Home

Any severs out there??help!

suadsquad

Ok, I go to multi player in Jedi acadamy.

Click update list and thiers only like 8 servers and thier all full.

Now there has to be thousands of people online having a great time playing, but the servers are not on my list. How do I fix this probl;em? Someone help pls!

Thanks.

:)

There is a "bug" with the Master Server List. The server browser in Jedi Academy is showing only a tiny fraction of the five hundred servers out there. Until Raven fixes this, you must download The All Seeing Eye http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

so you can see all the servers. If you find one you like, while you are playing on that server, press the Esc key, then click About. That will show you the server's name and IP address. Write down that IP address!! Later on, when you are done playing there, go back to the server browser in Jedi Academy and click New Favorite. Enter the IP address you wrote down. That will add that server to your Favorites list so you can go back there. Otherwise, that server may not show up on the server list even though it is still up and running.

You can also go to http://www.jk3servers.com to see about 30 servers listed. Click on the server's IP address and it gives you a nice summary showing you who is playing, what Force powers and weapons are available, etc. You can also set it up so you can launch JA from that webpage. You can see my servers here:

http://www.jk3servers.com/status.php?ip=66.98.176.193&port=29070&sec=30

and here:

http://www.jk3servers.com/status.php?ip=66.98.177.150&port=29070&sec=30

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

If you find one you like, while you are playing on that server, press the Esc key, then click About. That will show you the server's name and IP address. Write down that IP address!! Later on, when you are done playing there, go back to the server browser in Jedi Academy and click New Favorite. Enter the IP address you wrote down. That will add that server to your Favorites list so you can go back there.

Or if you remember the server name, you can go back to the All Seeing Eye, right click on the server, and select "add to favorites"...

I thought a lot of these folks promoting ASE were just fanboys, but I downloaded it myself yesterday and now I'm a believer.

(5 mins ago did a scan:) 559 JA servers, 1063/7032 players. Over half with sub 200 ms pings (lowest to me in Iowa on my DSL line is 63 ms).. and this is WHILE I'm running my own server!

The in-game browser shows me 30 servers at best, and I agree they really need to fix that bug, because the majority of people have no idea that ASE fixes the problem and probably won't figure it out except by accident. They'll just assume the game isn't popular and stop playing or wait for the patch.

It's too bad LA or Raven doesn't make an official product announcement about this. Though a lot of people won't know it if they're not on the net.

fanboys vs. fans (at least how I use the term) =

fans like something, a lot.

fanboys like something and refuse to admit the object of their fandom has any flaws whatsoever and is anything lower than perfection (often to the point of denigrating similar objects of fandom to make their's look better).

So for example Star Wars fans will be like "Star Wars was cool."

Star Wars fanboys will be like "Jar Jar made a great contribution to the story, and Star Trek sucks!!!"

Originally posted by Kurgan

Star Wars fanboys will be like "Jar Jar made a great contribution to the story, and Star Trek sucks!!!"

LOL thanks Jar Jar for the clone wars.

As for contributing to this thread ASE or gamespy doesn't matter but they both fix the flaw in Ravens Master list. Nice to know that I have options now when selecting a server.

Ravens server list - Hmm do I want server 1 or 2?

ASE/Gamespy - :drop2:

As for contributing to this thread ASE or gamespy doesn't matter but they both fix the flaw in Ravens Master list.

I know GameSpyArcade wouldn't display my server, but ASE does, so who knows...

Also GSA confuses the gametypes (it thinks CTY can be used in JA apparently).

I like GSA's interface, but for JA at least, it seems ASE is better.

I never used to bother with All Seeing Eye either, and I thought some people were a bit over-zealous in their claims about it. "Yeah right, it can't be that good!".

I have since eaten my words. It's not perfect by any means, and there may well be other better utilities out there, but it's better than the in-game browser for JO...and definitely JA.

For anyone who hasn't tried it, it's shareware, so you can try it for a while for free to see if you like it. I decided to register, because it suits my needs at the moment, and I've started playing some other MP-enabled games using it.

Archived