:duel::lsduel::lightning:slsaber:

why has everyone got a droideka

and you,v got a great tester for models right here

and i,m i great fan of the droideka:lurkblast :axe1::beam2::borg1::jumpfire:

ps:when is the BETA testing or is it now or whatever

i just want to know because i,m interesdid

in going to the testing of an awsome model the droideka

and it woud be so cool

darthdoom, we are expecting your next ;)

Andy867, i wrote this young padawan about this request to get the droideka for testing. i told him he will surly get the chance when he honestly want to work with us and stop spamig, so i dont think he will spam on.

its the shields are reflecting some laser shots, but i thought this is only a visual effect. the vehcile is taking the same damage as it the reflection would be off. i am not sure about this. the shields are just taking a sertain amount of damage befor the health gets affected. so if a fighter has 100 shiled points it needs the same count of blaser shoots to take it down like player model with full shield. if there would be something like a shield_thoughness that reduces the damage that the shield takes, then we could have shield with same point count but different strengh. like it is now we can make this difference ony by shield points. but as i said, i am not sure about this.

btw, Andy867, did you had the time to take a look at the shader for the droideka and Hailfire you told me about? those things that the shadows doesnt look strange on it?

its the shields are reflecting some laser shots, but i thought this is only a visual effect. the vehcile is taking the same damage as it the reflection would be off. i am not sure about this.

No, actually blaster shots really do just bounce off the shileld - in exactly the same way they bounce of the hull of an AT-ST for example.

You can stop this bouncing by altering a parameter in the .veh file.

I believe I called it something like 'AllowDamageToShields'. This needs to be set to 1 to stop the bouncing effect.

...and I know for a fact that that parameter actually does work ;)

sorry for the timeing i was a bit late for school

and also you know you are creating about 1000 projects

could you model a super battle droid

ps:i would refer to my self as a eager young master

i maybe small but yoda was small but he is awsome

with a light saber and he was a master but i,m not 999999999999999999999 years old

:fett:

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

No, actually blaster shots really do just bounce off the shileld - in exactly the same way they bounce of the hull of an AT-ST for example.

You can stop this bouncing by altering a parameter in the .veh file.

I believe I called it something like 'AllowDamageToShields'. This needs to be set to 1 to stop the bouncing effect.

...and I know for a fact that that parameter actually does work ;)

thats great, so the droideka shield cant take lot more damage when people are attacking with light blasters. rockets and heavy weapons dont bounce off. great. so we i will set the droidekas shield points about the amount Andy867 suggested. the parameter i wanted to set would have been much to high. Thanks Andy and Phunk.

i,v just try,d the droideka

but there are a couple of bugs dd like to point out

shots when rolling but i don,t mind that much but still

i,m

being honest

also i ran over alora bot and once i had done that my shield started to cange colors blue,brown ext.

but the blasters are perfect they and this is only my opinyon

give a realistick afect just the right rate of fire

also i thought you could make dirent versions with diffrent weapons but you don,t have to

just a thought

i,ll just go and play with it in diffrent maps

see ya

[Edit: hey duncan i,v heard that you made a totorial for modeling if you do can you sent it to me at nicki.myers@ntlworld.com and also ive heard about a hailfire droid are you makeing one or is it just me]

[super Mod's Note: Please use the EDIT Button to edit posts instead of spamming the boards. This is your final notice

OK - I've found and sorted the ramming problem.

I've added a vehicle parameter called:

SpeedMultiplierForRamDamage

Whatever you set this to will be multiplied by the speed the vehicle is travelling at when ramming - and this will become the ram damage caused.

For the moment, I've set the droideka value to 0.1.

So this means that when the droideka is travelling at full roll (speed 500), 50 pts damage will be inflicted.

If the droideka is walking (speed 125), then 13 pts damage will be inflicted.

Did you still need me to look into this shield recharge issue Duncan? From your last post, it sounds like there may be something you realised which means the shield is OK now...?

RenegadeOfPhunk, Yeah, it would be good if you take a look into the shield regenatrating thing. Andy867 was right in not setting the droideka shield points to hight, but the shield regen should take about 10 to 15 seconds from empty to full. now it takes about 2 to 4 seconds to regenerate it full, whats to fast in my oppinion. with a rocket launcher you cant destroy a droideka if its shields are regenerating that fast.

it lools like the shield regen has a max setting of 1000, if you could change that to 10000 or make it somehow work like its 10000. Thanks

Originally posted by RenegadeOfPhunk

OK - I've sorted the recharge thing.

...1000 ms is now REALLY slow - I reakon you want it around 100ms or so, but that's just a guess...

...I'll check this stuff in to the OJP respository shortly...

i am not sure if i understand you right, you think 1000 ms is to slow to regenerate the shield? thats a second, right? you want to have it regenerate faster?

i thought of slower regen, so it takes about 15 seconds to regen the shields from zero to full. if you could add a parameter that alows a wide range of regen, from very fast (less then 1 second to full) to very slow (minutes to regen the shields full).

the ShieldRechargeMS setting determines how long it takes to recharge one point of shield power. (At least, it will do with my new, fixed code. In base JKA, it doesn't do anything like what it should do...)

...so if the shield is - say - 100 points, and you want to recharge the shield - from empty to full - in 10 seconds, you'll want to set ShieldRechargeMS to 100 (10 shield pts. per seond)

..if your shield is 200 pts, you'll need to set it to 50ms (20 shield pts. per second)

...basically, my fix will allow you do what your wanting to do :)

RenegadeOfPhunk, did you already put all the code togheter? if so, i would realy like to put all our things together so we get the final version and can send it to OJP for release. we can do the release as we discussed it once.

also to all the others that took part on the beta testing and balancing, if you got anything (moded veh files, shaders or what ever) in work for the droideka, please let us know now!

Andy867, you wrote me that you perhaps would try to do a shader or bumpmaping effect for the droideka, how about it?

i would like to come to a final version of the droideka befor next monday when i leave for about two weeks. you know this droideka is now about 14 months old and its starting to talk and making its first steps!

Archived