Home

Yoda In Multiplayer?

JK3:Yoda

:amidala:

Hello fellow warriors, I was wanting to be Yoda in Jedi Knight Academy Multiplayer mode. I have seen someone playing as small little Yoda with dual sabers already but I didn't get around to asking him where he got his skin/mod? from so here I am seeing whats up!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you saw him use it in the game you were in then you must have auto downloaded his mod already. Check your base folder.

There already exist several yoda models (both small and large.. the small ones requiring you run a mod that allows different heights for players), made for JK2 that may work in JA already.

Thank you for the quick reply Kurgan, unfortunately I have reinstalled my game since visiting the server hosting the Yoda Model. Would you link me to a download for the smaller sized Yoda?

P.S. I downloaded (Yoda_Kinja.zip 2mb) The Yoda Model from JK2 but the model is too large to use.

Originally posted by JK3:Yoda

Thank you for the quick reply Kurgan, unfortunately I have reinstalled my game since visiting the server hosting the Yoda Model. Would you link me to a download for the smaller sized Yoda?

P.S. I downloaded (Yoda_Kinja.zip 2mb) The Yoda Model from JK2 but the model is too large to use.

If you just reinstalled, and didn't remove the Jedi Academy folder manually, it should still be there...

Yoda-kinja hey?, I will be hosting a LAN Party and will be heading up the dedicated Jedi Academy Server so I will have complete control over the server. If this Yoda I saw appearing small has to do with the server's configuration then please do inform me specifically on the settings to configure to produce the same Yoda I saw that was small.

I would bet money that it was the yoda kinja model just scaled down on the server, ive been around a long time ive never seen a little yoda model just the kinja scaled down because it is the best yoda model availible. As for how get him to scale ive seen pages that explain how to do it back in the day on jk2 when the jedimod 1.2 came out, go to jediknightii.net im sure they will have something on it or just search the web there has to be some pages on it.

Taking a step back here Kurgan, I forgot to mention a point- I joined the JA Server and noticed Yoda with dual sabers and even fought against him in a duel but I couldn't choose to be him, why do you suppose that was.. a server hosting Yoda but not showing up on your profile list of charaters to choose from?

Originally posted by Cryptoguy

After a bit of work I have got a small Yoda npc working with a wee saber too :D Only problem is I cant get get it to spawn as a Playermodel ..?

I may release it as a beta .. would you guys be interested ?

you need to ask that?

YES!

The fact that Yoda was not selectable as a character means nothing.

Putting new skins in the profile menu is something the mod author has to do purposely. It could have been a JK2 mod that just wasn't completely compatible with JA, but it was so small you didn't notice it being downloaded as you joined (or perhaps it was part of another mod that you already auto-downloaded).

Now it is possible, though fairly slim, that there is a hidden Yoda skin in JA that nobody has found yet, but I kind of doubt it, what with all the poking around people have done.

People have found a "yoda saber" but there's no model for it, so I'm told.

My guess is it was just a skin you got from the server. If you see it again, take some screenshots and ask the guy how he did it.

The model scaling thing was featured in some mods for JK2, and Raven (again IIRC it was Mike G) said it was considered too "unbalanced" so it wasn't included as a feature, though they had considered it (this debate goes back to the development of Q3 btw... originally the ID team wanted to make the models different sizes and healths/speeds, but decided against it... that it would make balacing too unnecessarily difficult).

Archived