Home

i hate gym class

RicardoLuigi...

well, let me give you a little scoop of what happened the past two days in gym class-

monday, october 6, 2003:

we played softball. i'm playing (of course) right field, the one with less action. :rolleyes: the ball is pretty much bunted and stops rolling practically 30 feet in front of me. any idiot knows that i never participate in any activity in gym unless it's tennis or volleyball. everybody starts yelling at me. "why didn't you get it? what the hell is that?" i was just like "uhh...it's a game of softball in gym class. get a grip." and then of course everybody gets even more pissed. that's what happened.

tuesday, october 7, 2003:

softball again. today, i was forced to bat due to batting order. i hit the ball and ran to first. my teammates tell me i get a free base for reasons i don't know about so i go to second base. the other team tells me i don't. everybody's an alpha-male and a prick, so i just stay there because i know they're all retarded and have to have everything their way, but so do i. so the next person hits the ball and i run to third. the guy touches the base, and i don't know what's going on except that he touched the base while the ball was in his hands. so i thought i was out. for some reason, people are screaming i'm safe when i was only halfway there. so i'm standing there with everyone telling me to touch the base because the third-baseman didn't touch it. so i run back, but he tags me. so then everyone acts all pissed, a.k.a. "oh, come on" as well as deep sighing and acting like they have the right to be mad. i just said "oh boohoo let's all cry about it". and then everybody looks at me like i did something wrong. even though it was completely voluntary whether or not to bat yet i was forced to go up somehow (?).

anyway...my point is that i think p.e. should be completely voluntary for the following reasons:

1) it's not even factored into your gpa.

2) all it does is raise or lower your popularity because it shows how athletic you are.

3) it pisses everyone off when someone can't play (me)

4) it's not a law to have to be physically fit.

and yet you must take it every semester except for two semesters, which you're forced to take up with driver's ed and health. it's extremely lame and i can't stand it. i know there's a way to get out of it though, and it's something like if you have to make up credit for a certain class, you can go to the dean and replace p.e. with an academic class or something like that.

anyway...now it's everyone else's turn to rave about a subject that they hate and/or hated when they were still in school.

ok. .. but not that i hear one of you cry or complain if someday your arms and/or legs just fall off because you didnt used them proper. plus i dont wanna hear anything like "uhuhhuuuuu i'd like to take a walk on the beach like as i used to have legs.." :mad:

:)

Yeah P.E. was stupid. Somehow that story about softball seemed familiar. I never bothered to learn the rules either. I'm just lucky we don't have it in the final year.

But what I actually REALLY hate is finnish (my mother tongue). Those literature sessions are awful. You always have to be so artistic and creative, when the teacher asks something like: "What general theme did the main character's actions in this scene portray?" or "How did it relate to the societal conditions at the time of publication?". I DON'T GIVE A ****! Why can't I just read the goddamn book as entertainment and not seek for some hidden innuendo? If I wanted to seem smart I'd rather do for example maths.

the only memory i have of playing softball was when i took a swing at it with the bat, didn't hold on wuite hard enough, and flung the thing at a group of fielders.

I'll never forget the sight of people scattering like they'd just cut the wrong coloured wire on an expensive bomb.

Needless to say, i didn't play much after that

Happy days

I used to TRY to get kicked out of Gym class, but the teacher kicked all my freinds out instead, and passed me. I remember hanging from a bar, while the teacher asked me to do a pull-up. As I just hung there, I kept asking her when I could let go.

I never did a pull-up, and yet I still passed.

Then there was this one time, we were doing Archery, and I could not the target for ****. In a fit of rage, I dropped the bow, and through the arrow like a dart, and (no kidding) I made a bull's eye. The teacher then told me to turn in my equipment and walk the track for "improper use of equipment". She did not buy into my explenation of problem solving. My buddy, also through his bow down and did the same thing, BULL'S EYE!!! (no ****!) So she made him walk the track as well.

We walked half of the track, went to Burger King, and walked the last half just before the class ended. We were never caught. Those were the days...

Pfft, when I did PE no-one really cared if you did it or not, and you could do whatever you wanted.

Which meant that when the weather was nice I might play a bit of tennis (badly) or read a book somewhere if it was raining. ;

PE is generally stupid though... it should only be compulsary for the fat people. ;D

yeah, i also try to piss everyone off so that they don't involve me and i still get participation points for the class anyway :D take for example, nobody is standing within a 30-foot radius of me during a game of marine football (and this actually happened). the guy with the ball is just standing there looking for someone in the endzone when i'm wide open. he doesn't pass. however, this happened again, and this time i said to pass it to me, so he passed it, and my friend came up to block the ball so i didn't catch it. :D now nobody passes to me so i can stand around and talk with people and stuff. :) of course, that's only during football. in games with batting orders (softball, baseball, kickball, etc.) i go up and either strike out or hit it and then half-jog to first base and then i get out. and i don't care if anybody gets pissed at me because they can't really do anything. my social status is already non-existent, so it's not like it'll begin to degenerate or something like that :rolleyes:

The school system is messed up in england. For a-levels (the last thing you do before uni or leaving full time edu) we choose 4 AS levels. At the end of one year, we drop one of them and carry on the other three for a full A level. Annoyingly, I quite one last year and now they expect me to do general studies in it's place. I have no need for it, most universeties don't take it as a real a level and it's a waste of my time. What's the point.

I used to do gym, it was fun because we had the gym teacher wrapped around out little fingers and we did whatever we wanted.

Today, we did wrestling. Sucked Balls! My friend kept yelling at me to do the right thing, so I acted like I was going for the legs, and went straght for his cojones. Didn't get in trouble, either.

I't times like that I wish I was a girl and did self defence.

The things I'm forced to do.

Gym class is a sinch compared to my soccer. I'm forced to run 2 mile run's...and am told that I am supposed to run it in less than 12 minutes.

Keep in mind that I am a Monkey Island fanatic. One that does stuff like that is bound to be in terrible shape. I managed to run the 2 mile in 12:40 last time.

When you do it, it feels like you're being set on fire. Never, Ever attempt.

Originally posted by ErnilPherianath

The things I'm forced to do.

Gym class is a sinch compared to my soccer. I'm forced to run 2 mile run's...and am told that I am supposed to run it in less than 12 minutes.

Keep in mind that I am a Monkey Island fanatic. One that does stuff like that is bound to be in terrible shape. I managed to run the 2 mile in 12:40 last time.

When you do it, it feels like you're being set on fire. Never, Ever attempt.

Holy GOD! TWO MILES!? Eek. We have to run a mile four times a year for fitness testing. But in grade 11, I don't have to do gym anymore. Grr, they've made gym count as a credit, my aunt was going to tell me I could fail it. But noooo.

Originally posted by AshleyJo

Holy GOD! TWO MILES!? Eek. We have to run a mile four times a year for fitness testing.

We had fitness testing in the lovely form of a Cooper's test . It was pure murder. Hated every minute of it every time we did it. Though I did make 2600m.

Archived