Home

The FRAMES PER SECOND with YOUR COMP

MasterSidious

Originally posted by XERXES

I get about 30-60 even 80 fps with most games on average...no use spending over 150 dollars to get an extra 50some fps. :giveup:

Whats ur comp. specs though? :)

5 GHZ with 200000Mhz FSB or somethin? :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm talking about what ya get Jedi Academy here :)

Thanks for te respond, pretty quick

I've got an Alienware A-51 and the last game I checked my FPS on was JK2.

Was running at 1600x1200 with the highest possible settings, and averaged between 275-300+ when by myself. With others, the lowest it fell to was 125, but that was with 15 other people playing. :D

300fps? Did you know the human eye can hardly tell the difference between 70 and 100. If you can get 300 you need to turn the res up from 480x600 or try turning on AA and Vsync.

I have a P4 1.8A O/Ced to 2.7 with 512mg of Corsair XMS DDR3500 and a Leadtek GF4 4400 on a Asus P4PE board.

It will play Counter-Strike at 100fps. The only game that matters.

;)

How could you ever say what fps you get in most games?...it jumps around like crazy and just because you get a ****e fps doesn't mean your computer sucks...games suck also...they will lag at times because of the limits in their game engines...

I run games with awesome graphics and no lag at all...then I load up one with horrible graphics and it lags like ****?...can you explain?...like I said the game engine. :rolleyes:

I run...

ABIT KR7A-Raid

2000xp

512 PC2100 DDR

(2) ATA133 7200 rpm Maxtor drives with 8mb Cache (Raid-0)

Asus GF3 TI200 oc to 220/500

Fortissimo 2 Soundcard

Entermax 450 wt psu

Highly Tweaked version of Win XP Pro

130 FPS in JK2 with all max settinggs and default driver settings.

75 FPS in JA demo with all max settinggs and default driver settings.

175 FPS in MOHSH with all max settinggs and default driver settings.

You should be able to get about 250fps if you have opted for the 9800 Pro as your graphics card. But the bottom line is you never really need to have anymore than about 100fps max. And 100 fps is a good number because that should take care of any dips in the framerate when you get lagged or bombarded with too many special effects at once. Personaly I feel a bit bad for you. You are spending 2.5x times what you need to on a pc of that quality. What I mean by that is the new Alienware machines are so expensive that you could have built it yorself and saved so much cash and all it would take is a bit of reading and a little elbow grease. Have fun with your new rig but remember my comment when the bill comes.

Originally posted by Sith Maximus

I run...

ABIT KR7A-Raid

2000xp

512 PC2100 DDR

(2) ATA133 7200 rpm Maxtor drives with 8mb Cache (Raid-0)

Asus GF3 TI200 oc to 220/500

Fortissimo 2 Soundcard

Entermax 450 wt psu

Highly Tweaked version of Win XP Pro

130 FPS in JK2 with all max settinggs and default driver settings.

75 FPS in JA demo with all max settinggs and default driver settings.

175 FPS in MOHSH with all max settinggs and default driver settings.

You should be able to get about 250fps if you have opted for the 9800 Pro as your graphics card. But the bottom line is you never really need to have anymore than about 100fps max. And 100 fps is a good number because that should take care of any dips in the framerate when you get lagged or bombarded with too many special effects at once. Personaly I feel a bit bad for you. You are spending 2.5x times what you need to on a pc of that quality. What I mean by that is the new Alienware machines are so expensive that you could have built it yorself and saved so much cash and all it would take is a bit of reading and a little elbow grease. Have fun with your new rig but remember my comment when the bill comes.

Well... my dad's paying ;P

My Comp Specs:

Gateway (The brand...)

Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz with Hyper Threading Technology

512 MB RDRAM

533 Mhz Front Side Bus

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

200 Gig HDD

18" Flat Panel LCD Monitor

And I run everything on 1280x1084

Mmkay, i dont have Jedi Academy, nor any SW games. But, The last thing I cheked my FPS on was the Splinter Cell demo. I averaged about 80 FPS on that. And on a Rainbow Six 3 demo, I had full anitaliasing (6x) and antisotoropic filitering(16x), and the game ran smooth like butter. The game looked very nice, Anti-Aliasing is great, and makes things look so much better.

As a matter of fact, I always run my desktop with those settings on all the time. I love it. :)

Originally posted by GUNNER

300fps? Did you know the human eye can hardly tell the difference between 70 and 100. If you can get 300 you need to turn the res up from 480x600 or try turning on AA and Vsync.

Originally posted by Eldritch

Was running at 1600x1200 with the highest possible settings and averaged between 275-300+ when by myself.

Originally posted by Egg Destroyer

The new white alienware laptop looks pretty sweet, but the specs are almost the same compared to the toshiba sattelite 5200 though, and thats one sweet laptop (bad battery life though :( )

EDIT: I just noticed my over-use of the word sweet. sweet...

First off its great, except for battery life:

1. UPGRADEABLE graphics card yes I mean in the laptop :D

2. You can make it come with the best software available to MAKE and I mean FORCE the graphics to go the fastest they can on ANYHTING even if you don't spend a million on the processor :)

3. It really does get a lot of attention, even from the ladies :cool:

BUT as I said before, if you keep the battery in tip-top condition, you get like 50 strait minutes of gaming (JK2).

AND it costs a lot :rolleyes: but I'm a spoiled bratt :p lol

Did you even read my first post? I said the last game I checked it on was JK2, and then I gave the settings I was running it at.

I also said I have an Area 51 - the same computer you ordered. How can you ask a question and manage not to read the replies?

Originally posted by Eldritch

Did you even read my first post? I said the last game I checked it on was JK2, and then I gave the settings I was running it at.

I also said I have an Area 51 - the same computer you ordered. How can you ask a question and manage not to read the replies?

BUT, BUT, BUT...! So do you have these specs.?

2.8Ghz 800 MHz FSB 512KB Cache

60GB HD

512MB RAM

FX 5600 Go 128MB

XP PRO

15.4" SXGZ+ 1680*1050

Archived