Home

nVidia drivers and fogtable problem..

Cybermax

At least.. its what it looks like to me.. In scenes that are raining/foggy, it is totally messed up with drivers newer than the latest whql from nVidia.

Why use a beta driver you say? Because my GeForce FX 5900u has a D3D "Flicker" problem that has been acknowledged by nVidia, and have been fixed with driver 45.33 and newer.. but alas.. those drivers also makes some scenes totally unplayable.

Take a look at this : http://217.13.2.154/jediacademy.jpg

This looks very good when i am using the 44.03 driver as recomended on the "supported graphics cards" page, but i would like to be able to use the drivers that fix my D3D problems..

Any hint of what i can do? Some OpenGL options i can set in the registry? change settings in the JK .cfg files.. anything?

If this was the captioning thread, how about

"Captain, theres something wrong with the new cloaking device... never buy anything from a romulan !" :p

But yeah, ive got a GeForceFX Go or somethin, in my laptop, and have the 'older drivers' in, working just fine.... until the newer drivers have game specific improvements I wont bother as things are working OK, and I GOT to have my JA !!!

If its not broke, then dont fix it !!!

MTFBWYA

If its not broke, then dont fix it !!!

Well.. but you see.. that is what is wrong.. it IS broke.. If i use any older driver than 45.33, i have a weird "flickering" when playing any D3D game.

Ref. to this article, this is notified and fixed in any drivers of newer date than then 45.33 drivers. http://www.nvplanet.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1501

I am using Asus based drivers now, 44.71 or sumtin, and JA is pristine.. no problem bout that, but then have the "d3d flickering" when i play games like EQ, or SWG or whatever D3D game you list..

Archived