Home

speeder bike and STAP vehicles

Duncan_10158

Why Raven can't supply a workable skeleton/animator/compiler for jsut 3DSmax is beyond me. It would make doing things soooooo much easier than this whole model/weight in 3DSmax and animate in XSi thing.

Hell! I use Lightwave 7.5 & Milkshape so I'm out in the cold a bit - it's a real pain in the arse to get this stuff to work in the game once I've built it! Grrrr. (Just venting some frustration).

-Sigh-

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been a lil busy lately but I tested the vehicles as much as possible. I've created new handling coz InsaneSith's was just too "sensitive" for my taste. I'm satisfied with the way i have it now.

The STAP laser-- well I couldn't fix it:((But if you aim properly you're able to shood the rider from a vehicle)

I agree Duncan it's time to release these babies upon the world lol

That's good that Wudan is working on something - What programs will it support - What I mean (And am trying to say here really) is will it allow you to create a JK compatible animation file from 3DSmax or similar - Lightwave or milkshape support Please :p

I just want to be able to do it all in one app - since all these 3D apps have the ability to model/weight/texture/animate, it just seems silly to be hopping back and forth between them!

(What this means is "I'm stuck and can't make any headway by myself which frustrates the hell outta me 'cos I want to get these vehicles done!") :D

Which reminds me I also have another vehicle in the works :ewok:

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

NeoMarz1, sure i can sent you an other format version of the swoop. but i use 3ds max 4.2, so i could sent it you as max file if

you want.

about the skins, i can sent you the skinmaps of my models, its much easier to skin out of them. if you gone make a skin, we can bring it out as an alone standing version, if you agree.

Well, I finally got a new xsi patch. I may be fine for now... If I need more help, I'll mail you. Mars out

ok, i uploaded the models, everyone can get them now. here are the links the models on my site:

http://io.meskinaw.net/data/stap_dun04.zip

http://io.meskinaw.net/data/speeder_bike_dun03.zip

i submitted the files also to jk2files.com, but it can take some time till they load it up, you know. where else should i sent it?

Emon, sorry if i was bit too sarcastic, but here around i hear so much that something is possible and finaly nobody does it because its too difficult. this glamerge tool is realy a grear thing, but the problem is the big _humanoid.gla file. if i want to make a mod with new player animation then i need to add the hole file to my mod. that makes it big size and i can not add use an animation from somebody else. it would always need somebody that put all the things together, you know, it need some kind of central organisation to bring good mod ideas together. on the other side, most things that are made now are some kind of components, i can simply put the pk3s in my base folder and it works. the quake arena engine is made that way, but jo/ja made one exception to this, the animation, cause it is generaly for all players and it contains thousends of sequenses.

this hugh animation file is also the reason why its so difficult to mod, weighting, exporting, assimilate and all that. but without there couldnt be the saber fights.

CraZy_B, yeah, the shot direction is probably a coding thing. but i think we will be abel to fix that as soon the JA SDK is out :)

the skins NeoMarz made for the stap and speeder bike are realy great. i made a misstake with the stap skinmap, so NeoMarz was so kind to do his skin for that again. i hope to release these reskined versions soon.

btw, is jk2files.com still in work? nothing happend there for five days. did they stop uploading files or is everyone on hollydays?

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

the skins NeoMarz made for the stap and speeder bike are realy great. i made a misstake with the stap skinmap, so NeoMarz was so kind to do his skin for that again. i hope to release these reskined versions soon.

btw, is jk2files.com still in work? nothing happend there for five days. did they stop uploading files or is everyone on hollydays?

Thats would suck if JK2files turned out like JediKnightII.com, and became a frozen site :( That would really be a big bummer, Probably they are taking some time off. Either that or they are working on plans to include JA in thier format a little better. Mars out

Archived