Home

The Danni Quee Fan club

Master_Keralys

Okay, am I the only one who thinks that Danni Quee rocks? Okay, I admit, I loved Tenel Ka, she was awesome. She also lost an arm an became queen. So, like it or not, she's not really in Jacen's life anymore. Danni is. And, she's an astrophysicists, probably one of the most brilliant scientists in the galaxy. She's got the Force. And she's obviously stunning. All hail Danni Quee!

Um, well, shes not bad. Not much has been written about her beyond her being a brilliant scientist, and nothing really serious has developed in the Jacen-Danni relationship. As much as I dislike it, I hope they write more about their relationship in the future, after NJO. Maybe Jacen and Jaina can have a dual wedding or something equally extravagant. :p

• 2 weeks later...

For some very strange reason, every time I read about Danni, I picture Ezri Dax from DS9. I think this is because I was reading Vector Prime and watching DS9 when Ezri came on the scene at about the same time..... But Danni is blonde to begin with... She does have the award for "Crappiest Depiction on Novel Cover" award, for that poor effort on "Reunion"

Speaking of novel covers, who the hell thinks that is Danni on the japanese 'refugee' cover. Thats Wynssa Fel for petes sake, right next to her dad, Soontir fel, who looks like Tommy Lee Jones with a handlebar moustache !!!! Wyn Fel is hot - who wants to start a fan club for her !!!!???

Danni is one of those chicks who would probably be fun to know in real life(there is a very real/human quality to her depiction), but - most will go for Mara Jade any day..........see the poll in this forum !

MTFBWYA

See, Tenel Ka was cool, but her personality somehow didn't fit Jacen as well. DAnni, however, just seems human - special, but human. And Zekk was only cool in the YJK. In the NJO, he is just annoying.

See my post in the poll for further explanation. There's no way that's Wyn Fel. She's twelve, for pete's sake!!!! No twelve-year-old girl has that kind of figure, of that kind of maturity in facial features. And the picture matches Danni's description.

Ok, Keralys, I've sent a message to the foreign covers staff at theforce.net. who can unequivocally confirm if it is Quee or not.

It just doesnt make sense though, she did *F* all in Refugee except help look for Zonama Sekot, whereas Wynssa was in that abduction subplot, and shared alot of dialogue with Jacen. No source has stated she was 12. Refugee describes her as in her early teens(which could mean 12!)....I'll let you know what I find out !!

MTFBWYA

Okay, I found a better quote: p. 185 of Refugee: "...a blond human girl who looked to be in her early teens ... in a black uniform that looked like a miniature version of the CEDF dress code." (Italics added for emphasis).

I'm interested to see what the people over at theforce.net have to say, but how many early teen-aged girls do you know that look like that, hmm?

I also find it interesting that, although her age is never given, the book always refers to her as a girl, not a young woman or even an adolescent.

And another good quote, a little bit later, Jacen noticing that she looked "... like a schoolgirl trying to impersonate a Grand Moff..." Again, italics added for emphasis. He also thinks of her as "one so young". (Both from p.240). Then, on p. 250, he thinks "...how young she was, hovering on the cusp of adolescence". I look forward to confirmation, but to me that sounds a little too young to have a figure that full and developed.

Danni may not have done much, but she's becoming more important both to the story and to Jacen. She did help make a couple of critical discoveries in the book, too, so... That's just my take on it.

Ive posted this in the "hottest chicks" thread too, but I would like to set the record straight re - Danni Quee vs Wyn Fel on the Japanese cover of refugee. PX from theForce.net foreign covers has been nice enough to send a prompt and unequivocal reply to my query !!

Well, it's Danni. If you need proof, just have a look at this unused cover that was originally supposed to be used on the cancelled Knightfall trilogy :

http://tnielsen.com/artists/nielsen/art/tnknightfall.jpg

The book was supposed to be centered on Danni Quee and a new Jedi called Jordallen (or something like that, I don't remember exactly how he was to be called), and set where Edge of Victory took place.

Hope it clears everything up.

PX

So kids, continue to drool in Danni's direction.

Keralys, I stand corrected. But ya gotta admit, she did *F* all in the book ! She doesnt deserve to be on the cover IMHO ! All water under the bridge now,,,,,

MTFBWYA

*goes back to dreamin about Mara*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I think it seems inevitable that Jacen is going to end up with "The Science Chick" (aka Danni Quee)..... I just think their temperaments are a bit too similar and would make it a bit boring from a storyline point of view....if you look at most SW couples there is always one who is a bit fiery and the more reserved counter part.....

examples.... (listed : calmer , fiery respectively, IMO :D)

Luke and Mara

Leia and Han

Jag and Jaina(a bit of a closer call, but i think Jag is just more mature than Jaina...)

Winter and Tyco

Tendra and Lando

Corran and Mirax --- yes, too close to call, although Corran is definitely more pragamatic than his Corsec days....

3po and artoo :) (3po isnt necesarily calmer, but definitely more reserved !!)

------

Here's an excerpt from the upcoming, "Shattered Solitide : The Hijinx of Jacen and Dannii" by A. T Seven

"Jacen sat with his legs crossed, contemplating the events of the morning. Master Durron's words played heavily on his mind. He was reminded of his time on Yuzhantaar, and the ambivalent wisdom of his one time master, Vergere.

Danni sat at a workbench a few meters away, datapads strewn in something of an organised chaos. She was reviewing the results of a spore analysis, taken from various locations of Coruscant. Despite outward indications, the once city-planet seemed to be regenerating in an unorthodox fashion...."

------

..I mean, I like Jacen and Danni, but it would be more fun reading about him shacked up with Tenel Ka :)

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Master_Keralys

..... I think that as she finishes her training as a Jedi, she's going to be awesome. Moreover, it's nice to see someone break the mold.

Just because Danni is force sensitive doesnt mean she'll be a jedi.... unless she can be a geeky jedi scientist, like Tionne is the jedi librarian...... I cant remember her putting up a good fight in any of the NJO so far, and we know what happens to her in Reunion.....

MTFBWYA

• 2 weeks later...

Got me there, Astro. But you cheated, and you know it, you little villian. I only read TUF a week ago... that was actually one of the few things I think Luceno didn't nail, besides the NJO as a whole. There was a lot of development that could have been done with DQ, and she really could have been one of the series' most interesting characters. You've also got a point about Reunion, but it's not really her fault. As we saw early in the book, Sekot could have done that to any of them...

I don't think we'll be seeing a ton more of her, but what with Troy Denning's upcoming (grr... not till '05) trilogy, you never know.

PS - astro, I'm going to update that Hero/Genius of the NJO thread tomorrow, so watch for that. I've got new data and whatnot since I read TUF and everything...:cool:

• 1 year later...

Archived