Home

Funny CBB admin kicker

VanishingVision

HAHA I just got kicked from a jump/offence/defense/throw duel server by the admin who I was fighting at the time for using force throw... he was using it as much as I was and just running around. Get this, then he lowers the force regen time to 0!!!! so he could do infinite katas & throws... lol. So I begin to chuck away ... I win the round [and the game btw] then he boots me calling me a throw whore... IF YOU DONT' WANT SABER THROW ON YOUR OWN SERVER .... then DON'T ENABLE IT! ...

In short, don't visit the CBB servers unless you want to be kicked for using an ability that they allow themselves to use but not you ^_^

Enjoy the good laugh and the warning,

-VanishingVision

Originally posted by VanishingVision

HAHA I just got kicked from a jump/offence/defense/throw duel server by the admin who I was fighting at the time for using force throw... he was using it as much as I was and just running around. Get this, then he lowers the force regen time to 0!!!! so he could do infinite katas & throws... lol. So I begin to chuck away ... I win the round [and the game btw] then he boots me calling me a throw whore... IF YOU DONT' WANT SABER THROW ON YOUR OWN SERVER .... then DON'T ENABLE IT! ...

In short, don't visit the CBB servers unless you want to be kicked for using an ability that they allow themselves to use but not you ^_^

Enjoy the good laugh and the warning,

-VanishingVision

I've always felt that they should make a mod that KICKS the admin off of a server, for use only like once a day, just for sweet revenge :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Sgt. Antronch

what if you have a smart admin?

no offense but 99.99999% of jk2/ja admins don't even know how to ban in the quake 3 engine via console.

I'm not saying they are stupid, I think this is due to most of them coming from the jk1 community into JO, as opposed to coming from other FPS's.

When you go to any other quake 3 engine based game like MOHAA, RTCW, SoF2 all the admins know basic stuff like how to ban in base game play, but in jk2/ja most of them have no clue about that and many other things related to the console.

I mean still to this day, jk2/ja is the only q3 engine game where the "type disco for a cool effect" trick still works on players.

no offense but 99.99999% of jk2/ja admins don't even know how to ban in the quake 3 engine via console.

I'm not saying they are stupid, I think this is due to most of them coming from the jk1 community into JO, as opposed to coming from other FPS's.

Well in a way the status/clientkick system is sort of like how I remember Kicker Helper from the JK/MotS days.

In the game normally you had to type kick <name> to eject somebody, but of course people quickly learned that big long names with lots of complicated ascii characters made it near impossible for them to get booted.

So Kicker Helper was born as an addon for admins to block cheats and rename players to numbers and then boot them that way. It also kept a running list of players in a game.

So in that respect it shouldn't be any big surprise... this is more like an evolution of that system.

I will admit right now though that I wasn't big into the Quake series. I just caught the tail end of Q3 and I barely touched the console. I've learned a lot since then and I'm still learning.

It seems half the value of these games is just messing with the settings to tweak it to just the right flavor. The same goes with a good server....

I agree though, a server that relies on the mob rule of the "vote kick" to admin itself is really a waste most of the time.

Archived