Home

getting worse to find good duels

Chewy289

Originally posted by Chewy289

the last few duel servers i went to had players who would chat kill, over use saber throw, abuse force powers, and simply play like idiots.

its getting worse too :(

we need more good servers!

Hey I can play with you! How about I only use lightning but miss every time I try so that you won't loose any hp? And then I'll only use single saber yellow stance, how's that sound? Naturally I'd never ever throw it (god forbid!) unless I have more force than you - then I can throw it quickly up in the air so that my force pool is at 0 and you can grip me or do whatever you want to my helpless jedi?

Oh and I could keep walk pressed down all the time so that I won't be too hard to hit!! But then there's the lame auto blocking... hmm.. tell you what: what if I simply stand still the whole duel (except for the 20 minutes I'll be bowing after each swing you make to show you honour and respect for being so amazingly skilled) with my saber down so that you can kill me and be teh darth lukeskywalker jedimastah who never loses a duel?

But then there's the thing with "saber down = peace". Quite tricky. Maybe it's best if I just try my best to make it look like I'm fighting back so that you can get your honourable victory? Then again - there's always the risk that I'll accidentally hit you and make yur noble jedi lose hp:s.

Quite the dilemma, isn't it? But don't worry, we'll figure it out. Remember: I'm always online for the sole purpose of entertaining you and making you feel like the bestest jedi ever no matter how badly you play.

Oh no wait, I just died of sarcasm overload. :eek: I guess you need to find someone else. :)

This is really a reply to the two idiots that replied to you. Notice he said chat kill .. anyone that chat kills is an idiot, with the exception of those that bring up chat in the middle of a fight where you did a move that you KNOW will get countered, and you bring up chat to hope they don't nail you while you are wide open to a counter.

Notice he said over use saber throw. This means they hardly swing at you at all, but simply wait for you to swing and then throw the sabers for a guaranteed hit. Repeat. Win.

Notice he said abuse force powers. This can easily mean they avoid fighting and just keep away while power regens and then continue to use lightning, choke, and little else.

But see, the stupidity of your two replies is an excellent reflection of the stupidity displayed by many people online. It's no doubt morons like you that abuse everything and anything online to grief and display how hardup you are just to get a win. Reading the idiocy of your replies only serves validate how much of an asshole people like you are.

Notice he said abuse force powers. This can easily mean they avoid fighting and just keep away while power regens and then continue to use lightning, choke, and little else.

And how exactly is that an abuse? You know what abuse means? Yeah, right. It means using something in a different way than it was meant to be used. Force lightning is supposed to kill. So is force grip and saber throw.

If someone uses them to kill you, now what exactly makes him an abuser? Exactly: nothing.

The only thing that needs to be made balanced is saber throw, everything else can be countered if your know what your doing.

Saber throws damage, speed and everything is fine, nothing wrong with the power and I want it to stay but I would like to see some sort of limit put on it so it can't be spammed over and over again. Maybe it could take away all your force when you use it, that would fix the problem, this would be a very simple mod, Raven doesn't even have to get involved.

Originally posted by Chewy289

the last few duel servers i went to had players who would chat kill, over use saber throw, abuse force powers, and simply play like idiots.

its getting worse too :(

we need more good servers!

I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious\asking questions:

1. If you are truly on a duel server, how can you get chatkilled? There are only two players dueling, so the only person who could kill you is your opponent, and that is what she is supposed to do. I would assume after having to be in spectator for several minutes, where you can chat all you want safely, when it's your turn to duel you would be ready to fight, not chat. Or are you talking about servers that are in FFA mode\gametype but are really unofficial dueling servers, where several people are standing around waiting to duel? That is the problem with running a duel server under the wrong gametype.

2. Isn't it true that if you saber throw against a dueler in a defensive posture, you run the risk of "dropping" the thrown saber? Isn't that part of the strategy of dueling?

3. Abusing Force powers? What does that mean? If they use lightning or grip, you can use Absorb or Drain. Absorb does what it says, Drain lets you take down your opponent's Force pool even faster when combined with their use of lightning\grip, so they are left depleted, unable to use Force, katas, or specials, and therefore easier to defeat, while Drain restored your health. Again, isn't that part of the strategy in dueling? Or, as someone suggested, why not go to a no Force server?

4. We don't need more servers, there are already 500 out there, surely you can find one that you like. Perhaps you are relying only on the ingame browser, which due to a bug is only showing 30 or so of the 500 servers? If so, you need to download the All Seeing Eye http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html so you can see all of the servers. The ASE is currently showing me 125 Duel servers and 12 Power Duel servers. Have you tried all of them?

Originally posted by Katt

This is really a reply to the two idiots that replied to you. Notice he said chat kill .. anyone that chat kills is an idiot, with the exception of those that bring up chat in the middle of a fight where you did a move that you KNOW will get countered, and you bring up chat to hope they don't nail you while you are wide open to a counter.

Notice he said over use saber throw. This means they hardly swing at you at all, but simply wait for you to swing and then throw the sabers for a guaranteed hit. Repeat. Win.

Good job on not understanding FF Duel mechanics.

First of all, there is no such thing as overuse of a force move. If you use nothing but a saber in an FF duel, should I call you a saber whore? I should also call you a moron.

Those of us who "abuse" force stem from the 1.04 FF Duel scene, in which quick death moves were required to counter Drain and Bunny Hopping Heal. Thus comes "over use" of powers such as Grip, level 2 Lightning, Pull + Saber Throw (yes, it still exists minus the kick portion), etc. Unfortunately, your failure to ADAPT is blatantly apparent.

Also, there are dynamics that exist that prevent certain move spam. Grip has the LOS restriction. Saber Throw can be knocked away for a ST counter. That also means not to swing like a blind idiot, like most people do. Lightning has Drain, Absorb, and Push as counters. That is one force in all three areas. Cry more and get some tactical layout.

But see, the stupidity of your two replies is an excellent reflection of the stupidity displayed by many people online. It's no doubt morons like you that abuse everything and anything online to grief and display how hardup you are just to get a win. Reading the idiocy of your replies only serves validate how much of an asshole people like you are.

You bitch at others telling them to adapt to JA, well guess what, our turn to say it in reprisal. Those of us who know how to use force, use sabers, and use guns to the maximum efficiency will be on top. If you think coming here to piss a hissy fit is going to change it, uninstall JA right now.

Seriously, go sit and twirl. People like you are the reason why people like Luc and I exist.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Seriously, go sit and twirl. People like you are the reason why people like Luc and I exist.

Well yes, but...

I rant a lot trying to make people understand. I got an IQ above 80 which helps me realize that you can't expect the whole world to do what you'd want them to do in online gaming. Expecting someone to not do anything lame according to YOUR PERSONAL STANDARDS THAT NOBODY GIVES A **** ABOUT would be quite retarded, yes?

Now Rad, on the other hand, has an IQ above 80 and the ability to beat the crap out of your whiny rpg saber noobie darthmauljedi wannabe asses. And that makes you people mad. That makes you wanna cry "lamer", find an admin to kick him for owning you and then you come complaining about what happened on Lucasforums.

Why don't you take a moment, Katt? Think about it. I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion as me and Rad. Nothing wrong with changing your opinion.

During my first real multiplayer sessions when JO came out I remember thinking "man, that was lame", but even then I had enough brains not to whine about it. I sucked it up and tried again. Some times I won, some times the opponent was simply too good and kept kicking my ass for hours. Yes, I was pissed...but that's the game. Take it like a man, don't whine. You are not the bestest Jedi warrior in teh galaxie, you're just a guy playing a video game against other guys.

These are all very good servers, enjoy.

><IKBR><ClanServer IP: 69.57.141.250:29070

[CO]CrimsonOrderDuel@BWN IP: 66.98.176.192:29070

*Kurgan's Meatgrinder* IP: EDITED

[LJC] West 1 @BWN IP: 216.218.213.6:29070

Allied Froce Lords Server IP: 66.98.176.199.29070

**SDF**Pwnage1 @BWN IP: 69.57.141.251:29070

Masters Temple 1 @BWN IP: 216.186.88.16:28072

[LJC] West 2 @BWN IP:216.218.213.5:29070

MoS Duel IP: 69.57.151.13:29070

The problem with the majority of people that abuse things in the game is you think it's about winning and losing and nothing else. I can abuse things in the game and win as much as the next person. Problem is (and this is the important part): It's BORING!

There are things wrong with this game, just like there were things wrong with JK2 before it got patched. Yes, you can choose to be hardup for wins, and spam the broken crap that works. The rest of us would like to (gasp) have fun and win/lose based on the way the game was intended. I lose a great many fights that are fun. Not a problem. But when I, or others, resort to abusing loopholes in the game just to get wins, it's no longer fun.

And I sincerely hope you're not stupid enough to think certain things you spam over and over again are not broken. If they weren't, we would not be able to win using just that. Period.

Yes, patches will come out to fix these problems, just like before. You can choose to try having fun and not abuse what's broken, or you can choose to be hardup for wins and abuse and spam however many broken concepts this game has to get your precious ego-boosting wins while boring the hell out of everyone else. But please don't come off so stupid as to thinking this has anything to do with winning or losing to idiots that abuse what's broken. Any monkey can abuse the loopholes in this game. There are those of us trying to have a fun game, where we have enough sense of self worth to try playing while avoiding the broken crap that will clearly be patched (yaw abuse on barrier dual-saber anyone? *sigh*)

This whole thing is really not debatable. The morons that are hardup for wins will continue to abuse what's broken until it's patched. Original poster was just venting his frustrations with such morons ruining game after game. Some servers have gone so far as to boot such losers. I applaud them. If you're hardup for wins, by all means continue to abuse the game to your heart's content. No one can force you to not be a moron. Enjoy.

people, i warn you, DO NOT POST FURTHER, as this is filled with UT fans who will probably flame me for this post another page.

and if they are using force, just use force right back at them... where does it say you can kill people when they are typing? where does it say you can kill people when they are not typing?

it doesnt say anywhere, so there you go

What's wrong with UT? People actually play UT (no virtual chatrooms)+it got a lot more recognition in the gaming world than JA will ever get.

The UT/2k3/2k4 community is a great example (minus the aimbotters) of what a gaming community should be.

This is a game with many options of killing people and a fully loaded arsenal of force powers at your dispense. It may not be as bloody and fast-paced as UT but it has the same idea. Kill everyone on the map to win. I don't see anything about honor and no chatkilling/saber-down killing on the JA user manual.

If you don't understand that, I think you should either -

a) play The Sims Online, people can't (oh no) chatkill eachother on there.

or

b) play with a community/group of players who are into this honor stuff, don't bother the guys who couldn't really give a flying rat's ass if they didn't bow before a duel.

Hey Katt,

suggested reading for you and all the other whiners :)

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

Just a teaser for you all.... (the author is talking about Street Fighter)

"You’re not going to see a classic scrub throw his opponent 5 times in a row. But why not? What if doing so is strategically the sequence of moves that optimize his chances of winning? Here we’ve encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary. If you beat a scrub by throwing projectile attacks at him, keeping your distance and preventing him from getting near you…that’s cheap. If you throw him repeatedly, that’s cheap, too. We’ve covered that one. If you sit in block for 50 seconds doing no moves, that’s cheap. Nearly anything you do that ends up making you win is a prime candidate for being called cheap."

Enjoy.

Blank

Originally posted by Master William

people, i warn you, DO NOT POST FURTHER, as this is filled with UT fans who will probably flame me for this post another page.

and if they are using force, just use force right back at them... where does it say you can kill people when they are typing? where does it say you can kill people when they are not typing?

it doesnt say anywhere, so there you go

Here we go again, another case of Troll and Run.

Grow up.

Actually, I leave my computer running most of the time, as well as IE up and running with certain forums. You never know when I do step out for food, socialization with the opposite sex, parties, etc, because LF is one of those forums I keep on IE for enjoyment.

Might want to take off that flame-retardant suit, not only does it make your flames suck, but it does make you look like a retard.

yes katt "abusing" force and "abusing" throw is really using loopholes in the game. /sarc

dont type in a duel game retard. maybe yuo should uninstall the game and go to msn chat or something.

and throw is obviously the best counter against RAAAAAAAAAAAAGHRRHGH kata'ing saber flailing idiots.

Archived