Home

Is JA really that short?

Toa Tahu

Is JA really that short?I've read a review that says it spent only 20 hours on JA,another guy used only 2 days.So is it really that short?

I don't have a right to speak because I used to see some people playing a warez'd JA...so I'd like to ask your opinion on this.

Yeah i guess its kinda short, but remeber all that replayability, for instinse, u play as a rodian with the lightstaff on the dark side, and the second time u play as a twilek with a single saber on the light side...see, so its actually 40 hours, and thats good in my book. but i have only 2 hours a day if that to play my video games(college :()

Indeed, in my book it's not "only" 20 hours, it's 20 frigging long hours XD and aye, you go between 15 and 20 hours from start to finish, and it has loads of replay value, for one I want to complete it with all saber styles, then go for the dark side,and then use whatever species I haven't tried yet ^.^ So lotsa replay value for me.

At first I thought it was, but now I don't think so :)

Especially in the beginning, the missions don't take very long to complete. But the more I play, the more I think the later missions are just as long as JO's were. I think the difference is that a lot of the time in JO you were running around solving difficult puzzles (jumping and otherwise). This ment that the game took longer because so much time was "wasted" figuring things out. I played through JO a second time and it was much quicker because I knew where I was going. I think JA is just as long as JO, but the first time though you are not spending as much time solving puzzles.

Just my impression.

I think he means the multicoloured comm array rooms on the doomgiver which made no sense. Who in the right mind would put every key of what should be a single keyboard in a different cube shaped room in one giant cube shaped room. Which can only be accessed by very precise Force jumping, which makes you think, how did those imperial workers get there? Did they get a piggyback ride on some Reborns? Did they have jetpacks that they managed to hide so well that even a Jedi couldn't find them? It made, no, sense, at , all.

No such things in JA, which I like, every level is more believable.

Originally posted by Emon

At least it didn't have rubix cube communication centers.

Or a serries of giant rings, that would fry anyone who stepped on them, if they didn't have force powers. But yet it's a natural place to run into a army of snipers.

I finished the SP game in 20 hours on Jedi Knight difficulty, playing the Light Side. That was the first time through, and the longest I played it. Using the Dark Side powers makes it easier on the same difficulty level, and because I knew where I was going the second time through, it took a lot less time to complete - probably about 12-14 hours.

Since I beat it twice, I've been playing MP...mostly Siege for the last few days. They've done a great job with the Siege mode - all it needs are a few little tweaks and some extra maps.

As others have said, SP has some replay value, just by messing around with the options available, and MP looks like long-term fun. ;)

i prefer really hard and interesting puzzles. not just get object a and bring it to point b. i like the puzzles in half life

don't get me started on those peices-o-****ski, i was rackin my brain to figure them out, nad i think i haven't even finished it yet :eek: , once i found out about TF/TFC thats all hl was for me, but i did like the level with commados chasing you, but i hated, absoluty hated the rail car level, i actually broke my last monitor because of that level :mad: , ok i hope that post made sense...I seem to be saying that A LOT THESE DAYS

i dont really have anything to say about the game length, because i havent played JO in a long time. i think JA was much more difficult than JO, mainly because there are a lot more saber battles. ive only played on the light side but im gonna go back and replay it on the dark side starting tomorrow.

Whats weird is that JA is at least 6 missions longer than Outcast, but the straigt to the point puzzles do make it seem easier whereas in Outcast, the very first mission you did was to find those key shapes and put them into a central control panel and have it activated and that is just the first level, whereas the first level on Academy was going from point a to point b and cutting down 2 trees and not lose your hearing.

As stated by Prime

In terms of replay value, JA is probably much longer than JO. Just the light and dark side choices alone at to this substantially...

Exactly. When I had finished JO(admittedly needing to glance at a walkthrough a few times) I just went 'phew!' and went back to playing something else, not returning to it for a while

In JA, I am having a great time re-doing levels, trying the customisations, trying to get the saarlac to eat the spawned mutant rancor etc......

that blenjeel level is much more fun when you spawn a rancor or two, and a swoop - and then dash around looking for those parts !!!

MTFBWYA

• 7 years later...
At least it didn't have rubix cube communication centers.

I think he means the multicoloured comm array rooms on the doomgiver which made no sense. Who in the right mind would put every key of what should be a single keyboard in a different cube shaped room in one giant cube shaped room. Which can only be accessed by very precise Force jumping, which makes you think, how did those imperial workers get there? Did they get a piggyback ride on some Reborns? Did they have jetpacks that they managed to hide so well that even a Jedi couldn't find them? It made, no, sense, at , all.

No such things in JA, which I like, every level is more believable.

so true, lol... i hated that level.

Whats weird is that JA is at least 6 missions longer than Outcast, but the straigt to the point puzzles do make it seem easier whereas in Outcast, the very first mission you did was to find those key shapes and put them into a central control panel and have it activated and that is just the first level, whereas the first level on Academy was going from point a to point b and cutting down 2 trees and not lose your hearing.

lol yes.

No it is not short. I spend five months on my first play thru, and enjoyed every moment of it and then there are amazing player made levels and level sets. If someone wants to speed run thru it then it is their loss...there is so much detail and depth and fun to this wonderful game....i would ignore such internet gossip and enjoy the game at your own pace. You are fortunate indeed to be playing it for the first time, if you do choose it.

Archived