can get it to work properly. I suspect it's probably a part of the export process although my .glm file shows up fine in ModView.

Are you using 3DSmax or Softimage at all?

I think the biggest problem will be to add animations to the player characters so they sit properly on the new vehicles.

Don't forget, you can add those little 'damage indicator' graphics to the HUD (Noticeable on things like the X-Wing)

Monsoontide.

P.S. As an aside - anyone tried spawning the yt-1300! if you do you'll get an invisible falcon (cos there's no yt-1300 vehicle model in the models/players folder) and when you get in it will crash JK:JA!) :eek:

Originally posted by InsaneSith

it seems that in order for the pitch to work the gun has to be movable like the atst's head. :(

no its not the movable head or something like that. i tried to change the type VH_WALKER. it worked somehow. now it was possible to aim vertiacly, but the moving changed completly. the stap was bumping up and down the hole time and der driver had a wrong possition. so the aiming has something to do with the vehicle type. thats probably a coding thing.

monsoontide, ok i will have a try to put your model in game. you can sent it me to this email. i am using 3ds max, so sent me your file in 3ds and glm formats. perhaps i need to reexport it.

about the drivers animation, i dont think that is possible. we have to stik to the drivers possitions that are in game. i made my models so, that they fit >under< those sitting drivers. adding new driver animations would need adding it to the _humanoid.gla file and changing some code. thats not possible yet.

and to add those damage indicators, that would need to change the vehicle type. i tried it just once, we still need to learn more about that.

O.K. Duncan, will send it your way this evening after I get home from work.

If you can get it to work, we can go from there

(Since I have at this point 6 vehicles nearly modeled(m) & textured(t):

sith speeder :mauls: 100% m 75% t

stap 100% m 90% t

speeder bike 95% m 75% t

anakins speeder :wan: 30% m

dewback 90% m 70% t

acklay 95% m 85% t).

If we can get this working together, i might do a Reek :jfett: as well!

Will send you:

.md3

.3ds

texture

Anything else you need to make your life easier?

.skin file

.veh file

.npc

etc

As far as the rider positions go, it reminds me of the old speeder bike toy where the scouts legs didn't bend so he wasn't really sitting on it properly.

I think I will keep my models acurate and have the riders look funny ;-)

Monsoontide

Originally posted by monsoontide

Anything else you need to make your life easier?

.skin file

.veh file

.npc

etc

sure, if you already wrote them, it would make my life easier :)

and the rider positions, i made quite a bit of changings on to models so the driver better fit in. so its a good alternativ if you keep close the originals alltough you skins look realy realistic compeard to mine :(

Hey Duncan, I noticed you used my "Obi Sith variant" in one of your screenshots ;) Thanks for the publicity!

Hey the reason I'm making a post here, is I need some help. I am working on putting both Zam, and Anakin's speeder in the game. I need a base file to work off (with tags, bones and whatever else). I actually have the Zam model ready, but I dont have a base file to referance. I need a 3Ds, Max file, or maybe .Xsi. I would like to get a little advice here and there, but nothing that would tie up the time you have invested in this project. Please write me... neomarz1@sbcglobal.net ( I hope I hear from you). By the way, if you need skin tweaks, I'm your man. Sincerely, Mars

NeoMarz1, there is a >JA models and skinmap< pack releasd by raven, there is a swoop in XSI frmat in it, the reference you request. if you have any other questions, go ahead, we all are learning here.

and about the skins, i could realy need some help, specialy about the shaders. i dont even know wahts possible, how could i let something look metalic? and so on.

Archived