Home

Using Grip Online

Toxie

Force or no force I don't care I usally play light side cause I defend myself better with absorb and protection. DarthCobra call me what you want I choose not to carry on in this childish battle over a game. I know am not a nOOb and I'd like to prove it but unfortunatlly I've got a busy life and can't always play 24-7.

Originally posted by BloodRiot

i'll go straight to the point... to me... every type of kill made using legal means as in "no cheating" counts.

Sure it may look silly seeing people jumping around like cangaroos...but if that grants them kills, then so be it.

thats how I feel I just hate when ppl just use force it not fun but Ialso love having the force at times too

awesome points by kurgan. that was me for awhile back in jk1. all pissed off and frustrated that i couldnt counter stuff, mainly cause of my crappy coonection and hardware.

then i got into asherons call and i had to learn to dodge enemy spells. after much trial and error, i started to develop a sense of when something would be used. much later (and to my surprise) this sense proved to be useful in JO, where it didnt take me nearly as long to learn how to properly counter stuff, especially compared to JK1. sure, some stuff slipped thru on bad days (i learned NOT to play during torrential downpour), but i lived and i learned and i got better.

@fk unnamed...

yeah, ive noticed the same thing about a lot of honor people. my deal is, if someone is a decent person in chat, they can pretty much use whatever the hell they want to. i might get pissed at them for constantly force jumping while use the conc rifle, or going speed+rage+imperial repeater and spraying a room with what seems like millions of bolts, but im not gonna kick em. ive done those very same things before. and ive noticed that WAYYYY too many "honor" people are too frigging naive for their own good. walking into a random FFA you should be prepped for anything. sticking your chat window up....well, if someone sees you and runs by, great. if they attack you....your own damn fault. i dont know how many times ive typed "ill be right th" because ive had to get outta chat and defend myself. and i NEVER walk around with my lightsaber off. thats just stupid. but if i see someone walking around with their LS off, ill either ignore em or challenge em to a duel. if someones chatting, ill leave em alone. now im not saying that what i do should be what everyone else does, im just saying that i play by the "honor" code, but that i dont expect others too as well. a kind of, reciprocal honor if you will. if someone does the honor code to me, ill do it back, but i NEVER expect, even in a duel match.

@rumor

that would be HELLA cool!

sure, ill duel ya. ill do better in JA than in JO tho. my single saber skillz have gone down the ****ter :(.

but yeah, i agree. 56k doesnt always limit someone, and good people can compensate. however, i KNOW that having that extra 100 ping more than someone can be enough to make the difference, and if someone catches on to that difference and starts using it against a person, i get angry. thats taking advantage of someone due to a 3rd party thing that the other person cant really help, and that pisses me off more than anything. to be clear, i have only seen that kind of thing happen twice, once in JO and once in JA. those two times constitute half of the votes ive ever called. both of them passed, at the guy in question happened to be a regular annoyance on that server (JO) and the second guy had been acting rather crudely to other people, in addition to his hunting down high-lag people.

anyways, thanks for keeping it (mostly) civil when responding to my post guys. if youre up for that duel rumor, look me up. Shakey Mac is my handle.

p.s. oh yeah. id say the vast majority of most "honor" people are way too BMed and/or they use it as a means to an end (the end usually being getting rid of lamers or what not). not to say ALL honor people are like that, just most that ive met in my life. thats a funny demo too FK.

Originally posted by DarkLord60

I am sorry I just don't like fake ass powers but I can live with them I just think its very sad that the only way you can fight is with grip its not skill in fact its what newbies do and I hate it I prefer a Force server but I like when ppl use sabers and guns once in awhile. So who is the noob you ask well its not me. Now quit flaming and move on plz!

hhahaha

hahah

HAHAHA

ROFLMAOO!!1!!1!!

fake ass powaaaaaaas

jeez guys if u hate grip so much y dont u just run around with abaorb on? thats what i do:p

people say it doesnt take much skil to fire a bolt of lightning or grip push someone off a ledge well it doesnt take much skill to turn on absorb does it?

stop complaining and enjoy the game

If the server has grip, and push, and the level has holes/ledges/lava, I'm gonna throw people to their death. Period. It's there, it's enabled, it's part of the game. I can't imagine why people whine, you can just use absorb and if you aren't a total noob you can manage to hit absorb before I toss you to your death. If you use dark side, you better learn to grip/push me better than you.

Point is, I don't find it cheap at all, as it's VERY easy to counter.

Archived