Home

Secret Rooms of Loom CD (warning picture-tastic)

ATMachine

Loom CD has many hidden rooms on it that aren't used in the resource files. Noticing these, I wondered "What would they have looked like if they were used in the game?" So, I put together facsimile screenshots of what they might have looked like.

The first one is an alternate LucasArts logo that required no editing.

loomcd.gif

The next one does not show a hidden room, just a hidden animation for Hetchel.

loomcd1.gif

These two come from a hidden close-up of Hetchel that was supposed to have her turning her head animatedly.

loomcd2.gif

loomcd2a.gif

These three come from a hidden close-up of Bobbin and Fleece. I had to realign the original to get it to look normal, as it had a strange strip of blue on it.

loomcd3.gif

loomcd3a.gif

loomcd3b.gif

This close-up was used in the disk version in the scene where the dragon eats Rusty, but it isn't used there in the CD version. I edited the image to how it would look if it had been used:

loomcd4.gif

This is a hidden room that was used every version but the PC CD as the place where Bobbin healed the dying shepherds. In the final CD version, the room was closer in and had one less shepherd. In the shot, Fleece is thanking Bobbin.

loomcd4b.gif

The next two come from a hidden close-up of Chaos on the CD that is different from the one used in the disk version. It has mouth-moving animations used in real-time.

Here Chaos offers Bobbin a position as advisor in the Realm of Undead:

loomcd5.gif

And here you can see Chaos' open animated mouth.

loomcd5c.gif

Also, I've put dialogue under some of the static close-ups to show what they might have looked like.

Master Goodmold shows the chalice to Bobbin:

loomcd6e.gif

The dragon talks about her lost gold:

loomcd6a.gif

Bishop Mandible delights in the idea of controlling an army of the Dead:

loomcd6c.gif

And lastly, Cygna talks to Bobbin about her past:

loomcd6d.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived