Home

ridiculously large cover scans etc

SpiffyTheDog

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
No, unfortunately the hard drive they were on broke so I've lost all the files. I'm working on doing them again at the moment though, I have my actual games with me this time so I can scan the details I need in order to avoid using the clone tool. Should be the same idea but a bit better :)

I was quite sad to hear this, would've loved to have those dvd covers.

I really hope you don't mind, but I tried to re create them somewhat. (minus a few changes :p)

I only made this one so far:

MI1copysmall.jpg

Download Full size here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/349241445/MI1_copy.jpg.html

(Sorry for bumping this topic, and elTee, if you do mind; then be sure let me know)

Nice cover, ceres! Although... I think the back side of the cover isn't perfectly centered, is it?. Don't take me wrong, you did a really nice work there, but it seems there's more blank space above than below. Could you please try moving the whole monkey-rounded scroll a little bit so that it's centered? Thanks ;)

• 5 months later...

hi all.

i know this past has not been visited during a long time but i expect to get an answer for what i am asking... the fact is that i would like to have my own dial-a-pirate wheel, but i keep trying and i am unable to print it in the correct way. it either prints in a huge size, or both wheels appear at the same size, so it's impossible to overlap them. i would be really grateful if somebody can help me with that, because i am not good at it. thanks!

• 9 months later...
I think I've settled on a final design for the Secret of Monkey Island DVD - opinions please! If there's nothing wrong with it I'll move onto the rest. As you can see I've gone entirely towards an 'original box' motif now - minus the universally despised 'IBM' sticker on the front cover, which I did replicate but I'm not going to use.

To show a rough idea of what the side panels look like when placed next to each other I've been using photos of the actual boxes for reference - see below.

shelfqq1.png

Really good, i've got a couple of suggestions though, the year box near the bottom of the spine, maybe you could keep that the same for all of them (i.e. all in the style youve used for Maniac Mansion, Zak and MI2), so they all look nice when aligned together on the shelf? also maybe try adjusting the game titles on the spine (Maniac Mansion, MI1, MI2 and indy so they're all the same size, have the same size border and are all in the exact position, some are a couple of pixels out and it looks a little jarring. Other than that, fantastic :D

Yeah, I'm no fan of it either, but Bobbin's head looks good enough - if I were the cover designer, I'd use it on the spine. I would also use LeChuck on MI2 instead of Guybrush - not only does he look weird on that pic when he's "out of context", it would also be nice to have different characters on different covers.

By the way, has anyone made a cover for the special editions of Monkey Island 1 & 2? I love covers :3

Using LeChuck for MI2 is a good idea, not sure why I didn't do that. But I've not been doing any work on this for - well, years I suppose. I might go back to it at some point, but there are better people than me who could give it a try ;)

If I did go back to it, I would probably add the SEs too. But who knows - maybe LucasArts will release those themselves one day?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have a look at what I picked up on ebay for $20.70 including postage:

auctionb.jpg

Yes, I've wanted one of these for sooo long! And at that price, everything else was a bonus:

metromimfront.jpgmetromimback.jpg

I'll make scans of these when I get a chance to hook up my scanner :)

Oh, and I've never before seen that the disc looks like this:

metromimdisc.jpg

It is a standard 1.0 Monkey Island Madness disc, which means the content is identical the version you'd all be familiar with:

61y3sceialsl500aa300.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey.

I’m sorry to pick up this threat from the grave but i was quite inspired by all of the covers shown here.

I have a small collection of old games without their boxes (due to expensive international shipping) and never thought about placing them in dvd cases and be displayed next to my other games and movies.

So i made a few and wanted to share.

At first I wanted to make the covers to be exactly like their original boxes, but looking at a huge deal of images I saw one that caught my eye about Day of the Tentacle and thought it could look even better as a cover than the original box was.

So i re-drew that image and used it for the front and took another image that felt was really great of the characters and placed it on the back.

I placed this cover on a green xbox case and it looks fantastic.

I must note I only re-drew the front image and texts and i don’t know who drew the other images I used though.

Here is a preview of the DOTT cover.

DOTT_cover_th_zpsdc1e2788.jpg

Here is another I made for fate of Atlantis, I used a combination of an original box and the poster from Laserschwert(?)

Atlantis_cover_th_zpsc4ef4c1f.jpg

Another one using the box and another poster from Laserschwert(?)

Though I’m not too happy with it.

Fullthrottle_cover_th_zps7c155296.jpg

This one was lots of work, i had to repaint, fix and extend a good deal of the image, i also started with a very low source, but i like the end result and I’m kind of proud of it :p.

Kyrandia_3_cover_th_zps30b6b6d9.jpg

This one is still kind of a work in progress, the original idea was made by another person and looked great though too dark, so i looked for the images he used and reworked them a bit, I’m still not happy since these images are extremely low res but it gives a sense of paper texture and doesn’t make the low res too noticeable.

I changed the fonts of the logo to be more noir like and added the skeleton lucasarts logo.

I might change some things later on as I’m not 100% convinced and still hope to find better resolution images to work with. But overall I’m liking it and I must praise the original author for a great design idea.

GrimFandango_cover_th_zps55318e22.jpg

PS: I can upload the higher res files upon request, I just want to see if you guys like them enough.

These are not Adventure games related but I thought I’d share as well.

ThemePark_cover_th_zps893184ef.jpg

Fallout2_cover_th_zpsa709ea19.jpg

BaldursGate_cover_th_zpsb3786198.jpg

I love the Day of the Tentacle cover. Using that Purple Tentacle image was a good choice. It works really well.

And that Grim Fandango cover... magnificent beyond words. You're right, the concept art really gives it a noir feel, and actually works great as a cover, given the game's context. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a Microsoft Games poster, but it was more about Halo, Cortana, Gears of War, and two other games I can't recall.

So that direction may not have worked out, but I bet there is still something out there for at least the new HD release.

Sorry.

Archived