Home

I'm mad at JA (more than one player using the same machine)

Surfnshannon

Is there a way to have two charectors at the same time...? What I mean is....

I had my charector about halfway through the game, and my husband wanted to play yesterday. So he starts a new game and starts playing. Well, today low and behold my game was NO WHERE to be found. It looks as though his games had auto saved all over my game. Errr.... is there a way we can both play?

Save your own damn game once in a while. Save it, name it. It won't get written-over. Even if the other player names a save game the same name, it won't get written over.

Don't just rely on auto saving.

Like, when I go through the game, I usually make a manual save, whenever a storyline mission comes (the one's you don't pick to go to). Sometimes if I don't feel like playing and I won't complete all the tier missions, I'll save at the start of one of those.

Only way I'll lose any of my saved games - and I've made 4 different Jaden's already - is if I delete the .sav files themselves.

Ok, at the line that says "Description" click on that, press backspace, then type in a description name. Then hit enter (locks the name in) and press save game. The name of the save game will appear in the lists.

Manually named save games will have only the name, whereas auto saves for levels will be --->levelname (mission start) or --->levelname<--- (checkpoint).

One of those might be quicksaves, though. I'm not exactly sure, it's just off the top of my head.

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

Ok, at the line that says "Description" click on that, press backspace, then type in a description name. Then hit enter (locks the name in) and press save game. The name of the save game will appear in the lists.

Manually named save games will have only the name, whereas auto saves for levels will be --->levelname (mission start) or --->levelname<--- (checkpoint).

One of those might be quicksaves, though. I'm not exactly sure, it's just off the top of my head.

Oo, i see

Alright guys, Thanks for your help. I will try to save my games under my name and tell him to do the same. When he saved his games, he did do it under his name...but the auto saves wrote over mine (which were autosaves or manual saves but as a default name. So, I wasn't aware that if I named them differently it won't automatically rewrite the save.

Thanks!

(PS...I did tell him to leave the game alone, till I'm done ;), but he was like..."NO WAY""

Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick

Did you try to save the games under different names?

I did that with JO, and I had to split PC with my 2 brothers. I completed the game and all, without them overwriting my games.

I havent done that with JA, cuz I bought my own PC a year ago.

-Clemme

You don't NEED to save under different names. You can name two completely different save games "Jaden on Tatooine" - with two different Jaden characters, and they will not overwrite eachother - because the file name itself will be something like "jedi_xx.sav" - the name given in the save game menu is only read in that menu.

But the automatic saves, are always auto_levelname.sav, which is why they get overwritten.

Unfortunately unlike Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith... Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are really only setup for one player. That said there IS a way to make it easier:

I agree, don't rely on autosave because it will get overwritten, instead save the files with names and levels you're on (and check the date stamps too).

You can create seperate config files and load them for your specific setting preferences.

After you've set the settings you are happy with (in Single Player) take the jasp.cfg file from the /base folder and copy and paste the contents into a new document. Name the document something like: wife.cfg.

Have your husband make one called husband.cfg (you can use whatever names you want, these are just examples).

Make sure they are in the same folder with the other cfg files.

Then in console type:

exec wife

or

exec husband

And then you'll have all your settings the way you want them when you play. For the saves, just be careful not to save over each other's games and you'll be fine. ; )

And yes, you can use cheats (see this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111511 ) to get back to where you were.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Unfortunately unlike Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith... Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are really only setup for one player ...

Originally posted by SuperSon!c

Dark Forces was set up to have multiple players.

Ummm.... That - is what he's saying.

Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith == easily set up for multiple players using the same computer

Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy == OMG my husband trashed my saves!

If you really love your quicksaves, just do this:

make a cfg file in /base (husband.cfg)

paste this in the husband.cfg:

bind f9 "save husband"

bind f12 "load husband"

if you don't have a autoexec.cfg file in base, create one, and paste this into it:

bind f9 "save wife"

bind f12 "load wife"

i think that this will work... i haven't written a script in a while though.

Originally posted by STTCT

Alright guys, Thanks for your help. I will try to save my games under my name and tell him to do the same. When he saved his games, he did do it under his name...but the auto saves wrote over mine (which were autosaves or manual saves but as a default name. So, I wasn't aware that if I named them differently it won't automatically rewrite the save.

Thanks!

(PS...I did tell him to leave the game alone, till I'm done ;), but he was like..."NO WAY""

tell him no tenderness if he breaks the rules :p. that always gets us guys..... wait.... crap... i've just denied him. :( i feel like a traitor. *runs off crying*

Archived