Home

Kurgan's Meatgrinder (UP @108.178.55.189:29070)

Kurgan

Well I took the server down yesterday to do some other stuff online (the curse of not having a rented server yet).

The IP is still the same, but it won't be back online until later tonight probably.

Thanks again to everyone who joined, it's been lots of fun. Maybe RazorAce will release a new beta for us sometime, I think I've come to the end of testing this one up and down (in Siege mode anyway).

With greater stability and some more bugs worked out, I might be willing to give CTF a try again.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by razorace

Uh, what CTF exploits/bugs?

The droid head bug exploit that you fixed, is somehow "Broken" again in the beta you gave me to use. I just found that out the other night. Tested it and it consistently behaves as it did before you implemented your fix. : P

Think I talked with you about that on ICQ, you said you had an idea why that wasn't working... but I know at one time you had it fixed, I witnessed it first hand (in an earlier beta).

oh, hehe, sorry about that.

Turns out that the siege item drop issues was the result of two seperate issues instead of one. The way the droid head initially drops is different than the way a siege item is dropped when the carrier player is killed.

So, I basically just had to fix the problem twice to get it to fully work. :)

• 3 weeks later...

March 4, 2005. It's that time again!

New IP

OJP 007 beta 6 is working great (though sometimes you'll end up with too many bots on one team, but that's fixed in the next version which isn't out to the public yet...).

Sometimes I take the server down for a few hours to download something or do other activity online (like play Republic Commando) since that would make everyone lag to death anyway.

Keep checking it in the course of the day, and you'll likely find it up at some time.

Btw, it's up now as of 12:40pm CST.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, the server is up somewhat sporadically now, as I've been also running a Republic Commando server.

I'll have to work out something soon, I have only so much bandwidth to spare... ; P

That is unless the RC devs let us down without patching their game up. It's in kind of a sorry state right now...

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

It could take them a few months to patch RC, just like with Jedi Academy.

It only took 1 month for the (only) JA patch to come out.

You're probably thinking of JK2, where the first patch took 3 months!!! (that was a year before JA came out of course). The second patch came out I forget, a month after that?

Anyway, SWBF had patches very quickly and lots of them, but the last one took awhile and we haven't heard any word since 1.2.

So there's really no telling how long a patch could take, however we've heard rumors and such and things they said in past interviews which imply we should see one in early April along with the tools. But they haven't said anything about it since the game went gold, so who knows.

-----------------------

Btw, new update on the server! RazorAce has agreed to let me admin his OJP server (the one he got from EscapedTurkey) and update the name. So we've joined forces!

Support Meatgrinder, have fun, AND support OJP!

• 4 months later...

Sadly it's kinda buggy right now. It's come a long way since OJP started supporting it, but it still isn't quite crash/bug proof even on the better maps for it. The trouble is that people tend to just run ahead and accomplish things by themselves rather than sticking together as a team should.

But, someday, someday.. ;)

• 2 months later...

Nah, http://www.jk3files.com still exists. :D

Also, I've been playing on your server latley and the auto team thing keeps switching people... I got switched like 3 times in one game, its getting annoying. Is there any way to set it so it will only switch bots or people who went on the popular team?

It sucks having 3 flag captures to then get switched to the other team, get a flag for them, then get switched back to the original team.... because of that auto-team thing...

It's supposed to be switching the bots before it switchess people.

It's probably switching you a lot because you're the "youngest" player on the server and there's no bots available for switching. My guess is that this is occurring when the score is tight (the system is trying to balance the teams based on score) and there's no bots. Next time it happens, grab a screenshot (or just write down) of the scoreboard and a serverstatus.

Anyway, on another note, OJP Basic 0.0.7b9 is now on the server. I'll upload the beta client component when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A New IP for a New Year! Sorry I forgot to post about this earlier...

Update your favorites! I haven't had much time to play lately since school started this month (and on vacation I didn't have access to my PC), but there should be plenty of regulars there to keep you all busy. Enjoy! ;)

Also on Friday's, RazorAce has setup OJP Enhanced for testing on the server, so you may want to grab that from ojp.jediknight.net

I've also setup a Downloads page for good/commonly used mods:

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/downloads.shtml

• 1 month later...

Due to some problem (I don't know what) with Escaped Turkey's server, Meatgrinder is now (until further notice) hosted on Razor Ace's local server. Same rules, different IP.

There is now a Downloads Page on Strategic Academy that has all the mods we ever use or recommend. You can view the server status and link to the download page from here. We now run OJP "Enhanced" (gameplay changes with a new saber system, ledge grabbing and other interesting changes) on Fridays, which OJP Basic (same gameplay as basejka, plus fixes, tweaks and new game mode options) the rest of the week.

Today (Saturday) was also designated as an "Enhanced Day" to give more people a chance to try this version of the mod. We'll be back to OJP Basic tomorrow...

• 2 months later...

Hope you all have a great summer! I'm finally done with classes and just taking a quick break before I get my new hours for my job. To help avoid confusion I removed the old outdated IP's from previous posts on this page...

See my sig and the tracker for the latest IP (though we've had the same one now for a long time and it works great). Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

CURRENT STATUS: DOWN (Unknown when it will be back) @

207.210.238.102:29070

June 3, 2006 - Okay the server has been going down a lot lately, and as of right now it's completely down and I can't even login to the web server. So I'm not sure what's up. Maybe it's just temporary or maybe we have to find a new host, I'm not sure at this point. But for now there is no Meatgrinder to join.

If anyone sees it come back up in the next few hours though, please let me know! We apologize for the inconvenience while we sort this out...

=================================

6/4/06 - I'm happy to report the server is back! Thankfully it was just some servers being moved and our password got reset, as razorace reported after sending in a problem ticket to EscapedTurkey. So all is well, have fun blasting and slicing away on the Meatgrinder this summer!

Archived