Home

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (UP @108.178.55.189:29070)

Kurgan

bLaSt reports that JediTracker (the server tracker we use) is "Doing some server maintenance."

Again, the Meatgrinder server itself is FINE. You should have NO PROBLEM connecting to the IP posted in my sig or on the page (or from your favorites).

While we wait for the tracker to be fixed, check out QTRACKER, a free and useful program created by Ron "the DM Ohio" Mercer, which has been around for ages and supports tons of great games, old and new (including all the JK series that had online play).

Install this easy to use app, get some mapshots for the games you like to play and input the IP of the meatgrinder server into your "Favorite" folder for easy access. You can launch JA and join the server right from QT if you like. It's just another easy way to get onto the server... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

As a head's up, RazorAce may be doing some experiments with a new updated version of OJP Basic (specifically fixing any remaining bugs and tweaking the TAB bots) in the next few months, so if things get a little weird in there, that may be why. The end result should be some much needed improvements though, so be sure to show your support! Of course, in my stead, he is acting admin, but is committed to the same gameplay guidelines as I've always adhered to (in other words, no rules but having fun and playing the game as it was meant to be played!).

The server seems to be running fine lately. A slight hiccup, but I got that ironed out. ;) Thanks again to Escaped Turkey for making it possible to continue to bring you hardcore Jedi Academy action, especially CTF and Siege, 24/7!

MTFBWY

• 1 month later...

Just a note: I see the server tracker has been down for the last day or so... not to worry, the server itself is fine. It's up and running as of now and can be accessed in the usual ways (I just checked it with Qtracker).

Word has it that ET is consolidating some of their servers, but that shouldn't affect us (and won't affect anyone until Nov 15th anyway). Whatever happens, we'll continue to bring you hard-hitting JA action the way it was meant to be, 24/7!

Happy Halloween everyone!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy Easter (and Passover)!

We're of course up for the foreseeable future at the IP posted on the website (and this thread). If it ever changes, it'll be posted here, but I don't see that happening, again, in the foreseeable future.

MTFBWY

• 2 months later...

Hmm, seems for the past few days there was a weird glitch on the server wherein I couldn't log in as the admin. I "updated" the server which should fix the problem. I played on it some last night and things seemed okay. If anyone notices any further problems, please report it to me asap.

We'd be happy to have you! If you want to play me personally on there, I would drop me an email well in advance, as I often have weird hours and can't just play anytime.

I was thinking of firing up vanilla JK2 the other day (after being reminded of the whole "1.02 vs 1.04" debate) but I couldn't find my old cd. I have another copy of the game but it's still in the shrink wrap (was going to give it to a friend). So I haven't done it yet. ;)

I am wondering if people are getting tired of having the same 3 siege maps and 5 ctf maps in the cycle, but every time I check there are usually 2 people on there at least.When I'm on, I might try some other settings, but for now that seems the safest. I haven't checked the overall servers to see what other people are running, but I do remember that a year ago there were very few servers that were running Siege and CTF with mainly basejka settings (and pretty much zero with OJP Basic).

If the bots for it weren't so crappy I might run PowerDuel more.I just wish that OJP Basic had a better autodownload system, as it was so hard to get people to play when the bonus pack was being used.

I have no preference. I have old installs of JKII/JA copied over to a new HD, but have not attempted to install them on Win7. KotOR is proving to be a big enough pain in the hiney TBH. I would just happy to be able to shoot someone, like in the good old days on your and other servers.

• 2 weeks later...

can you still use compatibility mode in Win7? Anyhow, you're welcome anytime. you'll be able to shoot somebody, guaranteed. ;)

the only "honor code" we enforce around here is no "cheating" (ie: deliberately exploiting game bugs to disrupt a team game).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kurgan, just played on the Meatgrinder for about an hour.

Feels good to take off the JA+ clan suit and play some good old fashioned CTF with bots on OJP =]

As you probably know, I'm a coder, and I'd be happy to support the Meatgrinder perhaps by maintaining OJP basic and adding onto it.

Let me know what you want and I'll see if I can get it done.

I could also host some servers/services from Australia (Sorry, I'd be in the UK/US if I could!) such as a game server, web site, IRC, maybe even Teamspeak. I have free access to a few server machines with 99% uptime here.

Is your deal with EscapedTurkey still in effect? I believe they did a similar thing with my JA+ clan, was rather nice of them to recognise long-term customers.

To start with, I may port my administrative system from my JA+ replacement, mostly for this if we have any troublemakers (Referring to your last post)

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry I didn't reply earlier, I've been very busy with various things and so I'm not on here as much as the old days. But yeah, I'd love to see further development of OJP Basic. I'm not sure who is in charge of OJP Basic these days, but as long as it's kosher I'm all for it. The main issue is that the TAB Bots need improving, especially on Siege Hoth, but I have other suggestions too. Send me a PM and email and maybe we can talk soon (after Friday anyway, I have a bunch of family stuff going on, it's crazy).

• 4 weeks later...

A lot has happened since my last post. But anyway...

Wow, can you believe it's been nearly 7 years since The Meatgrinder dedicated server began?

I wonder if any other JKA servers have been running as long... (granted, we were not up continuously all that time, but pretty close to it!)

• 2 weeks later...

It's 1:48pm CST here on 11/16/11 and the tracker is down. Not sure if it's just the tracker or if the actual server is down as well. I don't have time to check it atm and I can't login, so if someone else can check it (can you connect?) and post here, please let me know.

Otherwise hopefully they'll resolve the problem and if nothing else, the server will reset at 3-4am as it normally does.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5/18/12

I just learned that EscapedTurkey, our hosting company, is shifting their servers around.

The new one is in Chicago, so there may be a new IP.

I don't have time to update the web page and the JediTracker yet (probably won't for awhile, but hopefully I can do that this summer).

If the old IP is no longer working, PLEASE try the following one instead (and add to your favorites):

108.178.55.189:29070

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been checking the IP tracker every so often on the web page and it looks like the old IP is truly dead. So please use the NEW one instead.

I'm pretty busy now, so I may not be able to update anything on the web page until August 10th, but the server should be up 24/7 (except for occasional resets early in the morning as usual) throughout that time.

If anybody has any problems getting in, please post here and the time (including time zone you tried).

MTFBWY

• 3 months later...

I've been busy lately with a summer internship that turned into a year long residency. I am not sure what's going on with the ET server, as I haven't checked it in several months. I am hoping to find out soon whether the server is up, where it's at, or if it's down and not coming back (hopefully that's not the case, but we'll see). In the meantime I want to thank EscapedTurkey for hosting us for so long and for the many people who have played on our server over the past few years.

I still think we've been the longest running Jedi Academy server out there, with only minimal interruption at least, but if we're down for good, I'm sad, but I say don't give up hope yet...

Archived