Home

Grim 2 ?

AgentCalavera

Is there going to be a sequel to the game I love ?!

I would love to see a Grim 2, what about you ?

And are there any news of some new adventure games from LucasArts seems to me that they're really just making more and more Star Wars games.

I am new on these boards so I just want to say Hi everyone!:D

Welcome. But there are many threads with discussion about Grim Fandanngo 2. Well, some of us want to see sequel, some not. But probably Grim Fandango 2 won't rise :(. I know, it's bad news, but Lucasarts said that they don't have in planed making Grim Fandango 2.

:(

Nobody has welcomed you to the forums, AgentCalavera.

WELCOME!!! This is the place to be if you like Grim Fandango. We, surprisingly, are able to still make posts even though we never have any new material to go on. Hopes for a sequel are pretty dim, and besides the occasional Grim 2 thread by a newcomer like yourself, it's amazing how we are able to talk about anything. But we do! And we're still more lively than a few other forums on Lucas.

So enjoy yourself. Grim Fandango will always rule, and so will we.

am unsure whether i want a grim 2.

one part of me wud luv 2 see the return of manny n glottis, cos i miss them :p

the other part fears that if they do create a sequel, it will be a disappointment. sequels have a tendency to be below par. and i wud h8 that to happen to GF.

Hello! I just registered on the boards in hope of getting a grib on this matter...

I would really like to see Grim Fandango 2.

I havent ever played a better game in my life! And played it over and over again more that any other game =)

But for the conversation:

It wouldnt have to be about Manny or Glottis.

It would be really great to see Glottis by the station to heaven or Manny in there but it wouldnt HAVE to be about them. The whole world of the game is fascinating! Any thoughts?

Also excuse me if I made any spelling errors, Im from Finland

I'd rather something else happened with Grim Fandango than a sequel. I used to be pro-sequel, but I've shifted my view in the last year. The real turning point was porobably seeing Full Throttle 2 up close at E3 this year and having my heart broken at the game's overall bad...ness (and I mean that in the not cool way). Since pretty much everyone connected to the original game has left the company, I do not feel that a GF sequel would be in good hands.

I might change my mind if the game was developed by Double Fine Productions, Tim Schafer's company, who currently employ a lot of the people who made Grim Fandango possible. I think Grim Fandango 2 would be a big mistake, if not for plot reasons than certainly because it's hard to imagine it treated so carefully as to do the game justice. Note, though, that I'm not very worried about the quality of the upcoming Sam and Max game (that is, if it's not cancelled :() because it has the same head honchos as the original, amazingly.

I'd rather see a Grim Fandango movie, or some other Lucas project set in the Land of the Dead. But one has to remember that this game was not financially successful by a long shot, unfortunately, which makes any future GF-thing very unlikely.

I wonder how many "GRIMFANDNAOG 2!#?@"-related threads I've participated in over the years...heh.

Not a stupid question. It's not a very well-known show. It's quite low-budget. But it's a Canadian Sci-Fi show that started with the four "Tales from a Parallel Universe" movies, but turned into show which they show on teh Sci-Fi channel and it has DVDs for the first three seasons. It's sort of funny, but quite interesting and original, despite a noticable low-budget (not the greatest graphics or sets in the world). I'm not sure because I haven't seen the show in a while, but I think Mantrid was the name of one of the villians.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived