Home

Ok, this is the best type of dismemberment.

lionforce

I finally was able to adjust the files how I would like dismembement to work. Here is a quick run down of how I did it.

First of if you are looking for body parts to fly every were at all times go with the other sabermorerealistic 2 shortcut method. But if you would like to have FULL DISMEMBERMENT AND I mean, hands, legs, arms, HEADS and torso without increasing saber damage so you can have some awesome fights with saber wielders. And in order to get dismemberment you have to put an excellent placed hit in. You don't get dismemberment all the time but when ever you get a good hit in. You have to unzip the assests1.pk3 out of the base file and go into your model files, then extract it to your desk top(only the model file you would like to adjust and make sure that it is not the bot file) open the model file you would like with note pad ,for example a tried first with the snowtrooper in the file at the buttom you will see the different modeldismemberment possibilities for hand, feet, head, and torso. Change all these numbers to 100 (don't worry you won't get 100 dismemberment but it is the highest setting I believe) then save it. Save it under a different name if not it will not allow you to. Now you will see the new file besides the old file, delete the old file but first rename the new file the same name as the old file . Now go back to your desk top were your file is and right click on it. Use Unzip archive and unzip back to the original directory something like Jediacademy,data,base, assest1. It takes like 5 to 7 minutes to update the file. Now do not forget once you have completed all these steps before you load the game, YOU MUST DELETE THE FILE YOU EXTRACTED ON YOUR DESK TOP. GO INTO THE GAME TYPE NPC SPAWN SNOWTROOPER AND CHOP AWAY, Remember you only get dismemberment on good hits. If you want to practice use ( bind (a key) npc spawn snowtrooper) to spawn the snowtrooper at a touch of a key. This has greatly enhanced my JA experience. You can aslo adjust other thing like the model health from 40 to 100 to make the game more challenging I have not tried it yet but I imagine it would work. If any one has a faster way of editing all the Npc files at once please let me now, I am currently doing them one by one and it does take some time. I hope this has helped a lot of you. P.S I did it wrong on my first two tries, make sure you follow the directions exactly if not you may get a Cannot spawn Npc snowtrooper.( YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE ONE FILE OF THE SNOWTROOPER MODEL IF YOU HAVE TWO YOU DID IT WRONG, IF YOU HAVE TWO THE SECOND ONE IS NORMALY AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE LIST, YOU SHOULD HAVE ONE AND IT IF YOU CHECK IT, IT SHOULD BE THE ONE YOU EDITED. But I promise that if you do it correctly it WILL WORK. THIS IS ON THE FULL RETAIL AMERICAN VERSION OF THE GAME.

Thanks for the post lionforce. When playing Jedi Outcast, some excellent person made a MOD called enyak.pk3 (or something close to that) that did what you just explained, changed the four body type attributes to 100, but all you had to do with enyak.pk3 was throw it in your Gamedata folder and wa-la! I've been trying to find the 'upgraded' version of this for Jedi Academy but have unsuccesful so far. I like the way you and the enyak.pk3 MOD make dismemberment as it keeps the saber fighting the way Raven designed it to be out of the box. I have been using the line command that does devmapall 1 and sabermorerealistic 1 and they do work but I wonder if it makes me more powerful then I should be....

I think you can do the same thing but in the form of a mod instead of changing one of the main pk3 files. just extract that whole brach and the edit the file then zip that whole branch using winzip then rename it to.pk3 and make a directory in the one above base I cant remember what its called but the directory I used was called mods, and then when you load the game, load the mod from the options screen. This is how I use 2 saber staffs :-) 4 blades looks awesome!

I don't know if this happens in Jedi Academy and I don't know

if this happens to anyone else but me in Jedi Outcast either but

anyway...

When I modified those npc settings and set all those dismember

probabilities (arms, legs, waist, head) to 100 it caused that if I

killed lots of peoples in short time the game crashed because it

run out of entities or something like that...

Archived