Home

In ref to update on CL_ParsePacketEntities

Losonos

Just an FYI Raven may want to rethink the policy on this particular error. I have the retail version and am behind a Linksys BEFSR81 router, this particular router has had problems with certain games (Counter-Strike in particular) when it comes to hosting servers.

It's fully up to date as far as firmware is concerned, but I get this CL_ParsePacketEntities error even when i'm on the same class-C as the dedicated server, and the dedicated server is downloaded from gamespy.

And before anyone screams Warez, I host a server on another connection that is retail only and is in my sig if you want to verify =P

This could have been done in a PM sent to me rather than a blatant breaking of the rule, but I'll allow this ONE THREAD.

We've heard a bit of info like you just said, but I can't confirm it (don't have the hardware), etc.

We can't provide tech support on it if we don't know the problem, all we know is that Raven's position is that it's an illegal exe (and that's what probably causing the majority of people's problems anyway).

both my friend and I have legal copies of JA (in fact I own 2 so we can play over my LAN) and I have a Linksys firewall/ router as well. While I never get the CL_ParsePacketEntities error, my friend gets it when he tries to join a server that I host, as far as I know I've opened the appropriate ports and he has no trouble joining most servers on the internet, I have no problems either and I can usually join a server he hosts it's only when he trys to join my server that the problem occurs. Since we usually play over my lan or I join a server he creates or we both join a public internet server, the error isn't really a problem and I'm not in need of tech support for it, I'm just offering this info in support of those who may have this problem who actually own legal copies of the game and don't like to feel like criminals for something they can't explain. It seems the Linksys router might have something to do with this problem for those of us who get it with legal copies of the game

Archived