Home

QTracker v3.7 supports Jedi Academy

wassup

Qtracker is a better app than ASE, but it is not newbie friendly.

If you want a fast easy to use simple game browser with a lot of good features and no ads or annoying junk, go with ASE.

Qtracker is more of a "power user" type app, it has more potential than ASE, but you need to spend some time exploring all that it can do to really utilize all of it's features.

For quick “connect and play” ASE is the best.

But for real time server monitoring, remote rcon, and the great auto connect feature (for full servers) Qtracker is far better.

I like and use both the All Seeing Eye and Qtracker. Qtracker refreshes the player\score list every few seconds, but the registered version of ASE does as well. Both can give you a terminal for rcon access. I like the little mapshots in Qtracker that show you levelshots of the map the server is using. Both have a lot of features in common, and I use them both.

I registered my ASE (good *free software is rare and worth supporting) but the map refresh seems kind of ghetto compared to QT.

Unless I am doing it wrong, I have to press CTRL+M to monitor, but I still have to refresh it on my own.

QT does it auto every few seconds, but then again maybe ASE does too and I just never figured out how.

I also love the auto join thing QT has for full servers, I don't think it is in ASE.

But yeah, in the end, it is best to use both.

And if you can, register them, software like this won't stay around unless people can continue to afford to make it.

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

I registered my ASE (good *free software is rare and worth supporting) but the map refresh seems kind of ghetto compared to QT.

Unless I am doing it wrong, I have to press CTRL+M to monitor, but I still have to refresh it on my own.

QT does it auto every few seconds, but then again maybe ASE does too and I just never figured out how.

When in Monitor Server mode, ASE refreshes every 20 seconds, QT refreshes every 5-20 seconds, it varies.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

When in Monitor Server mode, ASE refreshes every 20 seconds, QT refreshes every 5-20 seconds, it varies.

hence my short attention span would not permit me to notice any thing beyond 5-8 seconds.

:eek:

you're right though, thanks for the heads up on it.

now if I could just get my map shots to work for RTCW ET...

:mad:

Originally posted by Emon

ASE doesn't actually require you to register, but it bugs you about it a lot.

Oh...well I guess you learn something new everyday.

Yes I also love the auto-join for QT, you can just set it and go do other things while waiting for a spot in the server. Brilliant. :D

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

now if I could just get my map shots to work for RTCW ET...

:mad:

I assume you are using the mapshot pack from Qtracker. I found it works better if I put the .qtmp file in the Qtracker\Mapshots directory before installing.

The mapshot pack for JKII didn't have the 4 duel maps that were added later. I added levelshots for those 4 maps to the .qtmp file myself and edited the maplist.txt file so they would show in Qtracker.

I also tried to make a mapshot pack for Jedi Academy but it wouldn't work. I sent the files to Ron Mercer to save him some time. He said he had been having technical problems making his own levelshots, but hopefully now the mapshot pack should be out shortly.

Yes, if you want to add additional level shots, just reduce the .jpg files to 160 pixels wide by 120 pixels high. It also helps to sharpen them and adjust contrast with your favorite imaging software. Extract the maplist.txt file from the .qtmp file with WinZip. You will see in maplist.txt they are listed mapname (tab) imagename (tab) map description. Add a line for each new image, then add the images and edited maplist.txt file back into the .qtmp file. Reinstall the .qtmp file from the Qtracker\Mapshots directory.

Not only did I add the 4 missing duel maps, I added levelshots from the ctf_palace map I ran for awhile, and when the server was on that map the levelshots displayed in Qtracker just like the standard maps.

Archived