Home

Most memorable monkey moments and charactors

Glottis512

There's so many characters and locations throughout the series that I find it impossible to name them all, so I'll name just one from each in the series.. but there are still dozens more than I equally value.

In Monkey Island 1, it has to be when you first arrive on Monkey Island. The feeling that I got when I first arrived on the island and saw just how big the damned thing is was great. Plus Herman was there!

As for Monkey Island 2, I'm not sure why, but I've always remembered the shop on Booty Island fondly - the one full of random junk that is. For some reason the music and amount of things to look at really sticks in my head.

In CMI, arriving on Blood Island was my most memorable moment. The way that you arrive (with the awesome storm cut-scene) sets the scene beautifully for the island ahead, and I loved the general atmosphere of the island.

EMI didn't really appeal to me so I can't name any particularly exciting moments, but I did like it when I met Meathook again. He was a great character in the original and it was cool to see him in the same place/etc as the original.

ps: Glottis, it's common courtesy to actually post an example if you make a thread like this.. you haven't told us your favourite characters/moments. D:

How rude of me.

Actually I was just going to add my views when I noticed

I had replies.

One of my favourite moments has to be the string of conversations with kenny in CMI.

He kinda reminds me of Cartman, plus I enjoy his own brand of original sass.

(and I know thats more than one moment)

But apart from that my favourite charactor is Guybrush himself.

:guybrush:

The other reason I didn't start the conversation was I didn't want to blow my own horn:horn:

The Monkey Island series is all about the good time and good memories, let me begin

MI 1: I loved how clever the puzzles were, like when you had to follow the shop owner to find the sword master, also i never tought that guybrush would actually make it to monkey island, still Melee was my favorite part of the game. MI 1 stared me in the PC gaming world.

MI 2: This game was awesome, i also loved Scabb island, the truth is that i loved the night time islands a lot, also i'd have to agree with Thrik on the Booty Island Store, there was so much stuff there :) , also when guybrush got to the elevator in the tunnel at the end of the game where you could use it and then appear at Melee island, that damn roadblock broke my heart :mad:

MI 3: Wow this game was georgeous, still my favorite part was blood island and the Monkey Island theme park, that part made me laugh like nothing else. Blood island had such a feel too it, i loved it. MI3 is my favorite MOnkey Game. :)

MI 4: This game was a major letdown for me, it felt like a disney adventure game, i could definitly let this game go away. Hell, i've only played thru it once.

SOMI: The whole thing was uniformly good. I don't thing any moments especially stand out, oh wait destroying your ship was funny and it was interesting playing through again to find that the game pans out slightly differently if you don't.

MI2:LR: Again the whole thing was truly immense, for some reason I find the Guybrush sinking to the bottom of the ocean funny, not sure why but I do. Also "Arrghh we don't need no stinkin' mouthwash".

COMI: I didn't enjoy this game much, the whole thing seemed a bit lame and forced and I didn't particularly like the cartoon style. I still thought it was okay mind, just not as great as the others. Nothing stands out.

EFMI: "You've befouled my platypus". A classic line. As was "its a brass monkey (audience) Brass Monkey Monkey.

MI1: Probably when Guybrush goes to the docks to get his ship after buying it and assembling the crew...when Stan says, "I think we're having a real moment here." And then he goes on about how he can't sell the ship, etc. The mast breaks off and he changes his mind -- classic!

MI2: The first time LeChuck tortured Guybrush with the voodoo doll. It was at the same time funny ("There must be something wrong with my voodoo doll. It was supposed to send you screaming into a dimension of infinite pain, not the next room.") and dark. That entire section, the first time I played through the game, took me nearly two hours. I was slow, I admit, in figuring out what I had to do...and it didn't help that I was very near screaming at LeChuck to stop with the torture already.

CMI: I haven't really played this game enough to pick a real favorite yet...but off-hand, I'd say the cutscene where Guybrush breaks the curse and Elaine decks him. That's too cute.

EMI: It's a tie between the "Guynapped!" cutscene and the "Guybrush Meets His Match" one. I say "Match" because when I first played the game my first reaction when Pegnose came in waving the gun at Guybrush was, "er, you can't die in LucasArts games...can you? Irk." (It being my first LA game, and all.) That was when Guybrush and I finally started getting along because hey, he didn't die, and I rejoiced. "Guynapped!" though, I think is definitely in the running for most memorable moment--I once played the game and watched that cutscene, just looking at Guybrush's face. It's amazing just how many facial expressions he goes through and how many emotions you can pick out. IE confusion, sheer and utter terror, smugness, etc.

Favorite character? Tie between Guybrush (of course) and Largo LaGrande. I've taken a liking to Largo which I can't possibly explain. He's a git. I really should not like him that much.

Was I the only one who found the part in CMI where you pillage ships and insult swordfighting (Act 3=Three Sheets To The Wind)

ludidrously fun and entertaining?

And I agree with above. "you've befouled my platapus"

may well be the best line ever.

God bless pancakes

I agree that Guynapped was a lovely cutscene. Guybrush was gorgeously designed and animated. It was such a pity they decided to skimp on quality. He had some really gorgeous and sweet facial expressions.

In MI1 it was all of Monkey Island... it made me shiver in delight, practically.

in MI2.... the Tunnels were the most powerful scene for me. Loved them!

in MI3.... Hmmm. I loved Blood island.

although i have loads of them Ill give one for each game.

MI1 When you take the wimpy looking idol back to the cannibals and you here lemonhead saying that it looks a lot like his idol and it even has the same name engraved as his idol.

MI2 Guybrush having the dream about his mum and dad as skeletons when the oar snaps that he had on the tree, and there little song.

MI3 Scaring the cemetry bloke with murray and the lanturn when hes in bed reading horror books.

MI4 Meeting the teacher on the island of nuttin attol near jambalaya.

I guess if I had to pick my most favorite(that's right, FAVORITE. We here in America know how to spell!) moment out of everything is Haggis saying "don't eat the lotion!" Every single time it cracks me up, I have a special save game at that point just so I can hear that one line whenever I fancy. If I had to pick a favorite FMV scene it would HAVE to be the opening to CMI. Subtle things like the chicken looking at the camera and clucking, and Elaine's little double take right before she shoots the canon are priceless. All four games are extremly funny in their own right, but what I like best are all the minor details that you wouldn't normally focus on as being humorous. Oh yeah, and Guybrush' exspression when he shoves Guybrush the dog down his pants. Gets me every time.

2 more pieces of Monkey Madness just returned from a far corner of my Brain!

EMI:

Good Gravy, is that a dagger I see before me?

"OHHH......

This lava's hotter than a flame broiled otter

and my shoes are slowly melting through the fiber-glass floor"

PS- Did anyone realise that the bar on scabb island, the one where you put the rat in the soup, is part of the GOODSOUP chain of family restaurants!

PPS- DON'T post replies saying but Ron left before CMI, where the Goodsoups are created, so how could a post Ron idea get into a Ron Gilbert game?

Archived