Home

ridiculously large cover scans etc

SpiffyTheDog

I'm also restoring a 720dpi scan of the MI1-CD ver cover. The cover is in excellent condition except from some scratches and a few minor marks. Here's an example of the restoration over one of the worst effected areas:

http://www.zippyimages.com/files/29347/mi1restoration.jpg

As you can see I'm attempting to replace the damaged areas with equivalent material, rather than doing a cheap and nasty fudge-out or nasty interpolitation. I bet you couldn't even tell where the marks had been removed if I didn't include the after pic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mi_dvd6.jpg

This texture was scanned from the limited edition soundtrack booklet from "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring". I didn't overlay it on top of everything, instead I just shifted the hue on this thing in the background (to get all the colors I needed), while I overlayed the "gold"-parts. Thogh your idea of overlaying the texture might be the better solution... which reminds me of my task to finish those covers in hi-res... oopsie...

mi_dvd4.jpg

This texture was scanned from the DVD-Box of "Pearl Harbor - Director's Cut" (with all logos removed).

mi_dvd5.jpg

And this is of course a scan of the digi-pack from "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - SEE" (again with removed logos).

Originally posted by Laserschwert

This texture was scanned from the limited edition soundtrack booklet from "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring". I didn't overlay it on top of everything, instead I just shifted the hue on this thing in the background (to get all the colors I needed), while I overlayed the "gold"-parts. Thogh your idea of overlaying the texture might be the better solution... which reminds me of my task to finish those covers in hi-res... oopsie...

That's an interesting way of doing it I assume the textures you scanned had no text or anything on top of it?

I cant see how you did the LOTR Fellowship dvd texture because surely it has loads of text etc on top of the texture, did you edit it out or something?

I would have thought downloading a texture would be easier to do, but getting quality high res textures for free is always difficult.

As I said I had to remove logos and stuff... but it wasn't very much. The inside of the LOTR-digipack has very little other stuff on top of the texture, so that wasn't really difficult.

I searched the web as well, but I didn't find any hi-res leather textures good enough.

As I said I had to remove logos and stuff... but it wasn't very much. The inside of the LOTR-digipack has very little other stuff on top of the texture, so that wasn't really difficult.

I searched the web as well, but I didn't find any hi-res leather textures good enough.

Ahh didnt think about the inside of the cover.. good idea ;)

offtopic: greg why are you never at #mi anymore?

I am... usually under the nick Hirasawa. I guess i should go back to using GregD if people miss me ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Long time lurker here. :)

I've been watching this topic for a long time, and I was just wondering how it's going with the "ridiculously large" covers?

I think Laserschwert's covers look absolutely stunning!

I have still to see the covers LucasTones has scanned.

The http://covers.mixnmojo.com site has been dormant for some time.

Any news on when the hi-res covers are done?

Originally posted by dpolsrod

Hi.

Long time lurker here. :)

I've been watching this topic for a long time, and I was just wondering how it's going with the "ridiculously large" covers?

I think Laserschwert's covers look absolutely stunning!

I have still to see the covers LucasTones has scanned.

The http://covers.mixnmojo.com site has been dormant for some time.

Any news on when the hi-res covers are done?

Super Hi res covers here: http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/cover-art.shtml

• 1 month later...

Just wondering, does anybody of you have a hires scan (and I mean as hires as Tones' scans) from the MI2-Kixx-Box? Still need it to touch up the original Box-scan... and if there's any MI1-cover out there, that has the covered-up section of the MI1-box, scan it!!

Thanks for your time.

I finally managed to start working on the hires-covers... so far I've got the four "Monkey Island" games done:

MI1th.jpg 'The Secret of Monkey Island' (1.27MB)

MI2th.jpg 'Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge' (1.16MB)

MI3th.jpg 'The Curse of Monkey Island' (1.08MB)

MI4th.jpg 'Escape from Monkey Island' (1.11MB)

They look great!

Are they available for download yet?

The links were just the thumbnails... :)

There was a misunderstanding there.

I meant the links you posted here.

The links you posted here were only the thumbnails, and when I went to covers.mixnmojo.com, it was the same old page with the black background and the video at the top.

But I went there now, and it's the updated page with covers and all.

Just wanted to clarify that. :)

BTW: GREAT job on the covers, man!

I think they look awesome.

It wouldn't have been necessary for you to go to covers.mixnmojo.com to download the covers (OK, now that the site is basically up and running it of course IS necessary, so that those guys get some hits... thanks to Tones, Gabez and/or Spiffy for adding linkage to my files) ... anyway, you should've just left-clicked the little images I posted (yeah, even the ones you've quoted a few posts above this one)... they are download links, but alright, if everything is working now it's cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

This thread inspired me to go ahead and do my own Monkey Island covers.

Monkey Island 1-2

The Curse of Monkey Island

Escape from Monkey Island

The inspiration from the earlier "Guybrush's Diary" concept should be apparent.

Here are the full, high-res versions, zipped up (26mb). This is gonna be brutal on my bandwidth, so I can only keep them up for a few days. Feel free to mirror it or something.

Archived