Home

Define "LAMING"

Luc Solar

We all know that the majority people playing JA are lamers. For every kill there is a lamer. :rolleyes: But if you really think about it...what is a lamer??

I'l make it easy on you. A "lamer" is someone who does not obey the rules.

What rules, you ask? Well, this is the tricky part, since there are as many sets of rules as there are players. Luckily not all players are retarded enough to assume that THEIR set of rules are The Rules that are universally agreed upon by all people. Many of us realize that everyone plays the way they feel like playing and that one individual can't hop from server to server enforcing his own Code Of Honour upon everyone else.

Back to the meaning of the term "laming". Since the only rules that one can think of enforcing are the rules of the game and the rules of the server, laming means braking the beforementioned rules. Not your own, not your clan's, not the neighbor's dog's rules...but the rules of the game or the server.

Since most problems occur in FFA-games, let's see what the rules of that gametype is. Ah, yes: Try to defeat your opponent to score points and thus get more points than anyone else and win the game. Those are the rules. That is the objective. If you do not follow the rules you are a lamer.

Nowhere in those rules did it say "chat to your opponents and walk honourably saber down until 20 minutes is up and you all have a honourable tie with 0 points". Therefore, if you chat or walk around saber down you are not following the rules nor trying to reach the objective. That makes YOU a lamer.

Server rules should be followed no matter how dumb they are. If you don't pay for the server, you have no say. I can host a server and enforce the rule "no jumping or using anything but single saber blue style but not the lunge or the kata" if I want to. Sure, that makes me an idiot, but if I pay, I get to make the rules. If you don't like the rules, you should go some place else to play. If you break the rules, you're out. I have the right to be a retard. I have the right to piss off people on my server. Nobody forces you to come there.

The HUGE problems that JA multiplayer faces are the following:

1) Idiots who assume that their set of Honour Codes apply not just on their buddy's server who came up with them, but worldwide. These idiots whine and bitch and moan untill anyone with half a brain quits playing in disgust. They are not happy untill the whole world bows to their Honourable Code of Honour. These are the guys who log on to YOUR server and tell YOU that you're a lamer and try to kick vote the host off his own server.

2) Idiots who enforce rules on their server that ruin the game. Idiots who do not realize that a rule like "saber down = peace" has and never will work. All it causes is a constant whine-fest where instead of playing the game, people are concerned about who did what and who was sab0r down or just about to start chatting and who is the lamer who must be banned from the server. I mean...JESUS! - you got people shooting ROCKETS all over the place and yet you WALK AROUND SABER DOWN waiting for an excuse to start complaining to an admin after losing those 2 precious hp's of your virtual ChatJedi's health.

To sum it up: Laming is breaking the rules. In a FFA you are a lamer if you don't play. Chatting or "walking around looking cool" is not playing, it is laming. The worst part is that once you rightfully die you start whining. Whining is laming. Trying to kick-vote people who PLAY THE GAME off the server is not only laming, but rude. YOU are breaking the rules of this game. YOU are the lamer.

Everyone is entitled to do what they want on their server. That does not mean, however, that I among other can't point out your retardedness. You bought the wrong game if you don't want to do what the game is designed for. This is a FPS. In FFA the goal is to defeat the opponent by killing him. It's not a chat room. It's not a virtual enviroment where you hang out with your friends and have fun on the expense of poor newbies who happen to log on. It's not a Role Playing Game. If you insist on doing anything else than PLAYING the game, please say it clearly enough so that no-one will log on assuming they can play.

Example: CHAT SERVER. NO FIGHTING.

If you do not name your server like that ^^ then I'll probably be the "lamer" when I log on, but you will surely be the "idiot".

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite obvious you hate these rules.

I did notice your name is Luc Solar [NO HONOUR] or something like that in game.

Fine, you don't like it... Try finding servers that doesn't have those rules...

Well that's hard. Sometimes it's a bit over the line, some guy was doing that dual sabers taunt, where the sabers cross.

So, he should know that with duck or jump, he can interrupt the taunt, I stabbed him while doing it, and half the server goes ''whoa dude lame''

Originally posted by Master William

Well that's hard. Sometimes it's a bit over the line, some guy was doing that dual sabers taunt, where the sabers cross.

So, he should know that with duck or jump, he can interrupt the taunt, I stabbed him while doing it, and half the server goes ''whoa dude lame''

Hey, anybody stupid enough to taunt on an FFA server deserves to get a saber in their gut. :D

Originally posted by FurionStormrage

Hey, anybody stupid enough to taunt on an FFA server deserves to get a saber in their gut. :D

That has happened to me many a time, but I don't complain, I just get more health. Easy as that. :)

It actually happened to me on a duel server once, when I was in the middle of a taunt, and I didn't know how to get out. That was a long time ago.... a week?:p

I hate to say it, but this game has a HUGELY disproportionate number of whiners. Especially in duels, which would otherwise be the bit I like best.

I was in a duel, and some dude... IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ACTUAL FIGHTING... you know, the saber-slapping bit... stopped to type something or another. And I sabered him. Hell, I was probably in mid-swing when he went fishing for the keyboard and got killed. Then he spent God knows how long whining about what a no-honor n00b lamer I was. I think half the server quit after the first 10 minutes of continuous illiterate keyboard-bitching. :rolleyes:

If he'd been doing the pre-fight bowing and stuff, OK, I'd get it. Sort of. But if you let your guard down when actually whacking sabers with an opponent... YOU are the lamer a-hole. So shut up and die.

And people squealing about "honor" on FFA or Siege games are just pure idiots.

I was in a duel, and some dude... IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ACTUAL FIGHTING... you know, the saber-slapping bit... stopped to type something or another. And I sabered him.

OMG. The same thing happens to me all the time, IN MID SWING!!! I really don't get it.

If you go away, then turn off your saber, then I pause for a min, but after that... You get it.

"Luc Solar" I think you summed that up pretty nicely that's exactly how I feel.

I am a whiner; though, I whine about the whiners. I'm getting better at ignoring all the lamer cries and all, but it is so hard sometimes. I just put them at the top of my hit list. My general little silly code of honor in a FFA is.

(1) I get attacked by you then you're free game from that point on.

(2) I see you attacking other people you are free game.

(3) I see you walking around aimlessly I leave you alone. Sorry if you get in my way. I can't stand people that just come in a FFA to chat. They take up space for people that actually want to play.

In my opinion people not playing the game should be kicked. I leave them alone; none the less, just to keep from hearing the whiny cry baby crap. They start doing it to much then I go after them.

I think some people think I'm just an all out all around lamer; however, that is far from the truth. If there are silly rules posted I usually don't enter the game. If I do it's out of desperation, because of the small number of servers and I try to respect the stupid rules.

I only play 3 types of game play. FFA, CTF, and Siege. I have never heard lamer cried in Siege and I don't think I have in CTF. Both of them are goal oriented and most people who play them are trying to help their team win. For some reason I have never played TFFA in JO or JA. Oh wait a minute I just looked. The reason is there isn't any games for the most part.

FFA in JA has serious cry baby problems just like JO. I have never seen so much whining in a game like I do in the Jedi Knight games. I have lost most of my interest in playing the game that I bought, because of all the LAMERS "Luc Solar's" definition that is.

Nothing like entering a FFA game with no posted rules and some guy comes up and kills me right after I spawn. I don't care, because it's a FFA and I'll get him back. I kill the b@stered and the next thing I know he cries LAMER LAMER LAMER.... Some admin kicks me.

I hadn't noticed at the time, but everyone was storm troopers and asking for orders from some guy. It was the silliest thing I had ever saw. Was it posted that the server was a RPG server no? Was the silly saber down rule posted hmm no? No rules posted nothing to assume.

If you are going to have silly rules on your server other then the rules of the game type. Have them posted that way people who actually want to play the game won't bother joining and you will have to kick less people, because they were playing the game.

There is no HONOR. This is a Computer Game a FPS. Maybe if it was a RPG I would understand all the silly RPGing. It's not. I enter a server that is just FFA I mean everyone is running around shooting and sabering up a storm. There is always one guy that wants to cry "Lamer you have no honor" that type of crap. Then the kick votes start. I think this games biggest problem is it attracts more younger kids then young adults. They don't know the difference between a FFA and a RPG.

[sarcasm]shut up u are all l4m3r n00biez with no honor[/sarcasm]

edit: this topic has been discussed many times in the JO forums. I think we came to the conclusion that whining n00bs who call people lamer, make fun of their sexual preferences and tell them that they have no honor suck.

I'm always called a noob I'm always in the top 5. Not that it means anything. I would think if I was a noob I wouldn't get a high score. Sometimes I get the highest 2 maybe 3 times in a row and I'm am always the noob. I have been playing sence JKII came out. How long do I have to play to not be a noob?:confused:

I get called a noob for using guns on servers with 70% of the players are using guns... I play on servers that have guns; however, and not saber servers. If you want to fight with sabers? I have noticed there is more then enough of them go there and leave this one alone. Most of my kills are people attacking me and people talking trash to me.

I love the ones that say "why don't you fight like a man?" I can't this a computer game; however, if you want to come to my apartment I will be more then happy to show you some Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The "fight like a man" guys always have 2 or 3 kills maybe even

-1 kills it's so pathetic.

One guy said this to me "I haven't seen you use a saber once Jack. Why don't you fight like a man" At the end of the game I had the highest score the next guy was 6 points below me and the "fight like a man" guy had 2 kills. I told him hey dude I made one kill with a saber just for you and that is 1/2 of all your kills. LOL :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to figure out at which point Maul, Dooku, Vader or Palpatine showed ANY remote semblance of honor...

Saber down = peace? Fine, you go try that in single player and if you can prove to me that no one attacks you, then I'll follow that rule.

For me, the standard laming arguments (attacking when not ready, not bowing, attacking when saber down) is not laming, I'm just RP'ing the Dark Side :rolleyes:

The ONLY time I won't attack someone is if they step OUT OF THE FIGHT and the chat bubble comes up, then I patiently wait till they're done.

The REAL laming comes in from people who move spam (lunge, roll stab, lunge..come on guys, I'm sick of running around waiting for you to stop, you're never gonna hit me) or the people who use the high mouse sensitivity or yawspeed exploits and just spin in rapid circles during their attacks. (That's just ghey and I'm pretty sure NOT what the guys at Raven had in mind)

yeah, down with lamers, whiners, and complainers.

except when they're whining about lamers.

and not the so-called true lamer - the one with no honor...the n00b. i'm talkin' -- well -- us, i guess. :)

i mean this is like some revolution. i use to be whiner. i would try to defend the code, fight like a man, so on. lightning? NEVER.

until today. :D

i went friggin nuts. i i blew two people up who were "whispering" to each other, then used lightning to dispatch the 2 winners of a nasty saber brawl. 4 cheap kills in like 5 seconds....

my eyes have been opened. luc solar is a savior. i will continue my jaunts into the world of the "lamer" --

-- till i'm kicked. :rolleyes:

BANTHA POODOO NO MORE! I'M A PIT DROID!!! :smirk2:

Lamer=RPGER/Newbie term

Luc Solar is right about people whining too much in ffa servers.

What was mentioned isn't even half of what they whine about though. People complain about me using guns, not dueling, and killing them (in the open while they are saber fighting).

I keep asking these newbies why they don't go to a duel server if they want to go around the map with their saber off to find duels, why they don't go to a sabers only server if they don't like guns, and why they don't just play a game like everquest. I never get answers just more complaints. So after awhile I get sick of these people and ignore everyone else in the server and hunt them down just to kill them constantly so they will leave.

I really don't have much of a problem with these people because they usually end up motivating me to play in the pubs more just so I can make them more angry and upset.

Originally posted by GEEZus

People complain about me using guns, not dueling, and killing them (in the open while they are saber fighting).

I keep asking these newbies why they don't go to a duel server if they want to go around the map with their saber off to find duels, why they don't go to a sabers only server if they don't like guns, and why they don't just play a game like everquest. I never get answers just more complaints. So after awhile I get sick of these people and ignore everyone else in the server and hunt them down just to kill them constantly so they will leave.

Dude you really need to stop pretending you're me. lol:p

What's almost funny is going to a server where everyone is saying "BOW" "BOW" 'BOW" and acting like a newbie and asking

"why do you bow?"

"blah blah blah respect blah blah blah"

"Then why don't you bow after a duel?"

"..."

Also, people in Duel mode need to be more considerate. I'm on a server waiting to fight and the duelers start walking towards each other, bowing as they come, slowly slowly, and I'm thinking "There are other poeple waiting to fight! Just fight you idiots!" :p

If someone turns their sabre off, I cut them in half. If they start complaining, I tell them to go watch ANH and find the part where Vader spares Kenobi's life. Then cut them in half while they try and type back at me.

I have very few morals, so there's no way I'd ever have actual honour.

I like that [NO HONOUR] thing. Perhaps I should incorporate something similar into my name next time I go FFAing.

Unless it's a clan tag, in which case I won't :)

There was a clan/group thing a few guys started a few months back dedicated to "laming" and the tag was lm3r.:.<name> (minus the < and >). Was kinda cool and got a few funny responses out of some "tru honor jedis" in pubs back in jk2 such as "KICK THE LAMER" right after I connect, and so on.

My quick and easy definition of "laming" is this:

"Doing anything that makes me lose or look bad in front of my friends."

It's the mournful cry of sore losers everywhere...

Nowhere in those rules did it say "chat to your opponents and walk honourably saber down until 20 minutes is up and you all have a honourable tie with 0 points". Therefore, if you chat or walk around saber down you are not following the rules nor trying to reach the objective. That makes YOU a lamer.

An excellent point. The "h0n0r" folk are actually being the lamers, not the people they accuse!

Dear god I love those saber only servers that have nades/mines and det packs enabled.

That one FFA map with the lava pit and the big "duel pad" in the center is my favorite.

I spent an hour on some server yesterday standing on the roof just tossing nades down at the people around the "pad" watching 2 guys duel.

That and the oh so sweet...

"server: clientban 2"

Broadcasts I see constantly.

The noobs are helpless w/o their admin mods so they have to put up with my verbal abuse as well.

:D

The game play may suck in JA for us competitive players, but damn is it fun just to go around annoying the hell out of people while armed with a blank name, semi invisible player model, handful of grenades and a foul mouth.

:D:cool:

Just a few minutes ago I was playing a FFA. It was going ok and some guy said "you lamed me" not at me at someone else. I immediately replied "kick the cry baby" At a loss the vote function was disabled; however, that might be why there was more players then criers. On the server. Then the game was over I was 3rd I entered the game late.:(

The next game I won, but the guy who won the previous game started calling me names like pansy and so on. Funny it didn't matter how he won as long as he was the only one doing it. I just replayed by saying looser every time I killed him. lol He left after he lost that game. The sever had allot tuffer players then I'm use too. The usual noob servers are ruining my skills. lol

Then the people crying dual me Jack dual me blah blah...... I lost it there. Asked them to read the rules for FFA. If they want to dual go to a dual server.... If your getting your ass kicked shut up and take it. When I do I just type "LOL" Why? Because it's a game it doesn't mean anything.:o

The game play may suck in JA for us competitive players, but damn is it fun just to go around annoying the hell out of people while armed with a blank name, semi invisible player model, handful of grenades and a foul mouth.

Sounds like you might be crossing a fine line there somewhere, but that's just me.

So thanks to your dislike of the "non-competative" nature of the game you instead "play" at being a jerk to people on purpose?

Though I think that would be less "lame" than kicking people for winning or "whoring/spamming" like a lot of sore losers do or demanding you bow or something like that.

There is a difference between playing the game and not playing the game. Using the example the thread starter used about "not following the rules" by using "honor" and that sort of thing, I think what you proposed would be more in line with that. But only because you purposely use exploits in the game to annoy people.

Take away the blank name, semi-invisible skin and foul mouth part and I would have no problem with that though.

Sounds like you might be crossing a fine line there somewhere, but that's just me.

LOL! Yeah well.. he is definitely beyond all hope. :D Perhaps two wrongs don't make a right but it sure gives us a few good laughs. The poor noobs have no-one but theirselves to blame though.

I did notice your name is Luc Solar [NO HONOUR] or something like that in game.

I did use that name sometime in JO but I doubt I have used it on any of the 3 times I've played JA online...though I could be wrong. That's me nevertheless. Luc[insert current mood]Solar. :) And just for the record: No, I'm not any good. :D

The thing is... if unnamed wanted to lame me, it would not be so easy. Why? Because I don't exect him to honour my non-willingness to fight or the chat box above my head. If I die while typing, I respawn. That's it. No need to flip out. If unnamed puts 9 detpacks around me while I type and blows me half way across the map, I'll surely be laughing my ass off. If unnamed rips me apart with some combo over and over again, I'll try to learn it and consider it a good day that made me a better player.

Beig an ass online is a different thing, however. If unnamed called me a fag and told me to GTFO after every time he killed me, I'd probably find another place to play. If people are acting like jerks, I'm not having much fun. I want to hear a "damn you hahaha!" or a "gg/gf/n1/lol", not the elitist "get some skill noob" or the usual "whinebitchmoan-you have no honour you lamed me".

I doubt I have met but a few "elites" and those guys don't seem to speak much. They're probably too busy playing. The "get some skill noob"-comment and the "he lamed me"-whining comes from the same crowd: the people who just got killed by me.

I really do not act like a jerk when I lame, at least not in a serious sense.

If I went into a server and started making racial slurs or just being flat out vulgar for no reason, I agree that is not cool.

But when I see a bunch of people standing around, saber off in a big crowd, then I see a det pack sitting two feet away... it's just hard to resist. The temptation is just too strong, and my will too weak.

:p

And yeah I do use some coarse language at times but I don't really see it as being even half as bad as the things the "honor" people are calling me.

I toss a nade at some semi-afk guy who happens to be admin.

Him: "YOU MOTHER<bleep> LAMER"

Me: "shut up <bleep>head."

Him: "<bleep> YOU!"

"server: clientban 3"

Me: "gj <bleep>, now I'm going to shove a pack of these trip mines up your <bleep>"

That is what I meant by having to take my verbal abuse.

Basically I get to respond to his insults with my own, all the while with out being banned.

That is kind of nice for a change...

I mean if I go to a server and every person is playing, I play too.

I never mess with people until they start in with the "WTF YOU <bleep> <bleep> MY SABER WAS DOWN!" stuff.

Same goes for people with a sense of humor.

I drop a det pack on a guys head and he laughs about it or does not care, I leave him alone.

It's the ones who flip out and act like jerks that get terrorized by me.

Archived