Home

WIP: Snow speeder

tFighterPilot

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

Also they changed Mace Windus saber in episode 2. To my knowledge Jedi's arent suppose to re-build thier sabers every other decade just to be fashionable. Oh well:rolleyes: Mars out

didn't he give the one he had in tpm to eeth koth?

and, another point about why it should be like a fighter is you can't aim with a swoop.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it flies like any other fighter, i've justed finished re-playing RS3D so i can tell you that. the only difference is of course, it lacks secondary weapons like proton torps, concussion missiles or bombs that the a-wing, x-wing, y-wing and v-wing have.

really the 'snowspeeder' is supposed to be an Incom T-47 airspeeder. it's a sub-orbital fighter craft, comparable to a jet plane...x-wings, TIEs, b-wings, e-wings, y-wings, a-wings are all trans-atmospheric fighters, that can fight in atmosphere or in space.

the v-wing is also an airspeeder...

Rogue squadron don't have any space missions for some reason, unless you count that deathstar mission.

Another difference between the snow speeder and the x-wing(for example) is that the speeder can't make loops, and they can make much lighter pitches. JA does not features loops, and the pitch amount is adjustable. I just don't see any reason to make it a speeder type.

Originally posted by t3rr0r

didn't he give the one he had in tpm to eeth koth?

and, another point about why it should be like a fighter is you can't aim with a swoop.

hhmmm... that would be interesting if its true. I thought that building a lightsaber showed that the Jedi had completed his early training. If it were given to Eeth Koth, then Eeth Koth missed out on a big part of his training.

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

hhmmm... that would be interesting if its true. I thought that building a lightsaber showed that the Jedi had completed his early training. If it were given to Eeth Koth, then Eeth Koth missed out on a big part of his training.

nah, eeth koth did have his own... but was given mace windu's in a comic... don't know the details.

well, if the model hasn't actually been changed since you sent it to him. He should be able to save the uvw mapping coordinates as a *.uvw file and then send you those files along with the texture maps seperately. Then you'd just have to load up the model (the one you already have), add the uvw unwrap modifier to the model, then in the uvw unwrap parameters window click on "Load" and load the .uvw file. Then just assign the material to the model (the texture map).

Just an idea, i'm not sure exactly what problems your having so it may not be the best solution.

Originally posted by Manquesa

well, if the model hasn't actually been changed since you sent it to him. He should be able to save the uvw mapping coordinates as a *.uvw file and then send you those files along with the texture maps seperately. Then you'd just have to load up the model (the one you already have), add the uvw unwrap modifier to the model, then in the uvw unwrap parameters window click on "Load" and load the .uvw file. Then just assign the material to the model (the texture map).

Just an idea, i'm not sure exactly what problems your having so it may not be the best solution.

I'll keep this in mind later. A good suggestion :D I think we got it figured out. It seems as though his md3 importer for max, dumps the texture info. He was able to bring it into md3 view, and export it as a glm. So were good now. Mars out!

well, there is both hoverHeight and a landingHeight parameter in the .veh file. But also you can move the vehicle on the x-axis in 3ds max before you export to .XSI so that's it's a little more above the dummy tags (all the root tags, step 5 of Duncan's tut), I think that'll work, may be wrong though.

there is both hoverHeight
Only for speeder type vehicles.

and a landingHeight
It just determans when the ship will begin the auto landing.

But also you can move the vehicle on the x-axis in 3ds max before you export to .XSI so that's it's a little more above the dummy tags
I suppose you meant z-axis

Originally posted by t3rr0r

some other colour schemes (here and here)... for variety... if mars is interested.

Let's hold it until after the release, shall we?

also, will you be making it so a second person can control the toe cable (just a secondary weapon in this case) at the back?
You can't use tow cables in JA, it's just ain't possible without the source code, so the tow cable luncher is just for the show, it doesn't even have a tag on it.

Originally posted by imyourfather

You can't use tow cables in JA, it's just ain't possible without the source code, so the tow cable luncher is just for the show, it doesn't even have a tag on it.

note how i said 'just a secondary weapon in this case'... i never said it would shoot cables... and it is possible, as two other people can control the turrets on the lambda shuttle (when the .veh file is tweaked).

Archived