Home

speeder bike and STAP vehicles

Duncan_10158

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Duncan,

Just checking in to see if you recieved the e-mail with my STAP :bdroid2:

Nearly have the speeder bike finished as I redid all the UV maps as I found some great reference pix on the net that I've been able to use to help finish off some of the more obscure parts of the model.

Monsoontide

P.S. Will post updated pix when I can.

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

Hey Duncan, I noticed you used my "Obi Sith variant" in one of your screenshots ;) Thanks for the publicity!

that was my screenie :p.

Anyways if you need help with your vehicles Monsoon I could help a bit.

I'm going to mess around with the .veh files some more duncan see if i can make it anybetter :p

Can always use as much help as possible when doing this sort of thing - as one can imagine, you can't do it all by yourself (At least in any sort of manageable time-frame :sweating: )

Where can I send you the file?

Monsoontide

To Mace-Sundancer - are you not playing Jedi Academy?! Vehicles now come as standard features in several SP & MP levels/maps. :D

monsoontide, i got your model and tried to bild it up like my own one. i brought it in game but it crashed. i am not absolutly sure, but i think ist not a problem of the .veh, .npc or any constraction thing. i think the model is missing an animation file, even if its empty, like the one for my vehicles. monsoontide, i sent you a mail with a more detailed report.

on the other side i can make assimilation thing to the glm and gla files for you, but our work will get quite complicated.

and back to my own STAP and speeder bike.

Hellfire, Insanesith, Strider74205, CraZy_B and Mariners2001,

you got the second version of them for three days now, is there any feedback, suggestion? how do you like the new speeder bike skin?

btw i got the new droideka model with some new animations in game, but dont expect to beta it before we finished these two vehicles :p

Perhaps the cat thingy then (For whatever reason I just can't remember her name at the moment:p )

Or maybe someone has another suggestion for a (Star Wars Based) vehicle/beast that's not already being done.

Still having two versions of the Reek can't hurt - after all, there are numerous anakin models (At least in the works).

Duncan - Will try the Softimage exporter from lightwave but don't know if it will export UV maps etc

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

NeoMarz1, there is a >JA models and skinmap< pack releasd by raven, there is a swoop in XSI frmat in it, the reference you request. if you have any other questions, go ahead, we all are learning here.

and about the skins, i could realy need some help, specialy about the shaders. i dont even know wahts possible, how could i let something look metalic? and so on.

Well, unfortunately I am no shader expert, I'm just learning myself. If I find out anything new I let you know. Personally I am having trouble opening that xsi format, it appears I need a 4.0 patch for studio max, cant find one yet. If it isnt too much trouble, maybe you could send me just the swoop bike in 3ds format (your using milkshape right?) I know there are alot of importers in milkshape, so if you cant do 3ds, maybe something else. Just e-mail me if you can. by the way, I looked at your skins... do you have regular wireframe UVMaps, so that I can follow the shapes better? Mars out

Originally posted by InsaneSith

that was my screenie :p.

Anyways if you need help with your vehicles Monsoon I could help a bit.

I'm going to mess around with the .veh files some more duncan see if i can make it anybetter :p

sure! any help would be great! can you help with importing to md3? I can send you a finished Zam speeder, but I want to see how it gets set up (so I can learn). what modeling program you use?

I have a link to a great shader tutorial for Quake 3 models - the essentials are still the same for Jedi Outcast models - though needs a bit of tweaking to get it to work. not sure how it applies to .glm models though.

:mauls: Curse you Raven for not making the process simpler ;)

(I thinks they should have made tags for the hands and feet positions on vehicles, so you don't have to either have a silly looking rider, or struugle with animating in Softimage XSi - which most mortals can't afford for themselves)

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

sure! any help would be great! can you help with importing to md3? I can send you a finished Zam speeder, but I want to see how it gets set up (so I can learn). what modeling program you use?

milkshape. i can't find my damned serial code though so i have to keep redownloading it >_<~

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

about the drivers animation, i dont think that is possible. we have to stik to the drivers possitions that are in game. i made my models so, that they fit >under< those sitting drivers. adding new driver animations would need adding it to the _humanoid.gla file and changing some code. thats not possible yet.

New animations through code have already been done for JO, it's the same for JA, we just need the SDK.

Reven kept the vehicles in Siege for its MP maps, but it's easily possible to spawn them in any map and someone has already put together a swoop racing mod.

You can even ride the wampa and rancor, and pilot the x-wing, tie-fighter and several others (Though the maps aren't big enough and the ship control SUCKS!)

BTW: I fixed my Skin Exceeds MAX_QPATH error but it still doesn't show up in game (Spawns invisible and crashes game if you try to get on it)

:mauls:

first, i took the decision to release my STAP and speeder_bike

models. like i discussed with monsoontide, i renamed the models:

stap_dun is the stap_dun04.pk3

speeder_bike_dun is the speeder_bike_dun03.pk3

these are the newest versions. i gone upload it today 24.00 GMT. till then you testers have still the chance to tell me about some urgent bug that is still in, so please hurry :)

NeoMarz1, sure i can sent you an other format version of the swoop. but i use 3ds max 4.2, so i could sent it you as max file if

you want.

about the skins, i can sent you the skinmaps of my models, its much easier to skin out of them. if you gone make a skin, we can bring it out as an alone standing version, if you agree.

monsoontide, thanks for the link to the shader creating. i worked my through it, but i think i didnt realy get it. it looks like it needs lot of experience for a good shader. the thruster glow is probably the best i can do for now.

BTW: I fixed my Skin Exceeds MAX_QPATH error but it still doesn't show up in game (Spawns invisible and crashes game if you try to get on it)

thats exactly the same point i got to, it crushes. i think its the missing gla file. we will see.

Originally posted by Emon

New animations through code have already been done for JO, it's the same for JA, we just need the SDK.

and Emon, you must have missed it, because i wrote:

thats not possible yet.

that words >not yet< mean something like >is not now, but is gone to be<. i am not absolutly sure about that, caue english is not my mother tongue. so tell me if i am wrong, thanks.

serious, new animations for JO were possible, but it was a so difficult and time consuming work, that nothing worth to mention was made. now in JA it looks much easier with the loadeble additional animation files. but if these additional animation files work for MP is another question. the driver animation is a set of about 30 sequences, so its not possible to make one positure and use it for a vehicle. but to attach the new made animations we need the JA SDK to change some code things. and this bring us back to the beginning, cause >thats NOT possible YET.<

thanks

Er, sorry, it sounds like you mean, "New animtions other than a cheap arm offset aren't possible," well, that isn't true. In JO you can fully animate anything you want. I know the JA SDK isn't out yet, so it's obviously not possible yet, but it sounded like you said it wasn't doable in JO either.

Edit: Actually you could replace or add new animations with GlaMerge right now, and you might be able to play them in SP or MP with ICARUS, but it would be extremely cumbersome.

Archived