Home

Dead like me=Gf rip off?

Ryu_Prime

No one famous as far as im aware

Its only a new show(well its been out a few months in the u.s)

Its a girl gets killed by a toilet seat from Mir

She ets recruited as a reaper and joins the ranks of the undead(she looks normal

She has to keep her crap job too,cause shes not dead,shes undead

So when someone dies she takes there soul to were ever they need to go

And she has to work it off till she can leave the ranks of the undead

weird....sounds like Grim the TV Show. I've thought about this a lot, and wouldn't it be cool to have a GF movie? I know there was a poll at GFN once about what would you rather have, a sequel or a movie. I chose sequel, but still. We've got plenty of room there for a nice screenplay(and a book, as Monk has already proved!).

[rant]

i am not a fan of movie/game transistions of any kind. I think a big problem with todays games is that they try to be movies when they should just be games.

We need to branch out and create our own style. The whole notion of interaction separates games from movies and should be treated as such.

[/rant]

meh. I agree with you in some instances such as Resident Evil....heh. But I think Grim Fandango has such wonderful movie potential. I guess that movie has probably already been done in the land of the living however(Humprhey Bogart).

Well I suppose you're right. Oh well.

Sounds like they MAY have got some ideas from GF... But GF got ideas from was it Aztec or Mayan history?

Well, either way it could be that the film got ideas from there too...

Plus the fact that she is a reaper

These r very popular things...

Although the having to pay off a debt thing seems a bit of an odd coincidence if u ask me :)

With the exception of there being reapers taking souls, Dead Like Me is nothing like Grim Fandango.

And reapers taking souls isn't exactly an idea that Grim Fandango can claim originality for.

Dead Like Me is a pretty good show. :)

Archived