Home

Lets Try again.

Joshi

What should that forum be called (you know the one)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should that forum be called (you know the one)

• The Harbour (or whatever spelling you want, but if chosen, I'm posting Harbour to the admins)
    • Life and How to live it (oh come on, it's not that bad)
    • Something else (please post)
    • DJG

Okay, so now you get to vote.

Lets do this right and stop complaining about why it was changed in the first place and who chose the name and so on, I'm working on faith here that you will all treat this in a civilized manner. So here we go.

can we post more than one suggestion? .. sure. :)

1. lua bar *shakes head* :o

2. scumm bar *nods* :D

3. the booty zone

4. bloddy lip bar and grill :naughty:

5. pirates cove

6. crescent island

7. a.. b.. c.. d.. e.. f.. g.. h.. iiiiii got a girl on monkey isl..and..

8. offtopic discussion

9. teh wondre bra

10. ye olde piratey inn ;)

my favs would be

2. - classic

4. - tasty

10. - err. very stylish.. hmm .. somehow..

:)

In my opinion, the harbor had it's good times and it's bad times, but when people now think of it, people seem to automatically think 'spam'. Sorry, but that's ther way it is and it's as much the mods fault as the members who spammed (i'll at least admit that) so this new name is a chance for maybe a new start. why not just go with it.

Also please note, 'Life and How to Live it' was the off topic forum for the old scummbar forum. Come on, lets make them feel a little welcome.

In my opinion, the harbor had it's good times and it's bad times, but when people now think of it, people seem to automatically think 'spam'. Sorry, but that's ther way it is and it's as much the mods fault as the members who spammed (i'll at least admit that) so this new name is a chance for maybe a new start. why not just go with it.

well, the way i see it, changing the name of the forum isn't going to prevent people from thinking "spam". just because i change my name to "joebob" doesn't mean people are going to think i'm someone else. if that's one of the reasons why the name should be different, i think that's actually really lame.

anyway...my vote goes to the harbor. :)

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

Also please note, 'Life and How to Live it' was the off topic forum for the old scummbar forum. Come on, lets make them feel a little welcome.

i didnt knew that.. hmm.

scummbar eyh? one could have said it earlier!!!

if this is true.. then i'll withdraw my suggests and vote for the existing name 'live and how to live it'.

.. hoo..ray .. :D

Originally posted by C Shutt

Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.

is that your opinion which actually doesnt matter shutt?? :rolleyes: no crappy replies please. post a suggest or dont post please. otherwise you should pm neil joshi about your concerns. dont try that again! :mad:

Joshi, what is the point to this thread? You know as well as I do that the name isn't going to change. Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.

Put it to bed, boys. :dozey: Shutt has spoken.

However, unless it does turn out to matter...here's my idea: MONKEYSHINES! :max:

I will be distraught if you don't name it "room where time and space merge into a single point of bastardom where cheese is mandatory and milk is purple, where the sea is in the sky and the sky is in the sea, and the sea is black and the sky is orange, like a perverted school uniform - wherein resides the monkey island fan room"

Originally posted by LucasTones

I will be distraught if you don't name it "room where time and space merge into a single point of bastardom where cheese is mandatory and milk is purple, where the sea is in the sky and the sky is in the sea, and the sea is black and the sky is orange, like a perverted school uniform - wherein resides the monkey island fan room"

I think you should stop drinking turpentine

Joshi, what is the point to this thread? You know as well as I do that the name isn't going to change. Letting these people go on thinking that their opinions actually matter is just plain mean.

This is why people hate moderators and admin. Keep in mind that not all admin and moderators think the same way as you do. Trust me, I know.

Also, without members, an online community cannot exist, if you cannot grasp that, then go start your own forum, and be it's only member. ^_^

That's rather a lot to lay at my doorstep, considering I am neither one of those things.

Maybe, but you can catch alot more flies with honey, then you can with vineger,

Come on man, I am on your side, but you got to be nice to these people, they expect, respect, and need that...

Archived