Home

Theatrical saber battles

rut-wa jodar

If you choose the light side in SP, you are treated to a short movie-style lightsaber duel with Alora before she injures Rosh.

Actually, I think Raven must've listened to at least a few gamer's comments as lightsaber blocks, while not frequent enough for some, occur more than in JO.

You can also lower saberdamage

g_saberdamagescale 1 (or even lower, like .5 if you're really crazy).

g_sabertracesaberfirst 1 (I *think* that's the proper spelling, I don't use it much myself, increases blocking ability with sabers)

Note that these settings are NOT recommended for non duels, as they'll just make the sabers very near worthless in battle, but makes duels last a lot longer.

You could also get the "Sabers Mod" i think its called on Lucasfiles.net Its the real saber sounds to from the duel of Darth Maul and Obu and QGJ it makes duels more realistic and saber blocks awsome

but all the sounds on the game were oringally taken from the films in the firstpalce werent they? cause the music is the same?

Originally posted by Kurgan

g_sabertracesaberfirst 1 (I *think* that's the proper spelling, I don't use it much myself, increases blocking ability with sabers)

Actually I wouldn't recommend that. The only time that cvar makes a difference is when the saber trace hits the player and then hits the saber hitbox. From a code standpoint, what this cvar does is remove all the player hitboxes, runs the trace, and then runs the trace with the player models. At least this is how it worked for JK2.

Originally posted by razorace

Actually I wouldn't recommend that. The only time that cvar makes a difference is when the saber trace hits the player and then hits the saber hitbox. From a code standpoint, what this cvar does is remove all the player hitboxes, runs the trace, and then runs the trace with the player models. At least this is how it worked for JK2.

Pheeww !!! :confused:

that went straight over my head razor !

I don`t suppose you could explain that again so idiots like me can understand.

Archived