Home

Winamp 5 Beta

DiRtY $oUtH™

You know, it's interesting.

I used Winamp 3. Made about 7 playlists or so. Liked Winamp 3, except for the fact that everytime I opened up a single song, it overwrote whatever was in my last opened playlist.

So I looked at this thread, and downloaded Winamp 5. I thought, cool. Then I found out I couldnt import my lists(well, I actually can. Except I was a dumbass and didnt see that "import playlist" option..oh, and being a lazy bum didnt help), and then uninstalled Winamp 5 and used Winamp 3.

Then winamp 3 got bland..and that overwrite bug was getting annoying, so I reinstalled Winamp 5. Made my new playlists(well, about half-way through. Then I found the import playlist option, and subsequently smacked my head and imported). Now I cant understand why I uninstalled it.

I mean, it's friggen amazing! So many options! And the Winamp 2 skin is pretty darn cool...it's what I use right now. Plus the fact that there's a playlist selector and a playlist rewriter(which solves the aforementioned bug) made me giddy like a school girl in Japan that just bought some hentai.

Er..scratched that last part.

Originally posted by Tyrion

I mean, it's friggen amazing! So many options! And the Winamp 2 skin is pretty darn cool...it's what I use right now. Plus the fact that there's a playlist selector and a playlist rewriter(which solves the aforementioned bug) made me giddy like a school girl in Japan that just bought some hentai.

The minute I heard about being able to use 2.x skins, I threw on my old skins. I hated the 3.x layout.

I d/l it and it seems to run great! Loads both my WMP2 and WMP3 skins and sounds good. Uses 7344k of mem... significantly less than apps like Opera, but I'll have to look at WMP2 and Sonique to make a comparisson.

My only question: does anyone know why Nullsoft doesn't announce it on their site? No news release. No mention at all.

Could it be leaked? Even though it's free software, Nullsoft and AOL would probably want to maintain some control.

This link has several links to WinAmp 5 pulled and the discussion there seems to indicate that it was leaked:

http://www.ntfs.org/comments.php?catid=1&id=7533

Cheers.

Originally posted by TK-421

ok...well...for some reason winamp 5 crashed. It refuses to work now, and it overwrote the original winamp 2...so I am stuck with 3.....damnit....

I tried reinstalling it but, no luck. It freezes up as it opens.

Well, if you want to get rid of 5, just delete the Winamp folder, and reinstall it again, or if you just want regular winamp 2, then use that. Whatever floats your boat. :)

Originally posted by TK-421

ok...well...for some reason winamp 5 crashed. It refuses to work now, and it overwrote the original winamp 2...so I am stuck with 3.....damnit....

I tried reinstalling it but, no luck. It freezes up as it opens.

LoL...dont know what it could be...probably the fact that it was a beta but I haven't had any problems with it so far. Its awesome.

Quick off-topic question:

How can I get my text to be centered? I've seen it in some sigs...:confused:

Archived