Home

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (UP @108.178.55.189:29070)

Kurgan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm leaving in the morning, so it should be coming back up soon.

Yeah, the forums were down for awhile, glad they're back!

Update (January 19th): Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

Sadly, my server has gone down due to hardware problems and is undergoing repairs, until then the server will remain down. Hopefully I'll be able to bring it back soon. Sorry for the delays.

; p

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who don't check the first page:

Update (1/24/04): I had to send the computer to another repair place and they say it will be done sometime in early February (chances of it being finished sooner are slim). The upside of this is that the server will have doubled processing speed when it comes back (2 ghz, I know I'm behind the times, but ever little bit helps!).

Heh, I wish! I'm afraid the next upgrade is going to be a selfish video card update badly needed.

But maybe someday... ; )

And I feel your pain, believe me I want to play again as much as you guys! I called the repair shop and they told me "next week we'll get to it probably."

Take heart young warrior...

Word has it that my computer will "probably be done by the end of the week."

Of course I might have to rush back home if my grandma's condition worsens (if the cancer has spread), so it's still up in the air if the server will be back up by the weekend or not.

As you know the server is back (2 ghz instead of 1!), and has been since yesterday. I'm trying to keep it up fulltime, but you never now.

Right now I'm stuck inside and it's snowy outside. No word yet on my grandma's condition changing, so I'm here for awhile, so have fun!

Visac is working on those he says, if they're not working (honestly I haven't checked them in awhile).

The files aren't too big though and you can grab them off my server by connecting.

Anyway, here's the DDS (Darth Dude Studios, creators of IBots, Rerouted and other cool projects) site, which has mirrors:

http://www.perkwerx.com/DDS/DDS.htm

That's true, but if (and only if) I'm joining the game on the same computer as the server (which I admit I do occasionaly, since I have only the one computer capable of playing JA!).

If I'm just running the server in the background I don't need a good video card! But you knew that.. ; )

This just in, my connection is working again! No need for any crappy MSN software either.

The new IP should be 65.103.61.98:29070, however the server isn't up at the moment.

Hopefully tonight I can set it up and get it running for a few hours.

Likely I'll be leaving town Wed night or later on the weekend for a few days so enjoy it while you can!

Archived