Home

Simon Jeffery resigns abruptly?

Erwin_Br

DasJan posted this news on AdventureGamers forums, quoted from the LA Times:

The president of LucasArts Entertainment Co., Simon Jeffery, abruptly resigned. A company spokeswoman would not say why he resigned or who would replace him at the San Rafael, Calif., game publisher he led for more than three years.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/technology/?track=mainnav-technology

I guess that's pretty shocking news. I wonder why he resigns if it's true...

--Erwin

Well it's easy to speculate. LucasArts has had extreme highs and extreme lows in the past few months. Galaxies and Knights of the Old Republic had record sales, while RTX Red Rock and Full Throttle 2 failed miserably.

What can you say? Let's just hope they find a new president who is familiar with and embraces the LucasArts legacy like Simon did. He will be missed.

I'm throwing my hat into the ring to take the reigns of LucasArts.

I think it'd be a fun thing to do before the new president comes in and while Mixnmojo is in its semi-down time. A way to gain interest back into getting people back to the site and to the boards. Maybe all the webmasters and high heads should start campaigning and tell what they would do, although it would be heavily adventure biased and less Star Wars.

The Washington Recall... or....well, just a Mixnmojo Election.

Behold the glorious legacy that Simon Jeffrey has left for us all in his three short years as President!

Escape From Monkey Island

Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine

Star Wars: Demolition

Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo

Star Wars: Episode I: Jedi Power Battles

Star Wars: Episode I: Racer

Star Wars: Force Commander

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

Star Wars: Obi-Wan

Star Wars: Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II

Star Wars: Starfighter

Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter

Star Wars: Racer Revenge

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb

RTX Red Rock

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

And to look forward to!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Armed & Dangerous

Gladius

Sam N Max 2

Thanks, Simon! You will be missed!

I think that the new president should be a massive Star Wars fan. I mean, lets face it, with Episode III on the way LucasArts are going to be making many many more Star Wars games for at least another 4 years or so. This way, at least the Star Wars games they do make could be good. When the Star Wars thing dies down again, hopefully LucasArts will go back to adventure games again. I mean, when were all the classic adventures made? 1988-1997ish - ie, after the Star Wars movies. In 1998 Episode I was announced and the world went Star Wars mental again, and LucasArts had a duty to make games to satisfy the fans.

Only time will tell.

Archived