Home

ridiculously large cover scans etc

SpiffyTheDog

Eh to heck with it I may as well make a triple-post!

"Clean" MI1 box art (5.08 MB): mi1.png

"Clean" MI2 box art (4.40 MB): mi2.png

Both losslessly compressed in the PNG format. More-or-less 300dpi. Clean meaning they're basically the complete box arts (no "system requirements" rubbish or anything).

Hi, I'm looking for those two scans (> dead link), cleaned cover art of MI1 and MI2, in order to make a fan covering.

My actual fan covers here : http://conradson.deviantart.com/

Thanks in advance (sorry for my weird English, I'm French).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
Hi, I'm looking for those two scans (> dead link), cleaned cover art of MI1 and MI2, in order to make a fan covering.

My actual fan covers here : http://conradson.deviantart.com/

Thanks in advance (sorry for my weird English, I'm French).

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55288860/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55288876/

My covers:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55289893/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55289602/

http://plamdi.com/wotc/tales.htm

http://plamdi.com/movies/swcovers.htm

To whoever owns The LucasArts Adventure Museum website, I've tried emailing you I have my own scans of MANY of the things you're missing, please get back to me if you want them. I have much, much more high-resolution scans as you can see here (all the PNG's are my own scans, I'm still looking for some more of my scans):

scansfk9.png

These are excellent images! Well done. I'm going to look into sorting out the perpetual limbo that LucasCovers has fallen into next week, so hopefully a decent library of the DVD covers and box scans can be amassed. Thanks for uploading these :)

These are excellent images! Well done. I'm going to look into sorting out the perpetual limbo that LucasCovers has fallen into next week, so hopefully a decent library of the DVD covers and box scans can be amassed. Thanks for uploading these :)
That would be handy, I visited LucasCovers only to find it wasting webspace! I can also contribute the MI1 CD Big-Box scans to http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/. Thanks for the compliment, the MI2 box took a lot of work (imagine starting with the Kixx box art in 1200dpi, then adding the original label at 1200dpi to blend just the bottom par of the image, and THEN you have all this side stuff to re-draw:

demoyt0.jpg

To make it look more natural I replaced all the sky from the LEC-label part with the Kixx sky. This is the resolution I was working in:

redrawnys6.jpg

You should be able to tell I used some of the scan from the LEC box there (but all the sky is cloned from the Kixx box). Still, I did this a long time ago now.

Sadly the same process would not have worked for the MI1 box, however now that I consider I scanned the CD-rom box I may be able to fix it up in 1200 DPI better then my original!

Those scans are really great!

Finally I've managed to upscale a descent MI2-scan to at least 45 x 60 cm. I've faked detail with a few filters and by overlaying a texture. I'll post some images (and maybe the whole big thing itself) when I get home. I wish we could easily get rid of the "by RON GILBERT"-remains, but I guess I'll just have to try to paint it out.

I wish Lagomorph01 would post his logo-less scan of the MI2-artwork...

And I'm also still hoping for a descent version of the MI1-boxart... especially without the "LucasFilm Games"-sticker at the bottom. Oh, and a 300dpi-scan of the official MI1-poster.

This thread is so old now, and the content in it is so spread out, that I'm thinking we might be better off starting a new thread soon. I have (seriously, ridiculous amounts of) work to do but by the 24th of May I'll be getting some free time, so that's when I'll sort this out.

Until then you guys should discuss and come up guidelines for images. Desired resolution (I'm not an image techie, by resolution I mean dimensions - 5000x3000 pixels etc.) and DPI for box art scans suitable for LARGE POSTER PRINTING. Then we can set up a project where we paint over the covered sections of box-art and get clean, super-hi-res images for all 14 games.

The second stage would be to set up similar guidelines for DVD cases, and even art for the discs themselves. Obviously this would be a lower-res than poster printing because a DVD case is so much smaller - but we would still need the optimum resolution for clear printing. Also for DVD cases the BACK of the boxes would need to be scanned as well.

LucasForums can provide text files containing the 'blurb' from the back of each box, in case a designer wishes to eschew the original design for one of their own.

So to recap: we need a list of guidelines! LucasCovers will be set up something like this:

Files for designers:

- 'Clean Box Art' Project

- Section of finished clean box art image files at POSTER RESOLUTION

- Selection of finished clean box art image files at DVD CASE RESOLUTION

- Selection of scanned CD-Roms / Manuals etc. at an appropriate resolution for printing (whatever you feel people might like to include for their 'final sets'.)

Files by designers:

- User-created DVD CASES + any additional extras, such as DVD slip inserts or CD designs

- User-created POSTERS of the games, if applicable.

And to re-iterate, we should aim for a standard here - each file (from each category) should be the same resolution and file format (multiple formats can be available.)

So figure it out, please :D

Good idea(s), ElTee... yet, I'll post my results right now ;)

Here are some full-res samples of the upscaled MI2-artwork (the JPEG-compression blurred the texture a little bit):

mi2_a.jpgmi2_b.jpgmi2_c.jpgmi2_d.jpg

I don't know how it looks when printed (as mentioned, at this scale the artwork would make a poster of 45 x 60 cm - which is about 17.7 x 23.6 inch), but I think the faked detail might work really good on this one. The logo might need some touch up, and the "by RON GILBERT"-line is still in there, so this is not yet ready.

I've tried the same technique on the MI1-artwork:

mi1_a.jpgmi1_b.jpgmi1_c.jpgmi1_d.jpg

It might work as well (although the artwork isn't as detailed as the one Steve did for MI2), but the image itself still needs some touch-up work.

And last but not least, I've played with the "Sam & Max"-cover, although faking detail with a texture didn't work too well with the comic style, so I only used the brush-stroke effect on these:

sm_a.jpgsm_b.jpgsm_c.jpgsm_d.jpg

Really not sure about this one... I guess there's still room for improvement.

You guys seem to know what you're doing, perhaps you can help with the site? Although it needs a redesign first :( (I forgot about that.)

Anyway, I'm impressed with these images you're coming up with - very impressed. Back to work for me now :(

The artwork is the same quality, it's just a higher quality on the Kixx box.

Was that referring to me saying

although the artwork isn't as detailed as the one Steve did for MI2
?

In that case it must be a coincidence that you're name is Steve as well. I was actually talking about Steve Purcel, who did the two MI-artworks... and he painted a lot more detail into the MI2 artwork then he did with MI1.

By the way, I wouldn't recommend using Median to reduce noise and screen-artifacts, because it kills too much detail in the image. Instead I'd use a plugin like NeatImage, which keeps a lot of the detail, and even preserves most ofthe fine brush-strokes in the image. Here are some comparisons (excuse the slight color difference... I've auto-leveled them separately):

comp1.jpg

(Notice the detail in Guybrush's hair and the blade)

comp2.jpg

(Compare the monkey's face and mouth, as well as the cannibals masks and skirts )

comp3.jpg

(See the brush strokes on the skull and the detail on the ship and the water)

comp4.jpg

(See the monkey's fur, the skull's jaw and teeths and the faces)

The plugin generates a few artifacts where it can't recognize the flow of the lines, alhough I think these support the "painted" look of the image. When scaled up, and some added effects like brush strokes and texture, this might work as a poster I guess.

LOL, I'm not steve - I know you mean Purcell, I was just letting you know that the quality of print on the original box is significantly lower quality then the print that the Kixx release did, and this goes for both MI1 and MI2. I used the Kixx box for the MI2 cover, but I used the original LEC box for the MI1 cover (because I didn't think I could redraw all the missing stuff). I assume you upscaled my down-scaled images. I scanned the boxes at the highest resolution my scanner would do, at those resolutions you could print the box art at about 60 x 75cm at 200dpi. Scans at this resolution are already available, however: http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/cover-art.shtml

Part of the reason I left "By Ron Gilbert" on the cover (aside from consistency for my DVD-case covers), was the fact that it obscured the blend line between the KIXX cover and the LEC cover underneath it.

If you really want it without anything on it you need to get a print of Purcell's painting:

http://www.mixnmojo.com/galleries/gallery.php?gallery=239&image=2474&goback=

Maybe you could as Purcell at: PO Box 2615 Petaluma, CA 94953-2615

By the way, Lagomorph01's "poster" is clearly a fake, it's cropped heavily on the top, it's cropped on the bottom, on the left - and even on the right.

The best I have is the page in the LucasArts Archieves manual:

m2mh8.th.jpg

PS:

Try that filter on the original:

testimageof0.th.jpg

Thanks for the links... I guess the black & white one (and colorwise the photo from Steve's framed original) might work to clear out some parts, like the "RON"-lines and the maybe to logo... I'll look into it.

Funnily enough I've already asked Steve about the painting a while back, but it looked like he avoided the subject and never answered about it.

Is the scan from the LA-Archives-manual already filtered (at least it looks like a median filter on it)? If yes, could you upload an unfiltered version? Furthermore, does the manual have an image of MI1 that shows more than the box?

PS:

I'll try NeatImage on your 1200dpi scan... although I've learned that it tends to have some problems with screen-patterns at that size.

I looked at NeatImage on the original scan, and I feel the median filter works better. And no, the LucasArchives manual only has that image in it, it's quite low-quality, but I did manage to use it in my monkey island 2 dvd cover (I don't really like the back of the LEC mi2box... nothing against Purcell's painting but everything on top of it just looks cluttered).

[offtopic]Hahaha Steve (Scurvyliver) just emailed me back, the scans I was looking for were here all along: http://scurvy.adventuredevelopers.com/about.html why didn't I look harder?[/offtopic]

I might upload the original at a later time, it's not very good quality though (the reason why it looks OK on my cover is because it's been darkened so much).

Regarding MI1 it looks like there are boxes that show more of the artwork than all the others. For example the SegaCD-box:

segacd_front.jpg

It shows Guybrush down to his crotch, not that that does anything for me... ok, well, it does a little bit, since it would allow to paint out that silly "LucasFilm Games" logo of the regular boxes.

And here's the FM-Towns box and cover:

fmtowns_frontbox.jpg

fmtowns_front.jpg

These might actually do... but as with MI2 the FM-Towns version is probably too rare to have it scanned.

The "FM towns version" would be roughly the same quality (at best) as the LEC-label box, and still suffers from the standard cropping and having the logo over the top 3rd of the painting. My scan of the Kixx box kept all the quality of the Kixx box, which is much better then any LEC-label box (they likley used a different company to print their boxes then LEC). I removed the LucasArts logo in 300dpi (using my own scan of the MI2 hintbook) - the lower quality is obscured because its dark, I couldn't get away with doing that on the MI1 box-art (though I did re-draw in some of it).

If it's quality you're after, the only way to get better quality is to use a higher quality source, and I don't know of any higher quality then the Kixx box (unless you get a print off the original painting). I don't think "cleaning" the entire image is the best idea anyway, because it will still be cropped from the original painting (which of course is normal for box-art, however a real poster of the painting would not be cropped - well it might have the "boarders" cropped off, but that'd be it). Personally I prefer quality.

With that said, I used the Kixx box because it would be the best quality, not because it was easiest. I have an eye for detail, and so I hevily edited the MI2 logo on the Kixx box. Here's my source image of the Kixx box (prepared to be edited into what you've seen as my final image):

source1md8.jpg

There are 4 main changes to the logo from the original box, and my source image of the LEC box is here:

source2nr1.jpg

The main changes to the Kixx-box logo are: 1. it's squashed horizontally, 2. the "LeChuck's Revenge" text on the paper sits higher and is black, 3. The paper itself is both higher above "Monkey Island 2", and its curled ends have been cropped off, 4. Because this was a licensed release, "TM" is replaced with ®. The Monkey Island text is also more orange then the original yellow, and it's worth noting the entire logo is over the picture, whereas the top section extends outside the painting box on the original box (which is fine for an original release, but for re-releases, and if-you-like later legacy releases like say if was to be released officially in a DVD-keepcase then you'd expect the logo to be in the image).

The only two things I felt compelled to change was the placement of the LeChuck's text (because I think it's too high on the Kixx box, and too black), and removal of the ®.

My final looks like this:

edited1zr2.jpg

But then, when I made the DVD cover I changed my mind about extending the paper:

edited2vu7.jpg

The reason it's extended on my DVD cover and not on this image is because I did it after I had fiddled with the colours (and I didn't want to do it all again), so I just matched the paper colour and tacked it on in the 11th hour. I don't really think it looks any better like that, but that was the original way the logo was.

I think if I was to make another "Monkey Island Madness" cover, I would use the paper to re-create the "Monkey Island Madness" paper logo you see here: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/monkey-island-madness/cover-art/gameCoverId,72630/ (since they used it for that), and use an MI2 logo without the paper like this:

boxartmi2fromexemd1.gif

That would look quite good next to the MI1 logo as well. I probably could have cloned out "By Ron Gilbert", but as I said earlier it was providing a nice distraction from the blend between the Kixx scan and the LEC scan. I actually had half a mind to leave the full "A graphic adventure by Ron Gilbert" on it, but I really didn't think it looked very good like that!

In conclusion, I was aiming to create an image with no external border from the original Kixx scan, which showed as much of Purcell's painting as the LEC box did. Most of the changes were done with my "1200dpi" scan (I should note that I believe my scanner is incapable of true 1200x1200dpi, and I think scans at 1200x960dpi or something, but I could be wrong I'd have to read its manual - keep in mind I did all this 2 years ago now, and bought the scanner prior to that). I could have removed the "LucasArts" logo in 1200dpi by cloning it over, but I replaced it after resizing it because it was easier, and would actually be closer to the original then cloning.

For my own use it was perfect, and I absolutely guarantee it looks fantastic when printed:

printedwr2.jpg

--edit--

Here is my complete MI collection:

collectionbe4.jpg

Not pictured is the SWOTL manual, 2x LucasArts Archives boxes, and the CMI discs. In total I have:

MI1CD - Monkey Island VGA, CD-ROM x2

MI1CDB - Monkey Island VGA, Madness CD-ROM

MI1VGA7 - Monkey Island VGA, 7-disk version (Classic Tales compilation) x2 (3.5", one complete 7 disks and 3 disks from my original version)

MI2CD - Monkey Island 2, Madness CD-ROM

MI2DISK - Monkey Island 2, Floppy disk version (5.25")

MI2DISKB - Monkey Island 2, Kixx version (3.5")

More specifically:

Monkey Island 1 VGA, part of "Classic Tales":

Just 5 surviving game disks from all four original games, non-working.

Dial-a-pirate code-wheel.

Original Instruction Manual (which covers Duck Tales, Rocketeer and Monkey Island).

I'm missing: the box, many of the floppies, the SWOTL manual, and both the SWOTL and Rocketeer codewheels.

Monkey Island 1 VGA, CD-ROM (complete!):

CD-ROM, which has many light marks but works flawlessly.

Original CD-ROM slip-cover, which is damaged.

Original manual, in excellent shape considering its age and use.

Monkey Island 2 (Kixx - complete!):

Original 5 disks, non-working.

Original manual, in good order.

Original box in good shape.

That is the original stuff from my childhood, the rest I bought later:

Classic Tales:

I bought a 2nd-hand copy of the game off ebay with the box in perfect condition. It has all the disks for all 4 games, and I had them backed up before it was posted, every disk worked flawlessly (but I used the CD-R backup).

It did not have any of the three codewheels, unfortunatly, nor did it have the main instruction manual (but it did have the SWOTL manual which I was missing). Thus I'm still missing the rocketeer and SWOTL codewheels from the set, when combined with my original set.

Monkey Island CD-ROM:

I bought a new-and-sealed CD-ROM version off ebay for about US$20 or so; which had a perfect-condition CD, the manual still has the blue "read first" back on it as well as a perfect-condition CD-slipcover. The manual has some scratches to it, despite being sealed when I bought it. I have kept this item in its entirety.

I bought a used "big-box" CD-ROM version off ebay; at that stage I was simply wanting to "complete" my collection. The big box was complete; and I've kept every part of it with the exception of the CD-ROM (game) which I re-sold as disc-only on eBay (2 copies is enough).

Monkey Island 2:

I managed to find in absolutly stunning condition a copy of Monkey Island 2 (original label) on floppy disk, and I couldn't resist adding it to the collection. The disks remain untested (when I bought the game I did have 2 5.25" floppy drives that I'd never tested and I figured it wouldn't be worth it). The box is in mint condition, and it's complete with mint condition manual, techincal reference card and it even has the original store reciept. It was sold with the Hint Book, also in perfect shape!

Monkey Island Atari ST version:

Again, this was complete (except for tha absence of its codewheel) and in excellent condition. I managed to back up the disks without a problem. Again, it has the manual, reference card and box.

Monkey Island Amiga version (Kixx box):

I bought this again because it had the Kixx box and was complete, and like the Atari ST version I backed up the disks. I sold the disks and codewheel on eBay and just kept the box and manual. (In case you're wondering, I used the back-up to give a CD-R copy of the Amiga disk images to the buyer, I didn't advertise it in the auction, but as I was selling it with MI2 for Amiga I wanted to make sure the buyer would have no problems).

LucasArts Archives:

I bougth several incomplete versions, and resold games individually. I have kept a complete set, not just including the Monkey Island Madness CD (that specific disc was brand new when I got it and is still in spotless condition), but the other 5 discs as well and even 2 boxes (additional discs and boxes aren't in photo).

Hintbooks:

I had previously purchased a MI2 hintbook, which was in equal condition to the one I have now (which is like brand-new), but I resold it as it was a budget-release that didn't use the red plastic reader (though the print quality was equal). The Monkey Island 1 Hint Book is more difficuilt to get, and I believe it came with the Kixx Amiga version which I purchased. I have both the "red readers", although only one is in the photo (the other was in the hintbook when photographed).

Monkey Island Bounty Pack Manual:

This is the CMI manual. I actually don't remember how or why I got this manual, but I do know that the version of CMI I own originally came from a big box and was sold to me without its box or manual (ie it does not have the PDF version on the disc).

Digitally I have all the English PC versions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 I know about:

MI1CD    - Monkey Island CD-ROM
MI1CDB   - Monkey Island on Madness CD-ROM (no copy protection)
MI1EGA4  - Monkey Island, 4-disk version
MI1EGA8  - Monkey Island, 8-disk version
MI1VGA4  - Monkey Island VGA, 4-disk version
MI1VGA4B - Monkey Island VGA, Classic-Adventures/PC-Gamer version (no copy protection)
MI1VGA7  - Monkey Island VGA, 7-disk version
MI1VGA8  - Monkey Island VGA, 8-disk version
MI2CD    - Monkey Island 2, Madness CD-ROM (no copy protection)
MI2DISK  - Monkey Island 2, floppy disk version
MI2DISKB - Monkey Island 2, Kixx version (no copy protection)

I even have installation files for many of these (not to mention that of course I legally own more then half of them, and if you exclude the technical differences the only version I don't actually own is Monkey Island EGA for PC, but I own it for the AtariST). I own all three MI2 versions. The only thing I would like to add to my collection is the rare big-box Monkey Island Madness (and I'd sell the disc off - I only need one disc).

Here's a little bonus scan for everyone to enjoy off one of my 3 Monkey1 CD-cases (I think it's my original one, but I could be wrong), click to download full-size (2.5M):

monkey1_cdcase.jpg

Nice images - and nice collection! There was a time when I would literally have killed for all those items. Fortunately for me (and you ;)) that time has passed. But I'm still jealous ;)

Anyway I do have the SEGA CD version of Monkey Island, and by extraordinary coincidence I will be at my parents' house this weekend, for the first and possibly only time this year before Christmas. So I'll get it, bring it here, and scan it. Then we can all marvel at Guybrush's crotch :)

I can't recall now, but if I find any curios among my collection that are worth a scan, I'll get some images.

Thanks, you'll probably be jealous when I tell you that over the life of collecting it from the money I made back re-selling the stuff I didn't want I probably made back all the money and broke about even. I mean I bought at least 4 or 5 incomplete Lucas-Archives from eBay America, and when I had them sent I'd ask for the discs only... I would buy at about US$40, sell MI Madness for A$50-60, any other games for $10-20, etc; and in the end I kept a complete set. lol. I got two new copies of MI Madness from LEC free (the first time I wanted a replacement for my MI1 disks... the 2nd time I wanted a replacement for my MI2 disks - they didn't listen to me, I wanted my version, and they sent me copies of Madness CD's instead!) I gave one to a friend, and I've kept the other.

I certainly haven't broken even, because I've never sold anything. And I only have one or two rarities, and nothing major, so there's no point me selling anything for a long time yet. I'm not a collector anymore, but I was for a couple of years (about five years ago, I suppose.) It's the only thing I've ever really collected, and it was fun :)

Well, I was collecting at a good time. There was enough supply in America for me to import anything at a reasonable price, and enough demand in Australia to sell nice and high. I was really, really pleased to (finally) find Classic tales. It was in a lot with some other games as well, and I convinced the seller to sell to me and he closed the auction early. I only wanted ClassicTales, but only wanted to sell as a lot. I agreed to his price, he agreed to CD-R everything before sending. So (thankfully) I didn't have to take a chance on loosing the fantastic set (remember that I actually did well re-selling most of the stuff - The Adventures of Willy Beamish sold very well, I think I made the money back)! This is what I bought:

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday

Duck Tales

Monkey Island Disks

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe Disks

Terminator 2 Judgment Day

The Adventures of Willy Beamish

The Incredible Machine

The Rocketeer

The Simpsons Bart Vs The Space Mutants

Treasure Trap

WWF WrestleMania

And the only things I kept were Classic Tales (MI1, Duck Tales, Rocketeer, SWOTL), and The Incredible Machine. At least I don't think I still have any of the others. None of the other games were a part of a compilation (don't think anyway).

I didn't have the MI1 files digitally, and after so many years I got them - all of them. I couldn't believe it. I certainly wasn't getting them off the old 3 surviving disks from when I was a kid! Original file creation dates are on the CD-R too, so I never bothered using the original disks:

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 1
000      LFL              8,357 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
901      LFL              2,264 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
902      LFL              3,335 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
903      LFL              2,019 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
904      LFL              4,368 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
DISK01   LEC            599,209 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
INSTALL  BAT              3,227 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
MONKEY   EXE             69,589 21/02/1991  11:27 AM
_INSTALL BAT              2,431 19/02/1991  03:06 PM
              9 File(s)        694,799 bytes

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 2
DISK02   LEC            655,465 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
              1 File(s)        655,465 bytes

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 3
DISK03   LEC            641,088 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
              1 File(s)        641,088 bytes

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 4
DISK04   LEC            689,124 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
              1 File(s)        689,124 bytes

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 5
DISK05   LEC            575,735 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
              1 File(s)        575,735 bytes

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 6
DISK06   LEC            615,087 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
              1 File(s)        615,087 bytes

Directory of G:\Monkey Island Disks\Disk 7
DISK07   LEC            666,332 15/02/1991  12:00 PM
              1 File(s)        666,332 bytes

I absolutely love the color correction you did on this one:

edited2vu7.jpg

I think I'll try to match it for my poster. Thanks for all the detailed info!

And by the way, I am still desparately looking for a high-quality scan of this one:

adventurer5.jpg

And, since no one seems to answer, another EDIT:

Here's my finished retouched artwork I'll be using for a poster print. I've color corrected it to match Plamdi's version, plus I've retouched the "by RON GILBERT"-line using the photo of Purcell's framed original. Furthermore I've painted out the stupid monkey and the "2", again with the help of the photo (for color) and the black&white-scan of the archives-manual (for texture), and reconstructed the missing parts of the logo using the MI1-logo.

mi2_poster.jpg

And here's an ANIMATED GIF comparing the before and after.

Aaaaand, again... EDIT:

After a few hours I've finally got myself a MI1-poster:

mi1poster.jpg

The images at The LucasArts Museum, and especially the scans of the FM-Towns version, were the most important sources for painting out and retouching the text in front of the ship and the skull, as well as the LucasfilmGames-logo and the palmtree. I've color corrected the image to match the color of the FM-Towns artwork, because it looks much more exciting in these darker shades than the 90s pop art color of most of the other boxes. I've extended the sky a bit to fit my planned 60 x 80 cm format for the posters.

Obviously editing a post doesn't mark a thread as updated, so maybe that's why suddenly no one posted anymore. So, here's a NEW POST!!

My posters at full resolution of 60 x 80 cm at 200dpi (I guess it's enough for a poster):

The Secret of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

The MI2-artwork is slightly cropped on the sides, to match the 3:4-ratio I wanted for the posters.

miposter.jpg

By the way, here are both "before and after"-comparisons:

MI 1

MI 2

Your posters of MI1 and MI2 look really great. 4724 x 6301 pixels - wow!

I wonder if the MI2 poster is going to be rather dark when actually printed as a poster.

Do you plan to have those images printed soon? What service are you going to use?

Archived