Home

Addon Map for duelling training.

i_saxen

I had an map to Jedi Outcast where you could practise swordfighting with some computer controlled bots.

It started with one or two enemys and after you killed them three or four new ones appared and it went on like that until all your'e power was gone and you died.

And my question is, are there any kind of addon like that to Jedi Academy available for downloading?

And if there is where can i find it and whats the name of the addon file.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Actually all duel servers with bots are like that, but I'm guessing you're referring to the famous "Ladder" SP Map (if you could call it that.. it was just "Pit" with a series of enemies spawning in that got harder and harder).

Don't think one has been made for JA yet...

Thats exactly what i meant Kurgan i forgot to mention that it was in SP and not MP.

It's a pitty since it was superb to use for practicing the movements and handling of the sword.

I have not tried to see if the addon i had for Outcast could work in Academy, but i suppose it wont.

Well i guess theres nothing else to do than to keep the eyes open for it in case someone should create such addon to JA.

Thanks anyway Kurgan.

Ummm... truth be told... if it worked in Outcast, it should work in JA... Just grab it and move it to the JA Base folder... I haven't tried it yet, but since it's the same engine and the inside of the base folder is constructed in the same exact way.

I'm not sure how entities are done, but it should all work...

The only problem would be that its a map that's not in JA, so it would require tweaking (and a SP map at that) which may not be possible unless you know the work-arounds for use with the JK2 tools and JA (since the JA specific mapping tools aren't released yet).

I'd of course mention that this level wouldn't be that great training for MP since it's SP, but that's besides the point. ; )

The map in the training mod to Outcast is not from the Outcast game it's a totaly new map (probably designed by the mod constructor him self).

It's was an kind of arena with an x-fighter standing in an corner with no other function than to use as an cover for example.

I will try to install the old mod as soon as i have finished the round i'm playing at the moment and let you know how it went.

And Kurgan you're right about the usefulness in MP since it's not the same with an human player vs computer controlled player.

But you learn to do the moves and the swordhandling right.

So when you use what you have practiced against another player in the MP you react more instinctively without having to think about the next move.

I know that for a fact since i was the one who every MP player used as an porkchop to train their sword on :-)

But after an small amount of practice in the mod i was no longer the one who constanly got choped up.

Archived