Home

Yoda In Multiplayer?

JK3:Yoda

But Raven's policy is about fair balance in the game, and by having a character 1/3 the size of the rest of the models, they felt there would have been a balance issue, which they felt that would have caused a backlash, because you would have the typical whiners doing what they do best, whine, about how the Yoda/Jawa models are unbalanced and have a definite advantage. Plus Raven acknowledged that a modder will put a scaling mod in that will allow Yoda into the game, so by doing so, they relieve themselves of any pressure from LucasArts.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Andy867

But Raven's policy is about fair balance in the game, and by having a character 1/3 the size of the rest of the models, they felt there would have been a balance issue, which they felt that would have caused a backlash, because you would have the typical whiners doing what they do best, whine, about how the Yoda/Jawa models are unbalanced and have a definite advantage. Plus Raven acknowledged that a modder will put a scaling mod in that will allow Yoda into the game, so by doing so, they relieve themselves of any pressure from LucasArts.

Fair point ..I will babble on no longer :D

Originally posted by Buffy

I did it down load and play with your little small yoda ;)

but yoda holding light saber funny ; (

saber come from between yoda's legs....:o

looks nice so I hope fix for us and please make player model and Bot too ... thanks

Funny worked fine on my pc :(

I'm gonna update it soon with a few extra's hopefully the saber as a wang thing will be ok by then .But I've not had any bad feedback on the pcgamemods site maybe its just you having that effect on yoda buffy ?

Has anyone else had this trouble ?

This is just from looking over how he's done the .npc file, there are some errors that have to be fixed.

here is the file as it reads now.

yoda

{

playermodel yoda

saber yoda

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 1

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 2

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 0

FP_LIGHTNING 0

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 3

FP_ABSORB 3

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 200

rank captain

reactions 3

aim 3

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 3

forcePowerMax 100

forceRegenRate 50

reactions 1

aim 1

move 1

aggression 1

evasion 1

intelligence 1

hfov 120

vfov 120

scale 55

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

// race human

class CLASS_yoda

snd yoda

sndcombat yoda

sndjedi yoda

yawSpeed 60

walkSpeed 45

runSpeed 250

health 150

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

As you can see there are some double ups of lines which might be messing with the systems head as it were. Things like Class_yoda which as far as I know there is no yoda class in the game. Cryptoguy has done well, just a few things we can fix up and get it working a little better. :)

Originally posted by Cryptoguy

Look at the readme that comes with it.

Let me clarify, i used the model in multiplayer for me, and i was giant for yoda, haven't tried spawning him yet as i can't play SP and somone moved my help request to a dead forum

Well it worked fine for me that lil guy kicks my butt :D

I havn't been flamed on pcgamemods yet and after 50 + downloads I would expect a few bad comments if it wsn't working ok.

Rest asured I'm on the case

Let me clarify, i used the model in multiplayer for me, and i was giant for yoda, haven't tried spawning him yet as i can't play SP and somone moved my help request to a dead forum

Sgt it wasn't intended as a model to play with more as a way to fight the little guy.

also my console keeps saying "unknown cmd playermodel" when i type it in .

Is there something I need to switch on ? :jawa

ps

spawn him in mp

Like I said bud if you look at your .npc file. There is no player class called yoda in the game cause he's not in the game. Also you've given him 2 sets of info

reactions 3

aim 3

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 3

and

reactions 1

aim 1

move 1

aggression 1

evasion 1

intelligence 1

I'm sure the game is having probs with it. I'm at work at the moment and the files on my home pc but you'll have my copy tomorrow in your e-mail which you can use a a guide to fix up yours or just use the one I send.

Buffy I'm not sure why it has not worked for you ?

Maybe you have another mod installed that is messing up my mod a hilt pack or something?

The only time I've seen the saber appering there is when a .sab has been altered incorrectly or the blade X Y thingy is wrong ?

Try removing any other Yoda models that might be causing the problem!!

To be honest its working fine for me so I dont know how to fix it ?

Hey Cryptoguy I've sent my version of the yoda mod to your e-mail. Hope it helps ya out.

Things I have different from the one released now are:

npc file now has 2 yoda's 1. yoda 2. sith_yoda

npc spawn yoda (player team) *green saber scaled down

npc spawn sith_yoda (enemy team) *red saber scaled down

Yoda's run speed increased to be more like the movie fight sceen in where Yoda is clearly pretty fast when he fights.

Made it so Yoda uses duel stance with a single saber as it looks more fluid and circular. Looks more like he fought in the movies.

Forcepowermax boosted as well as forcepoints cause well...it's Yoda :)

yawspeed command line added in there to simulate faster movement/skills of the jedi master.

I also have 'cleaned' the mod up a bit, kept it to a specific yoda scale mod only so I haven't added in hilts as there is already a mod for hilts out there and I haven't altered anyother characters npc files or saber files so as not to conflict with other changes people have made.

Anyway I've passed this on to Cryptoguy to look over and make any changes to his beta version mod which he'll be updating soonish. If anyone wants this file now though just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it.

Cheers all.

no I playing only MP with your small yoda

and I did it delete all hilt and saber mod from base but still same looks funny:(

I dont know why only me can not spawn right... ?:(

Mr'peloquin

can I try your yoda model too ? :rolleyes:

How do you play MP with a SMALL yoda? i get one the size of kyle :eek::confused::(

already sent an e-mail to Buffy on how to use yoda as a playermodel but I don't really play multiplayer so I haven't looked into making yoda small for that....Cryptoguy you might be able to help out here, is it just a jawa swap or something? If you know can you pass it on to Buffy, cheers man.

thank you ;)

"How do you play MP with a SMALL yoda? i get one the size of kyle"

Mr'Cryptoguy made it..

you can down load from here

http://www.pcgamemods.com/2558/

I did, and the yoda is in profile, but when i go into the game he IS the size of kyle, and i don't know what to do

EDIT he is normal when i spawn him in mp, as well as when i use the playermodel command in SP (for some reason it just started working, but i'm missing some textures) BUT in MP he is the size of kyle

I have added another Beta to http://www.pcgamemods.com not with pels changes yet tho (I forgot to check on here first). But there are multiple Yoda's in it. I will check the file out and see the difference tho pel then use it in the next release :D

Anyway download it and tell me what you think.

I tried it in MP and SP worked in both for me let me know if you have any bugs.

PS

Buffy did you fix that problem in SP ?

if you put "yoda_npc.pk3" and you have cheat mode on then

/npc spawn yoda

:amidala:

Mr'peloquin

I mail to you too but ... is player model yoda is only for single palyer ?

MP didnt work so..

:confused:

No no, when i spawn him and playermodel in sp and spawn in mp he is fine but when i play AS him in the profile menu of mp my yoda is the size of kyle

Archived