Home

New Tavion Request...

leXX

Lex, do this, find tavions skin file in the assets0.pk3 and load it in notepad. It should be called model_default.skin or something like that... find where it talks about shoulderpads, and erase most of what it says, and type nodraw there.

[edit] hang on, what i said was incomplete... ill get back with you later lexx.

Ok, do this, open the assets0.pk3 file in winzip (keep in mind, i dont have JA yet, but jk2 and ja are basically the same thing ;) )

sort the files by directory, scroll down till you see the models directory. I know theres a different tavion in JA, but im not sure what its called, im thinking it was called tavion_new? Anyways, the directorys should be something like models\players\tavion_new\ then all the files should be listed, you should see some .jpg files, a .glm and some .skin files. Now then, extract the model_default.skin and keep the directories the same. (models\players\tavion_new\model_default.skin) put it in the base directory. Load up the skin file, and find where it talks about shoulder pad, leave where it says something like "shoulder_pads" and type nodraw. The only problem with that is, when tavion spawns, it will say at the top of the screen "couldnt find shader for nodraw" but it does away after a few seconds. If anything is wrong sorry, because im doing this off the top of my head, and also i dont have JA, and they most likley switched things around...

Originally posted by leXX

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about lol. :D

Just look at the new Tavion's jpg files. There doesn't seem to be any back in the skin. So if you turned the shoulder pads off, you would just see right through her since she has a huge unfinished hole in her back.

(Yeah, it's kind of hard to explain... :D )

Originally posted by InsaneSith

uhmmm I tried doing the surf for leXX but the tavion model is incomplete under the shoulder pads. Under the pads is nothing. So what she needs is someone to finish making tavions back after removing the pads :).

Oooh... I was right!

uhmmm I tried doing the surf for leXX but the tavion model is incomplete under the shoulder pads. Under the pads is nothing. So what she needs is someone to finish making tavions back after removing the pads :).

Is actually pretty easy then. Just copy and paste the skin. Too bad I even suck at that. :p

Originally posted by ZBomber

Is actually pretty easy then. Just copy and paste the skin. Too bad I even suck at that. :p

But it would have to be re-modelled to add in the rest of the back, right? Then it would have to be re-weighted, right? So then it might not be easy...

I guess I should have said that in the first place huh. :o

Thanks for all the advice, but like IS says, I need someone to complete the model and skin what's under the shoulder pads for me. :)

yes you have to finish the model and then skinmap it all over again since there is no upper back on the model.

Eek.... all that work for a removal of a patch. Ah well, thousands of mindless peopel all over the net. I'm sure you will ifnd one soon. Good luck leXX! :D

Originally posted by ZBomber

Eek.... all that work for a removal of a patch. Ah well, thousands of mindless peopel all over the net. I'm sure you will ifnd one soon. Good luck leXX! :D

Well thank you for those pearls of wisdom Z. They are gonna flock to do it for me after reading that. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all those who are willing to give it a go for me. :)

Originally posted by leXX

Well thank you for those pearls of wisdom Z. They are gonna flock to do it for me after reading that. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all those who are willing to give it a go for me. :)

hey, sorry leXX. I thoguht it sounded kinda offencive, but I ddin't mean it to sound like that. :(

I would help you, but, I have no clue how to model and stuff. :(

Archived