Home

Single Player Hilt Mods

Originally posted by GunShark

I'm currently using More Hilts 1.5 and they can be used in SP and MP, theres a good selection and some strange has hell sabers. As for the Ultimate hilts pack, no idea sorry

Me too.

But the author didn't do a good job on it, both of obi-1's TPM and AOTC sabers are still untextured, so does mara jade's saber.

Although the readme said that all sabers are correctly textured now....

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Me too.

But the author didn't do a good job on it, both of obi-1's TPM and AOTC sabers are still untextured, so does mara jade's saber.

Although the readme said that all sabers are correctly textured now....

those sabres are texttured in my game :confused:

All hilts should work in SP if you use the console. Just check the name of the saber in its .sab file. In game, type helpusobi 1 and then 'saber XX' where X is the name of the custom saber. By name, I mean the very first line in the .sab file, not whatever is listed on the 'name' line. Getting the hilts to show up in the SP menu is a more involved process, but fairly simple.

Step by step:

1) Create a folder called 'Mod' or whatever you want.

2) Open the hilt pack you want to use in Winzip. Extract the files to the folder you created, making sure that 'Use Folder Names' is checked.

3) Create a new subfolder in 'Mod' called 'ui'. Now, open up Assets1.pk3 and either find the file called 'saber.menu' or if you have enough spare HD space, just extract the whole thing into its own folder with the 'Use Folder Names' option checked. This is a tad easier than trying to find one file name in a massive list inside winzip. If you opt for the second option, the saber.menu is in the 'ui' subfolder of wherever you extracted the .pk3. For example, if you extracted it to C:\Assets, it would be under C:\Assets\ui.

4) Either way you decide to do it, copy saber.menu into the ui folder you created under 'Mod'. Right click on it and click on properties. Uncheck the read only attribute and hit apply. Open the file with any text editor. Find the section that looks like:

@MENUS_SINGLE_HILT1 "single_1"

@MENUS_SINGLE_HILT2 "single_2"

etc.

It will be under the hilts section. Add in entries for the custom hilts at the bottom of this list. The entries should follow the order of the list. The standard list stops at hilt 9, so you would continue from there with @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT10 "XX", replacing X with the name of the saber, which can be found in the .sab file as mentioned at the beginning of the post. Note that single saber hilts are listed twice, once before and once after the dual saber(staff) list. You will need to copy all entries into that second list as well. When you are done editing the file, save it.

5) Open up Winzip again and create a new zip file, or easier, just empty out the .pk3 that contains the hilts you've downloaded. Since you've extracted its contents into 'Mod' already, it will just be added right back in. Click on add and browse until you find 'Mod'. Click on it so that all of its subfolders are displayed. Click on 'Add with wildcards'. If you created a zip, change the extention to .pk3. Stick the pk3 in your gamedata\base directory and you're done.

It should be noted that your new hilts will appear in the menu without names. In order to assign each of them a name, you'll have to do a bit more editing. Let me know if you want to know how this is done.

I think I've gotten everything right up until the zipping part. I can't seem to find the, "add with wildcards" button when i empty out my old folder. Also, I've tried zipping everything up (the ui folder w/ the edited sabermenu in it, the "newsabers".pk3 part, and the old readme)

as a new folder, and it doesn't work when I put it into the gamedata/base directory.

Which version of winzip are you using? I'm testing out another method as I speak, but it's easiest with the wildcards button.

Edit: Alright, it seems that it will work if you just use the add button instead. So if you don't have the wildcards button, do as stated above except hit Add without highlighting any of the folders or files. Make sure 'include subfolders' is checked beforehand and you may need to click the button more than once. It should bring up a warning asking you if you want to replace such and such. Just click yes.

Also, I don't know if I'm reading your post right, numark, so I apologize if I'm misunderstanding, but are you zipping the newsabers.pk3 in with the saber.menu? If so, that will not work. You will need to unzip newsabers.pk3 into the 'Mod' folder, or whatever you chose to call the folder from step one. Then, with the ui folder and saber.menu file added in, zip all of it back up as described above.

In other words, when you click on add and navigate to the Mod folder, you should see a folder structure similar to this in your winzip browser:

ext_data

models

shaders

ui

Some saber packs come with sounds and extras, so it may not look exactly like that, but close.

aight, so everything is zipped back up as a pk3 file right?

ok, i think i got that part down, now when i put it in the gamedata/base folder and start the game i get this message-

UI_SaberLoadParms: ran out of space before reading single_8.sab

(you must make the .npc files smaller)

agghHH!

Only if you combine them into one pk3. Technically, you could have multiple pk3s, but coordinating them so that they don't interfere with each other isn't as easy. It's all about making sure there are no two sabers with the same name and no two sabers that have the same slot designated to them in the saber.menu file.

Basically, you would just unzip both packs instead of just one. The rest is pretty much the same.

Originally posted by Tesla

JediLurker, i've followed what you've said above and gotten new hilts in the menu, there unnamed so how do i get them named ? :)

You can name your sabers in the English (and other languages) MENUS.str file in the strings folder located in assets0.pk3, you should look for this:

REFERENCE SINGLE_HILT9

NOTES "saber hilt name"

LANG_ENGLISH "Firebrand"

All you have to do is then add another one onto the end.

In order to get them named, you'll need to edit another file called MENUS.str. This one is in Assets0.pk3 and can be edited with any text editor. Be sure to copy it and remove the read only tag beforehand. There are four versions of it for the various language versions of the game. Select the appropriate version and open it up.

Do a search for 'Firebrand' or scroll down until you see the lines:

REFERENCE SINGLE_HILT9

NOTES "saber hilt name"

LANG_ENGLISH "Firebrand"

If the saber is a single hilt, just copy all three of those lines, making changes where needed. Instead of SINGLE_HILT9, it would be SINGLE_HILT10. Do nothing with the Notes line. Instead of Firebrand, type whatever name you want the saber to have.

Repeat the process for all the hilts you've added. If it's a light staff hilt, you'd use the STAFF_HILT lines in similar fashion.

These lines go in order of the sabers' appearance in the menu.

Save it once you're done and create a new subfolder under the Mod directory from the instructions above. Call this one 'Strings'. Under that folder, create yet another subfolder named whatever language version you edited(English, French, German, Spanish) and stick the MENUS.str file in there. So, for example, you would have Mod\Strings\English as the directory. When you finish, zip it up along with the contents of the added sabers as described above. The structure inside the winzip browser should now be similar to:

ext_data

models

shaders

strings

ui

Once zipped and in .pk3 format, drop it in your base directory and you should now have the appropriate names for all of your added sabers.

http://www.lucasfiles.om

Get More_Hilts 1.5, its the better of the two. But, I would really suggest the UltimateHilts_v4 pack at http://www.pcgamemods.com That pack is way better overall, but More_Hilts has a few crazy weird ones that are pretty nice. Thanks to Jedi Lurker, I'm trying to combine those 2 packs into a single pk3, hopefully i can finish it soon.:D

btw, much thanks to JEDI LURKER for the help. I was confused out of my mind at first but now I think I'm getting the hang of it.

payce

Archived