Home

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (UP @108.178.55.189:29070)

Kurgan

Ah here we are...

I tried to access it the other day but the login/password didn't work. Has that info changed?

Sorry I haven't been in contact lately. I'll try it again right now.

Don't know if I have the latest files/settings to install though...

EDIT: Nope, login/pass don't work.

So either those have changed or the IP has changed, I can't get in.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Okay sorry folks, I haven't updated the server info on the page yet.

I was away for two weeks and now I'm preparing for classes.

I work the weekends, but perhaps next weekend or the weekend

after that I can make some time and get it all setup. I want to display

the IP and info of the latest OJP server(s) on

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/server_Status.html

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, feel free to email me!

Again, sorry for the delays...

• 1 year later...

Obviously, the server is currently down and the tracker on the page shows it's been down for awhile. The server is down indefinitely until such time in the future (if any) when someone either DONATES a server to us or I get the spare cash to host one.

Probably what will happen is I'll just run a server off my computer or a friend's sometime and just advertise the IP while it's up.

So thanks to everyone who played with us over the years, it was great! Thanks to EscapedTurkey, RazorAce and everyone else who helped out. Thanks to folks like Amidala of ChopShop who ran servers with a similar ethos, and so forth.

May the Force Be With You... Always!

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate that, Skin!

Btw, I have a friend interested in checking this game out, so the server MAY be coming up soon. Probably it will only be up a few hours at a time, on a specific night (or nights) either this month, or next month. I have two summer classes starting Friday, so if it doesn't happen soon, it might have to wait until the end of May, or early June. And since I'm strapped for cash, it will be on a Cable connection, so no crazy 16 player matches with no lag (sorry).

I'll keep you guys posted, but the IP will be posted here, or I'll send out PM's. Feel free to contact me via email if interested!

kurgan @ qwest.net

Maybe, if I ever get a pay server! I'm not to keen on some of the gameplay in OJP Enhanced, but I realize it has changed a lot since I played it last. I'm still very supportive of your project, even if I don't personally play it myself.

But I think if I run the server (off my home computer) this Summer, it's just going to be running the latest version of basic and some official mods (Ie: asteroids, bonus pack, etc).

You might want to change the name again... because "Jedi Knight Enhanced" is the name of another project (hosted on JKhub.net) which uses high res models and textures for Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

Jedi Academy Enhanced?

We had a brainstorming thread about the name, and I think JAE was suggested, but not sure what happened...we had about 6 pages of suggestions.

Unfortunately, JKE was decided before anyone googled it and discovered that mod. >_>'

...Which is why the website/forum still says Open Jedi Project (google rankings would put us off the first page)

And yeah, I'm fine with basic being used on your server. ;o

We had a brainstorming thread about the name, and I think JAE was suggested, but not sure what happened...we had about 6 pages of suggestions.

Unfortunately, JKE was decided before anyone googled it and discovered that mod. >_>'

...Which is why the website/forum still says Open Jedi Project (google rankings would put us off the first page)

And yeah, I'm fine with basic being used on your server. ;o

You probably should have googled the name first....

Id suggest changing the name only to cut down on confusion

Plus Im sure a few people wouldnt like it :¬:

I may do some testing tonight to make sure the server can work (or else someone else should host). I'm thinking sometime after 8pm CST tonight.

Anyway, let's plan on May 24th for the game (through the 28th; next opportunity June 2nd).

Well, predictably nobody showed, but everything seemed to work fine. I was able to play for hours with bots and on some random servers I joined (which had CRAPPY settings, I might add... dang, everyone has disabled Force powers... sabers only... fast force regen... admin mods like JA+... very annoying; and the few Siege servers were either empty or using passwords, but of course NOBODY had OJP basic, so no bots).

It seems I only have problems when I try to run Siege, but I'm working on that (pity I don't have any time until the 24th to mess with it more).

I would be more than willing to play with some people here on one of the empty servers... might as well give it some use, and I trust the people here not to abuse the exploits (that Basic fixes).

Well guys, I'm planning to get things geared up Saturday night and we should start running the server (or joining a server) Sunday.

My parents are coming to town so I may not be on all that time, but I figure I can do one of two things:

Put up the IP(s) of some servers for us to "meet at" to play (and if voting is enabled, we can team up to vote in the options WE want, rather than whatever stupid crap they might be using, though that may be wishful thinking on my part).

Or

Run a "dedicated server" off my home PC. Now bear in mind I haven't done this in a long time (I figured this time I'd just run the game locally and play in it with you folks), so the settings might not be perfect.

If something goes wrong with the server while I'm not there, I won't be able to restart it (obviously) until I get back home, so please be patient, and send me an email if you notice something is amiss.

Anyway, it won't be as good as the old days, but I imagine it will be nostalgic, and I'm looking forward to it!

If any wish to contact me, the easiest way is email. Perhaps we can get a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server up too, for voice communication? Just an idea. ;)

Keep in mind that this is not the only time I will be attempting to get a game of JA setup for us. After June 1st (and especially after June 15) I am anticipating having a lot more time.

PS: Skinwalker, go pickup your new power supply so you can play with us! ;)

Bummer. Well my parents are in town so I'm guessing I'll have the server up as soon as I can (afternoon CST), but I may not be in to play for much of that time tomorrow.

I'm hoping to catch the last showing of Star Trek (traitor!!!!). ;)

But the rest of this week (except Friday night/Sat morning) I can play. Especially Wed-Thurs.

When I get the IP I'll post it here, so just keep checking it. If you pop in and nobody is around, don't give up, and just try and get my attention (drop an email even if it seems like it should be obvious).

I may not get the Ventrilo server setup in time, but I am thinking I'll run that for sure after June 1st. If somebody else has more experience with that and wants to set one up though, that'd be cool.

Archived