Home

RBG slider? Would anyone want it?

Master William

Would you like RGB sliders, so we can customize our saber to the exact color we want? Even Pink! Imagine having that light blue saber that Anakin had. I would sure love this made by Raven themselves - I'm suprised they didn't insert it at first.

I also want to mention - play with force, but turn off saber attack/defence/throw and use guns combined with force speed, mind trick, grip, etc. It can get really fun, and they can't slash you since you're using force speed. I find myself getting slashed like... Never.

Mix merc with force!

Finally! I was really hoping someone would make this. I'd thought about it, but I don't have the skill to make something like that.

I was thinking more of an external program, though. Just a small program with a picture of a lightsaber, with three slider bars for the colours. Once a colour is decided on, the program could automatically insert the required colour codes into either jaconfig.cfg, or perhaps an autoexec.cfg file.

I think doing it this way would be much easier than trying to get the slider bars into the game interface.

JKII:JO had mods such as Dueler's Mod that had RGB sliders for each lightsaber "blade" (including each blade of the staff or each blade of duals) as well as control over the core color of the blade. So you could have a staff with one blue and one green blade, one with a white core and one with a black core. I'm sure similar mods for JA will be forthcoming.

Hmm. That's good to hear!

Another really nice feature, as Kurgan suggested, would be to have sliders to change the colour of the clothing and the Twi'lek's skintone. (though I just love the green twi'lek skintone. Goes so well with the green clothing and my green lightstaff. I love green.) :p

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Well,in MP there is a code to set the RGB color values between 0 and 255. Which makes Oola skin-toned Twi'leks possible XD

indeed. although, i wish they had used the same system as they did in sp, since the mp color system isn't true rgb.

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Well,in MP there is a code to set the RGB color values between 0 and 255. Which makes Oola skin-toned Twi'leks possible XD

Yeah, I knew about this. That's why I think it should be relatively easy to create a program to select a colour. You can choose your race, then a picture of it comes up, then play with the sliders and watch as either the skintone (if you're playing Twi'lek) or the clothing colours (if you're playing any other race) change. When you get the colour you want, you can hit "ok", and the codes will be written into the cfg file.

Well you say about the 0 - 255 color thing in MP, well i've been able to do the same thing in SP, just set the colors with commands, then finish the level your on and when on the next level your clothing should have changed color, you have to set each color though, red, green & blue. :)

Originally posted by t3rr0r

indeed. although, i wish they had used the same system as they did in sp, since the mp color system isn't true rgb.

It could be easily fixed to be true rgb, and added to the menus with very little work as well.

Originally posted by Emon

I'd rather see a HSL slider, with saturation and luminosity being limited, so you don't get idiots running around with ugly bright pink and white lightsabers.

yeah... and really, all that's needed is a slider for changing the hue.

Originally posted by Azymn

It could be easily fixed to be true rgb, and added to the menus with very little work as well.

that's good to know. yeah, and it appears the minimum values in rgb must add up to at least 100 (ie. 34,33,33 is the darkest on that end, while 260,260,260 gives you pure black).

RGB would be awesome. I actually put that in the ask lucasarts thing like six times. It never got answered, of course. It shouldn't be that hard to code for a patch, if RAven can convince LEC. I mean, Tchouky (sp?) did it for JK2 for the sabers. And no, you woudn't have to have all the separate colors. Again, the way Tchouky did it would work fine, with only minor modifications. And altering skin tone would be excellent as well. How many people actually have those exact tones? For that matter, though, why not do it with hair while we're at it?:p

Archived