Home

droideka model

Duncan_10158

the droideka model is a projekt i am working on quite a long time, but since JA and the vehicles i got a great step forward. so now i want to show you what i am working on and bring up some questions we need to solve, so we will enjoy the droideka in future MP games.

here two pics first:

droideka_06.jpg

droideka_07.jpg

there are some older pics on my project site too.

http://io.meskinaw.net/droid-proj.php

the droideka is working as a vehicle in JA quite well, but there are still some things i dlike to solve.

fist, all vehicles are not turing when not moving, even there is a parameter in the .veh file. turnWhenstoped, but it seams not ot work, does somebody bring a vehicle to turn when standing?

second, when a droideka is rolling, it normaly cant shot. how could i code or add something in a file so the droideka dont fire when rolling. i thought of letting the weaponmuzzles disappear while it is in rolling animation, but how? i tried to delete it while animating, but the tag was deleted totaly. is here a good 3ds max animator who knows this detail in animation. or somebody how know an other solution.

third, shields. it would be fun if the droideka had an energyshield, there is something like that on the starship vehicles like the lamdashuttle. does somebody know how it work, and if its possible to deactivat while rolling.

fourth, toggle walking/running. does somebody know how to permanenty change the moving mode? i have set it so that when i want to walk i have to hold >shift<. in JO it was possible to use >caps lock<, does that work in JA somehow? i couldnt figure that out :(

i am planing to make the droideka very strong when standing and shoting but slow when walking. when it turns to rolling mode, it should be not able to fire and be quite vulnerable.

i dont know if this all is possible without coding the JA source, but it definitly is fun already. any comments, suggestions?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I have a three day weekend and no money so I'll just be spending it at home so if you want you could send it to me and i can try my hand at fixing it up some, and the turn while stop only works in SP, not MP. I don't know why they didn't add it's function in MP. Probably because most people using them would be running around like in seige when you get the speeder you'd be moving the whole time so you could win... but if you want I can try my hand at it. I've always been wanting the droideka, I remember when you started the model in JO.... wow, time flies by sometimes. anyway enough nostalgia. glad to hear it's working pretty well.

Originally posted by The Cheat

i was just wondering, would there be a way to turn the little bar off that is on the bottom? im guessing it would be like view something or something like that

i dont know, i havent tried to deactivat it yet. on the other side it gives you importent information. as i have the droideka set now, it can shot about 10 seconds, the he have to recharge, its good to see that on the bars.

InsaneSith, i still need to do some more animation an bring the skin to a testable stage, but i could sent you an in work version if you realy have no money for going out this week end :)

Originally posted by t3rr0r

looking great, duncan. will it be able to fire from both arms? if possible, you should try and have the blasters stagger the shots (left, right, left, right, etc.).

in fact my droideka is fireing from four blasters on both arms. and its staggering this way upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, etc :)

i just needed to add four muzzles, that was it.

Originally posted by CraZy_B

The assassin_droid in JA has a fine energy shield. It would work for the droideka as well (i think)if you could remove the electrical effect.

yeah, i tought of that to. i will try to extract the model and see how it works. that effect would look good. i hope its not coded somehow.

Originally posted by Duncan_10158

in fact my droideka is fireing from four blasters on both arms. and its staggering this way upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, etc :)

i just needed to add four muzzles, that was it.

sounds sweet.

If you want an energy shield like the Assasin Droid, wouldn't there be a line in it's NPC file which allows that shield. ?

Im going to look through all the npcs today, i just extracted the entire Assets1.pk3, thats 700+ meg wasted. :D

ok well i'm looking at the games animevents.cfg file and animation.cfg file. I must say this is incredibly huge... some of it I cannot make out what it does. I'm gonna play around with some stuff in the veh file since that's the stuff i mostly know right now.

I'm wondering if there are things that i should add to the animation.cfg file for the droideka... I'm not sure, anyway I'll keep in touch with you duncan.

ATST_vehicle

{

weapon WP_BOWCASTER

weapon WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER

weapon WP_EMPLACED_GUN

playerModel atst

playerTeam TEAM_FREE

enemyTeam TEAM_FREE

class CLASS_VEHICLE

height 272

width 80

health 3000

}

hmmm perhaps it's the emplaced gun part that allows it to be aimable also... just a thought.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, its time to come back to this. i have still to do the skins and make a usable verson of a deflector shield. now with the JA sdk released we can make the droideka work the way it should. is there a coder who could help me to code a new vehicle class for the droideka? if you are a coder or now somebody who could help me, contact me.

what we need to make the vehicle class to work like:

1. make to use other or all animations finish the hole sequence. now a vehicles amiation is interuped trough a new comand, it should be possible to code it so an animation have to be finished befor a new one can be executed. this to show the hole stand-to-role animation befor it can role. same with standing up.

2. make the droideka not be able to shoot while in rolling mode. thats its weakness.

3. make the deflector shield be active in standing mode and not active in rolling mode. visualy i alredy did this, but we need it be in the code. the droideka should have some shield points to protect it when standing and those points shouldnt be taken into account when taking damage in roling mode.

4. make the droideka turning when standing. also it should be possible to sett some bones of the model to follow the crosshair like it works on the ATSTs guns. this would be cool for vertical and horizontal aiming.

5. make all sounds be usable, so we can use completly new once.

it would be cool if we could set the vehilce up so it works with and without the mod, modelers can then use the vehicle in thier maps and can decide if they will use the mod and meke their maps a mod or a simple map with a not that correctly working droideka.

last but nearly most importent, if we could figure out how to rise or eliminate the vehicle number limit. this has priorety, as long as there is this limit the players out there will not realy use vehicles, cause its too much work to keep an eye on their own vehicle number or they even dont know about that.

with new vehicle classes, we can make some realy cool vehicle models now. i got some alredy on my project plan :)

Thanks seks03, i hope with the help of the community we can change this vehicle limit and creat new vehicle classes. with this i hope we can make completly new animated vehicles or player models like ATTEs or ATATs. thanks again.

as soon i got the skin more or less finished i hope i can release a first beta version, so everone out there can see what i am talking about and what cool things now could get possible.

It doesnt look good! there was nobody contacting me about working we me on this project. only you, seks03, helped me to search for some help, thanks. i posted a thread on vehicle limit and on new vehicle classes, but nobody at least replied. i got lots of mails as reaction on seks03 post on jedimoves.com, but none offerd to help me, all asked me if i could do something for them.

i realy doubt about working on on my JA projects, i got so much to do on my other lives work and most of the JA projects i am working on is for others asking me for help. i am not sure if it has any sense if anyone (seks03, you surly not) is thinking only on thier own project. i dont know :confused:

Come on people help Duncan out, show some freaking gratitude for what all he is able to do and have done. Duncun, I will talk to the AOTC TC team, im sure they have some coders and would love to have a Destroy Droid among other things you plan to make.

Look, I was just trying to help...now, seeing as THAT didn't work, I will give you somthing I noticed. The shield is inherant to aircraft...perhaps taking a look at that coding could yield some clues. As for not firing, perhaps remove the firing tags? If that doesn't work, try changing the attack into a boost...if you figure out how to do that, then you probably could use that to turn the shields off and on as well...

Archived