Home

droideka model

Duncan_10158

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Duncan_10158

This version includes a death animation, check in Modview.

i dont know why its not showing, perhaps it has something to do with a mod, but when i tried it, it always worked. take also a look into animation.cfg, perhaps something got wrong there.

btw, did you try the droideka in OJP mod or in another or an unmoded map?

I've checked the model, yeah i've got a death anim too. Dunno why, when we're using it in Forcemod III, it doesn't work.

Maybe because it's not a vehicle but the player himself ?

We've got several others ja crashes with the droideka>http://forums.mt-wudan.com/viewtopic.php?t=27&start=20

Originally posted by keshire

Ya, OJP still needs some of the vehicel improvements that Renegade made but hasn't ported yet. For the best droideka experience try out the Movie Battles 2 beta.

Neo_Knight - keshire is absolutely right. Phunk implemented the droideka model as it was intended - as a vehicle. There are a TON of cool animations he made for it that you can't see b/c of problems with loading it as a player model in FM3. Try out MB2 and see for yourself - Duncan did an amazing job.

thanks Azymn, amazing is what MB2 and FM3 are doing with the droideka.

cause the droideka is not a simple vehicle it depends very much on a code that supports improved walker class vehicles. it is possible to use the droideka similar as a player model, as phunk told me it works that the droideka is spwaned at the same time as the player model an and already in the vehicle and cant cant exit it. it works then like a player model but isnt in fact.

its very importent to share the code for the droideka between the different mods. if one mod makes a great improvement it should be possible for the others to use it too. the droideka can be a hugh crash cause if the code isnt working right, so to share the code is in everyones interesest. i know i cant order you to share your work with others, but its my philosophie that everyone can use my work in her/his mod, map or whatever. so i please you as creator of the droideka to share the code, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Also renegade's improved walker class code is freely available. Its part of the OJP code base. As well as he should be making some more improvements. If you have any suggestions track down the various vehicle threads on the OJP board.

• 2 months later...

after reading this threats i think i`m right here,

cause, since weeks i search for technical drawings (like top/side views) of the robots and starships from StarWars Films, to build up my own in MAyA - model and animate them.

every day i search the net but i dont find anything yet...

do U have some tipps were i can find technical drawing stuff?

Books/online etc.???

i bought the book TheArtofStarWars by VazCotta and its interesting but not enough.

i need better stuff.

Archived