Home

Farewell to a fellow Swampie :( (please read)

Karsec

RpTheHotrod has been a friend to us all. To some of us, he was like family. Greatest guy in the world. He really cared for a lot of people, and went above the norm just to help someone out. He was Big Brother for some of the younger swampies as well. If you ever needed something, you could count on him. He would have gone as far as give up his life to save another. You all have your experiences with him as a friend, so I don't need to go on.

However, RpTheHotrod was really depressed in life. Had a rough childhood and a rough life growing up. He was alone, always was. He was so busy being there for everyone else...but no one was ever truly there for him. He gave so much, and never asked or expected anything in return. The problem is, the best car in the world does need something back...fuel. No one ever gave anything back.

The only thing he was holding on to was friendship. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know something happened between his friends, and he just fell into a deep depression and wouldn't talk to anyone.

The Swamp here was really one of his biggest hangouts with everyone, so I feel that everyone should know. Some of you may have noticed he hasnt been on lately. A month ago, he wrote what appears to be a suicide note. We were hoping it was someone pulling our leg, or something. He hasn't been online for a very long time now. I know most of the forums he went to, and games he played, and no one has seen him there either.

He wasn't one to give up easily. He worked and strived so hard. He was such a loyal and honest person. Always put away everything to help someone, even if it would hurt himself. He looked out for everyone.

I havn't said anything until now, just in case it was a mistake, but seeing he's been gone for a month now, and we haven't heard a word from him (he has never gone anywhere for more than a few days without saying something), we've accepted that he may no longer be among us.

RpTheHotrod, we'll truly miss you :( You were the best

/salute to one of the best friends anyone could ask for

Aw crap no!

He came online the other night.

He posted a :( on msn then went offline

****. I hope he's still with us.

Did this happen to anyone else. I though he was just replying to my sad username. It occured to me at the time but I thought it was me being my usual self.

We'll miss you Rp. You're one of the good ones.

That would have been me. He used one password for aim, yahoo, msn, and e-mail. Been going through his friends lists asking if anyone has seen him. Must have accidentally hit your username and :( 'ed in the wrong window. The furthest we have seen is about a month ago.

If anyone manages to actually see him somewhere, please AIM me.

Karsec541

R...P...

Oh my god....no.

You better not be lying man...

This is so f***ing sad. My god, I hope he didn't kill himself. Wow. He was pretty much my best friend on LF. This is what happens when you give, and you give, and you GIVE, but you never get anything in return.

Starting this day here, right now, I will not be the same person I used to be. Death of another person is something I can't cope with, and this is no exception. I won't be the same nice guy you guys knew.

RP, my friend, my bud, you will be truly missed, and you will be in my heart forever. And I will remember you. Your memory will live inside us all for all eternity. God Bless.

-Nick

0_0

omg...i can't believe this...

this is insane, and it seems that I am not the only one depressed around here. I liked RP. I liked his unique name, and he really was a person that would listen to and help you in any way possible. He would have given his life for anyone, especially some of the people here. How did you know hwe made a (seemingly) suicide note. Do you live by him or something?Did he post it here?

Wait...wasn't he the one that made that post asking people if there's nothign else for you to live for, what do you do?

Holy ****.

RIP RPTheHotrod:(

You will be missed.

OH NO! :eek: He was one of the best swampies, I hope he is not dead, just not coming online for a while, maybe looking for some privacy for a while. Or maybe (if he's old enough) took a trip somewhere, maybe hitchhiking in Europe. But don't let him be dead, he was a good person.

One thing though, it would be funny if he just turned up tomorrow, in this very thread.

Let's not virtually bury someone before their status can be confirmed. Does anyone know RP in real life? Anyone who knows where he lives - or even someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows him.

I disappeared off these boards for over 3 months due to ill health - and a year before that, a similar amount of time due to PC problems. Suffice to say, I'm still here.

I know the guy has been depressed in the past, and had some problems. But lets not assume the worst until it can be proven...

I was going to post it, but Stormhammer beat me to it. RP is a good guy. Smart, too. I'm sure he wouldn't do something like that. He might be back soon with his sharpshooter avatar. (the same one he's had since he came here=P )

I agree with Stormhammer here, let's not bid farewell to the guy. I had some problems with depression long ago...yes, me.... Darth Groovy...

Nobody is perfect, I had to get help. Do I resent it? No. Did it help me? Yes, yes it did. First there was medication, then therapy, then coping skills. I was about RP's age when this happened, I can honestly say, I have been fine ever since. There is solutions to every problem, taking the first step is the hardest part, after that it only get's easier.

As Obi said, RP will be back in time, don't worry, I belive this as well. ;)

To answer you question Wazzup...No i dont know him personally, infact i dont think i know him at all.

I do believe I've read some of his posts though.Last one i read was in Sith's Depression thread about a month ago....seems to be alot of depression threads nowadays.

We don't want to expect the worst till we know anything for sure. I remeber one time on another forum there was a big hoax about someone dying. Really the guy went on vacation and his brother played a joke on us all. So I don't imediatly think that RP did something bad. I just hope he lost his internet for awhile.

Jeez, I'm kinda disappointed that you people are willing to dismiss the fact that he's probably still alive right now.

I mean, if you're going to act like that, you could say a lot of people have died...not everyone that leaves is dead, as much as you people highly regard this place.

Things come up, y'know? =/

Originally posted by Jed

Jeez, I'm kinda disappointed that you people are willing to dismiss the fact that he's probably still alive right now.

I mean, if you're going to act like that, you could say a lot of people have died...not everyone that leaves is dead, as much as you people highly regard this place.

Maybe Nasty died without the internet.... :|

Originally posted by KBell

To answer you question Wazzup...No i dont know him personally, infact i dont think i know him at all.

Sorry about that I meant Karsec, it was late at night, mind is messed up. I fixed my post.

Again my best wishes to RP that he/she is okay and well.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jed

Exactly. I guess I died for about a month when Galaxies came out.:D Heh.

Archived