Home

What makes you "feel" like a Jedi?

Jaden X

Using Mind Trick on the prom queen last year... :p

...seriously.... yeah, for me it would have to be running around artus detention level from JO, with a twilek jedi, on a tauntaun, in hoth gear wielding a saber lopping off stormies heads.... thats STAR WARS OLD SKOOL !

Another one that would qualify is the dificult to perform occurrence of repeating 'the skywalker manoeuvre' from ROTJ in the swoop level :

1. jump off your speeder

2. Turn to face the chasing swoop

3. activate your green SINGLE blade

4. Deflect incoming bolts

5. Slice off the front of the swoop as it races past you, the rider and swoop crash and explode

6. disengage the blade

7. Bathe in the glory of your skill

MTFBWYA

Hm, pretty hard to answer. To feel like a jedi would require you to see and feel more than a human could (the force). Pretty impossible to get that feeling I'd say.

So whenever I play JA I just feel like myself. Like myself having a lot of fun though, so that's fine :D

What makes me feel like a Jedi? Well, there's many times. One is wall-running with Force speed on, jumping on a stormie's head and using the momentum to slice his partner behind him, then turning around and roll-stabbing the first one. Another instance is Matrix-dodging a disruptor shot, then hurling the saber at the offender, or rolling out of the way when a Reborn does the downwards stab after knocking you down.

I feel like a Sith when I blast someone with the Drain/Lightning combo with saber off. Another is gripping a Reborn and throwing the saber at him before he can get his saber re-ignited. I ALWAYS feel evil when I perform the "death hug" of Drain.

And, to top it off, I feel just plain awesome when I kill a swoop rider on foot.:D

Reflecting blaster bolts back at 3 or four stomries and watching them die makes me feel more Jedi Like than running up and hacking um to peices, but the most Jedi I've ever felt was when I jumped over one Dark jedi and killed him with backswing than rolled forward and stabed his friend then pushed 3 stormies off a cliff with no damage then turned off my saber and pocedeed to the next area

D_P!

Astrotoy7 wrote:

Tsaya, that's a GREAT answer ! The forums need more sane people like you !!!!

Sane, yeah... sure :rolleyes:

But for real, you sit in front of your computer hit a few keys and move your mouse. There has to be some kind of physical action to give you a feeling like this. At least that's how I see it.

Practicing moves with my katana and not getting hurt in the process makes me feel like a jedi really. Do fencing with my girlfriend (this time I mean for real, not a sexual innuendo) makes me feel like a jedi.

PS: I broke a couple of things at home while playing with my katana though.

Tsaya stated

There has to be some kind of physical action to give you a feeling like this

I see playing a game, especially the SP storyline the equivalent of reading an adventure in a book, or seeing an exciting/action movie. Its immersive to the senses, though not necessarily a physical experience....

Still, you can *clearly* see what I mean when I said the forum needed more sane individuals...please refer to DarthCobra above !! :p

DarthCobra, take a walk by the beach man..... and TAKE YOUR PILLS !!!!

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by weiderudare

LOL. You have some weird version of Star Wars....

To fight a Reborn in a dark room with bottomless pits really makes me feel like a jedi.

I found that pretty easy to achieve.

Hhehe, easiest but most fun level in the game!

Fore some reason, I get the most feeling of a jedi when I jump down from one surface to another.

I think it's something that I've seen Luke and the young obi wan do a lot. They kill someone, or the someone runs away, so they put away their sabre and jump down and walk slowly to follow the person, or move on to the next area.

Running around like a madman doesn't make me feel like a jedi.

There's also the 'incidental hits' that are in this game that you can use like proper moves.

There are a couple of moves with the sabre where you have a large backswing before swinging forward. My favourite move is to aim for the guy in front, hit the guy behind with the backswing, then slice through the guy in front.

Or even better, the backswing deflects a swing from the guy behind. :D

Archived